Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#121 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:29 pm

farng84 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:23 pm
Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:14 pm
Klozje wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:10 pm

Please show me ANY "balance proposals" from the players that asked for a reduction in range for the SH. The tactic to increased your range on "quick shootin" wasnt even optional, it was the one tactic that made that build playable.
This one for exemple ?

viewtopic.php?t=39050
Not sure I see the proposal of reducing the range of quick shootin'.
Copied from the post

Path of Quick Shootin':

-Tactic Shootin Wif' da wind: Path of Quick Shootin' abilities penetrate 25% armor.
-Run 'n Shoot base range increased to 100'
-Yer bleedin' Now stacks up to 3 times and base range increased to 100'
-Tactic Split Arrows: Run 'n Shoot and Yer Bleedin' now hit all enemies within 20' of your initial target, but their range is reduced to 65'.
-Run Away move to core abilities.
-Move Explodin' Arrer to 5pt Path of Quick Shootin'
-Add new ability "Barrage" (same as Shadow Warrior) to 13pt Quick Shootin'.

The only suggestion about reducing range was on a tactic witch would reduce from 100 to 65 ft as trade off to make the two skills aoe.
A little different
Yes 100% RSW mirror. Not what we wanted . Again we will look into how it works on live server for some time , maybe we can increase RnS and Yer Bleedin to 100ft , but it too early to change anything . We don’t do rework to change it 2 hours after because theoricraft while reading patch notes .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
retekelek

Post#122 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:30 pm

Oglaf wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:32 pm Did you guys "change" the zone lock bag system? Destro just locked CW and nobody got anything.
Confirmed, loot system went back to oldsystem, 2 gold bag for whole destro side, no invidual rolls. Aint find anything in patch note about that, prolly its a bug, i dont know how to make a ticket, someone less boomer than me make one plz, if someone aint already did it.

WarHawK

Post#123 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:30 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:33 pm
Let’s test and see first ?
What is there to test?

QS Squig Solo roaming / small groups have now become virtually impossible. Removing the only "must have" taktic of a path is a joke..
It is ridiculous to take away the only benefit of a fragile range class. First, Cleansing Wind and Resolute Defense were taken out, making life much harder for solo / small group players, and now that too.

the devs must really hate solo / small-group players otherwise I can't explain it to myself...

NSKaneda

Post#124 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:31 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:02 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:46 pm
Spoiler:
After initial testing of rSH changes:

things I love:
  • more versatility with builds thanks to two new step 3 tactics (Shootin' Quicka and Sharpened Arrers)
  • squig beast is now m1
  • interrupt is actually useful now
  • behind ya as standard skill

things I like:
  • squig frenzy rework makes it very useful utility (even if it removes previously accessible squig skill options)
  • more burst options

Things I dislike:
  • Tastes like Chicken increases wounds but does not heal making it good for squig rotations on mSH and benefits big shooting but impairs quick shooting.
  • Explodin’ Arrer being 13 steps into big shooting with added knock back
  • Not so Fast! being stationary (sic!) ini debuff with added knockdown. I'd gladly see poison arrer being range knockdown with added dot and NsF back to original on-the-move state.
  • Shoot thru ya being morale3 essentially nerfes dmg output in funnels and close quarter encounters with zerg.

Things I hate:
  • range nerf on quick shooting (and that's including burst from Shootin wiff da wind). Serious nerf to group utility and roaming spec. Even with gas squig buff and invader range buff quick shooting tree feels very, very clunky. Might be adjustment issue but for now I hate it with fiery passion.
    Run'n'shoot, Yer bleedin' and most importantly Rotten Arrer could use 85ft basic range

Overall: I'd give this rework 7/10 but range nerf is a huge kick in the balls worth -3 so 4/10.

About Tastes like Chicken as all wounds buff it also heal you for the wounds gained
Didn't work this way when I was testing it today - it gave me wounds increase but I had to be out of combat for it to actually heal me and even then it took time, certainly not instant buff/heal like it was intended (if I understand your words correctly).
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#125 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:33 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:31 pm
Spoiler:
NSKaneda wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:46 pm After initial testing of rSH changes:

things I love:
  • more versatility with builds thanks to two new step 3 tactics (Shootin' Quicka and Sharpened Arrers)
  • squig beast is now m1
  • interrupt is actually useful now
  • behind ya as standard skill

things I like:
  • squig frenzy rework makes it very useful utility (even if it removes previously accessible squig skill options)
  • more burst options

Things I dislike:
  • Tastes like Chicken increases wounds but does not heal making it good for squig rotations on mSH and benefits big shooting but impairs quick shooting.
  • Explodin’ Arrer being 13 steps into big shooting with added knock back
  • Not so Fast! being stationary (sic!) ini debuff with added knockdown. I'd gladly see poison arrer being range knockdown with added dot and NsF back to original on-the-move state.
  • Shoot thru ya being morale3 essentially nerfes dmg output in funnels and close quarter encounters with zerg.

Things I hate:
  • range nerf on quick shooting (and that's including burst from Shootin wiff da wind). Serious nerf to group utility and roaming spec. Even with gas squig buff and invader range buff quick shooting tree feels very, very clunky. Might be adjustment issue but for now I hate it with fiery passion.
    Run'n'shoot, Yer bleedin' and most importantly Rotten Arrer could use 85ft basic range

Overall: I'd give this rework 7/10 but range nerf is a huge kick in the balls worth -3 so 4/10.
About Tastes like Chicken as all wounds buff it also heal you for the wounds gained
Didn't work this way when I was testing it today - it gave me wounds increase but I had to be out of combat for it to actually heal me and even then I took time, certainly not instant buff/heal like it was intended (if I understand your words correctly).
Test again , it work for me , I got wounds + heals

adapter
Suspended

Post#126 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Klozje wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:10 pm

Please show me ANY "balance proposals" from the players that asked for a reduction in range for the SH. The tactic to increased your range on "quick shootin" wasnt even optional, it was the one tactic that made that build playable.
This one for exemple ?

viewtopic.php?t=39050
Copied from the post

Path of Quick Shootin':

-Tactic Shootin Wif' da wind: Path of Quick Shootin' abilities penetrate 25% armor.
-Tactic Split Arrows: Run 'n Shoot and Yer Bleedin' now hit all enemies within 20' of your initial target, but their range is reduced to 65'.

The only suggestion about reducing range was on a tactic witch would reduce from 100 to 65 ft as trade off to make the two skills aoe.
A little different
I'm the one who proposed that and if u read it, it says an increase in run n shoot to 100' . The tactic meant to make it AoE says a reduce in range. But since devs didn't want QS as an AoE spec, then that proposal quoted makes no sense mentioning it.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#127 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Spoiler:
Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:29 pm

This one for exemple ?

viewtopic.php?t=39050
Copied from the post

Path of Quick Shootin':

A little different
Yes 100% RSW mirror. Not what we wanted . Again we will look into how it works on live server for some time , maybe we can increase RnS and Yer Bleedin to 100ft , but it too early to change anything . We don’t do rework to change it 2 hours after because theoricraft while reading patch notes .
Quite frankly it's more than fair to want to test things out, after all we are all interested in the long game picture and not just fun for some and less for others type of balance. As long as you stay open minded to changes that may not be as good as they sounded in paper it's all great.
I believe a trade between dmg and range could be a possible solution. Keep the class fun to play as the main focus, and ensure it isn't op/doing too much dmg from 100ft. A scenario where a KD + run tactic/sprint AP pot and the squiggy is doing mad dps from his warcamp is probably what u wanted to avoid :D

NSKaneda

Post#128 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:36 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:33 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:31 pm
Spoiler:
Didn't work this way when I was testing it today - it gave me wounds increase but I had to be out of combat for it to actually heal me and even then I took time, certainly not instant buff/heal like it was intended (if I understand your words correctly).
Test again , it work for me , I got wounds + heals
Will do as soon as server's back online :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#129 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:39 pm

adapter wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:34 pm

This one for exemple ?

viewtopic.php?t=39050
Copied from the post

Path of Quick Shootin':

A little different
I'm the one who proposed that and if u read it, it says an increase in run n shoot to 100' . The tactic meant to make it AoE says a reduce in range. But since devs didn't want QS as an AoE spec, then that proposal quoted makes no sense mentioning it.
Yes if you were expecting a long range aoe mobile spec that’s not what we wanted . But I understand your last post mentioning what dev should have done if their were understanding the class now ...

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#130 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:41 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:34 pm
Spoiler:
Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:29 pm

Copied from the post

Path of Quick Shootin':

A little different
Quite frankly it's more than fair to want to test things out, after all we are all interested in the long game picture and not just fun for some and less for others type of balance. As long as you stay open minded to changes that may not be as good as they sounded in paper it's all great.
I believe a trade between dmg and range could be a possible solution. Keep the class fun to play as the main focus, and ensure it isn't op/doing too much dmg from 100ft. A scenario where a KD + run tactic/sprint AP pot and the squiggy is doing mad dps from his warcamp is probably what u wanted to avoid :D
Nothing is set in stone , we test this , and we will see how it goes , if It need buff / nerf / revert / new things . I am at work now so I won’t be able to reply to everyone .