Developer Musings: An Explanation of Recent Occurances & How We'll Fix Them

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Oglaf
Suspended

Re: Developer Musings: An Explanation of Recent Occurances & How We'll Fix Them

Post#81 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:01 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:50 pm Thanks to the devs for explaining. Really appreciate it.

To destro... Never thought I came here to read 8 pages of ****. You really are defending a totally overpowered tactic? You think this change ruined your whole class?
I think you should actually read those 8 pages before speaking: nobody expected the ridiculous -25% crit version to stay.

What people are complaining about is what we're left with instead of just reverting the change.

Ads
zij83

Post#82 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:05 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:50 pm Thanks to the devs for explaining. Really appreciate it.

To destro... Never thought I came here to read 8 pages of ****. You really are defending a totally overpowered tactic? You think this change ruined your whole class?

Man as a WL I am looking at my skillable tactics and would love it so much if devs take at least one out of the at least 6 useless tactics and gave me one worth considering...

You wonder why often nothing happens when destro is crying on the forums? Just take this thread and you see why. Because you guys cry about everything...
Stop trying to start drama. There were 28 pages of crying about the change yesterday and everyone I've seen on here today has said that they understand 25% was too much. Most seem to think (myself included) that this will not be up enough to really make a difference. The devs have already said they will be monitoring for uptime and I trust that they will adjust if they see it's not procing enough.

Bignusty

Post#83 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:07 pm

Man as a WL I am looking at my skillable tactics and would love it so much if devs take at least one out of the at least 6 useless tactics and gave me one worth considering...

You wonder why often nothing happens when destro is crying on the forums? Just take this thread and you see why. Because you guys cry about everything...
WL need a buff hmmmmmm ! Rofl

Korhill

Post#84 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:17 pm

Bignusty wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:07 pm

Can you just response with "WLs need buffs.." , or "That comes from a WL.." etc. ? You did yesterday the same with my post when you tried to defend the OP chosen buff. Glad that you deleted your post right after.

I am very sorry that you obviously get killed a lot by WLs.
BTW I am sure that after the several WLs nerfs some will get reverted again.

Bignusty

Post#85 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:22 pm

Korhill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:17 pm

Can you just response with "WLs need buffs.." , or "That comes from a WL.." etc. ? You did yesterday the same with my post when you tried to defend the OP chosen buff. Glad that you deleted your post right after.

Stop ask a buff when your class is one of the best mdps solo and reworked at warband play like marauder was.

nuadarstark

Post#86 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:25 pm

Moments like this make me appreciate that we have Secrets on the team. Nothing against Grimnir, I understand his position and mood after the sh*tstorm that was yesterday, but he always sounds half angry, extremely sarcastic or super patronising in anything he posts. Secrets comment reads like they knows that the team **** up with the initial change. Reads very human, thank you guys, both of you.

Now let's see how the changes work out.

Edit: On the side note, it is funny to see the same people who were praising the change yesterday for being balanced write stuff like "we all always knew the 25% was too much, lmao".
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Korhill

Post#87 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:29 pm

Bignusty wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:22 pm
Korhill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:17 pm

Stop ask a buff when your class is one of the best mdps solo and reworked at warband play like marauder was.
I have not asked for a Buff. From where do you get that?

Anyway don't want to use this topic for that.
Many thanks Devs for explaining it

Schweedy

Post#88 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:31 pm

zij83 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:05 pm Stop trying to start drama. There were 28 pages of crying about the change yesterday and everyone I've seen on here today has said that they understand 25% was too much. Most seem to think (myself included) that this will not be up enough to really make a difference. The devs have already said they will be monitoring for uptime and I trust that they will adjust if they see it's not procing enough.
Well.... we are back to square one.

Even with just a -10% chance to crit on being crit, it would have been perfect for the fecalstorm that is Forts and Keeps. Especially Forts though.

Does no one else realize the danger in basing balance upon a stereotyped image or identity?

Isn't the fun of playing classes in finding new and creative roles/strategies that subvert expectations? Ala Competitive Esports? Does anyone play games competitively here?

@Secrets
Secrets wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:03 pm This gives Chosen a very viable 2h build as well as a defensive build, similar to what the Knight has with Dirty Tricks, but on an offensive action to fit the Chosen's offensive class identity.
Last edited by Schweedy on Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60

Ads
Oglaf
Suspended

Post#89 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:36 pm

Schweedy wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:31 pm
zij83 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:05 pm Stop trying to start drama. There were 28 pages of crying about the change yesterday and everyone I've seen on here today has said that they understand 25% was too much. Most seem to think (myself included) that this will not be up enough to really make a difference. The devs have already said they will be monitoring for uptime and I trust that they will adjust if they see it's not procing enough.
Well.... we are back to square one.

Even with just a -10% chance to crit on being crit, it would have been perfect for the fecalstorm that is Forts and Keeps. Especially Forts though.

Does no one else realize the danger in basing balance upon a stereotyped image or identity?

Isn't the fun of playing classes in finding new and creative roles/strategies that subvert expectations? Ala Competitive Esports?

@Secrets
Of course it would be crazy. Pretty much everyone saw that yesterday. Everyone laughed at how it was obviously not going to stay.

Doesn't excuse... *this*. Whatever we were left with.

Just put the tactic(s) back as they were before the initial change. Especially moving Mixed Defenses back to where it was. Then we can work on an individual change to make Corruptive Power actually having.. a point?
Last edited by Oglaf on Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nat3s

Post#90 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:38 pm

WARChosen wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:20 pm
Hi folks, Secrets here.
We are going to make the following changes:
Chosen:
-Corruptive Power: Reverted, changed to "Any time you critically hit an enemy, all members of your group within 100 feet, except you, will gain a blessing that reduces their chance to be critically hit by 10% for 5 seconds." This ability can be refreshed by re-activating it, similar to Knight's Dirty Tricks. This ability can be severed from any group members it is applied to.
If i may ask why Corruptive Power work on crit in defensive tree when Demonclaw work on parry in offensive tree ---->????

Hadn't occurred, but that does seem odd. Switching the crit/parry between the tactics seems intuitive.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG