Recent Topics

Ads

RoR SCs Pre-Mades vs Pugs

Let's talk about... everything else
KidCrestHill

RoR SCs Pre-Mades vs Pugs

Post#1 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:19 am

Returned to the game 3+ years ago and I have notice the Qing systems always places Pre-Mades vs Pugs.I can Solo Q for hours on one side hours and get nothing but Pre mades and once I go to the other side I play vs there pre mades that I didn't see while on the other faction.Has anyone esle notice this? And b-4 you say it my guild never Qs for Sc so I an on my own.
Spiritualvoid Chosen RR82
Fhulsa Doom Zealot RR 81
Azalin Magus RR80
Clawbomb Pileon 81
Karrum Slayer RR80
Khilas Ironbreaker RR 80
Reslick Rune Priest RR 76

Ads
agemennon675

Re: RoR SCs Pre-Mades vs Pugs

Post#2 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:45 am

I think everyone experience this, because matchmaking probably opens up a new instance for full party(6man) and fills it with pugs, so if you want faster scenario que make a full party you will get more wins as well or you can que for pug scenario and avoid premades %90
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ysaran

Post#3 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:20 am

it also depends on when you que. there are certain moment in the day that have a higher concentration of premades (like primetime). if you menage to play slightly before/after primetime there are a lot more pug-friendly sc
Zputadenti

anarchypark

Post#4 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:17 am

if matchmaker makes random 2-2-2, do you call it premade ?

system didn't pick you for random 2-2-2 cuz there are tons of solo dps.
who knows how many duo, trio qing.
priority is really low on solo dps.

i would give up guard/heal and play solo cuz qued solo.
or get a grp in /5
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm6, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

baurogg
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:58 pm

SC just do not work in general with this balancing system, imho. They only would work if every class could defeat every other class in theory.

Enjoy oRVR and stay out of SCs.

Vandoles

Post#6 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:25 am

Prob something to do with the way scenarios pop - a group pushes it over the threshold more often and fills it with soloers. It has been stated many times RoR discourages solo play.

Futuro

Post#7 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:44 am

Vandoles wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:25 am It has been stated many times RoR discourages solo play.
A scenario isnt solo play Roaming in open RvR by your self is solo play

Doing a public quest BY yourself is solo play

Trying to do a dungeon by yourself is solo play

A sc is the actual opposite of solo play

Iv mentioned it before but a pre made should be qued up against other pre mades and then if they have been in q for a cretin amount of time and cant find other pre mades then they should be placed against pugs

or just increase the number of pug sc's

Rapzel

Post#8 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:45 am

OT
Spoiler:
baurogg wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:58 pm SC just do not work in general with this balancing system, imho. They only would work if every class could defeat every other class in theory.

Enjoy oRVR and stay out of SCs.
Pretty much every career can defeat every other career given that you use the correct tactics, renown and spec. Just because you can't win scs doesn't mean they don't work, I've seen several people carry their teams on engineers, I also have a friend who reached 1700 solo MMR on his engineer. But it probably feels a lot better blaming how "unbalanced" the game is rather than improving yourself and excel past the pug rabble.
OnT
I almost only queue in 6 man's, and quite often I get matched against other 6 man's if they're queuing, it's a luck of the draw for both sides, for the pugs who get the better 6 man, for the 6 mans who get the better pugs. When I on occasion solo queue I've obviously ran into premades, but they're way less common than people think (except for Saturdays, in the weekend sc because people spam them then, which obviously probably sucks for people in solo queue who just want to finish their weekend sc).
If you want fast pops try looking for friends that try to do the weekend sc as well, you might find a stable core 6 man group that makes the whole experience enjoyable on the end.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#9 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:08 am

When I've played as premade, we played vs other premades mostly.
However look at this from other perspective. If you que as soloQ, you're guaranted to have at least one group of soloQ to fill party, then another party of soloQ or premade. However, there is no guarantee there will be any soloQ on the other side, as matchmaking doesn't care about such things, it just fills instance with people from queque.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#10 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:25 am

Use the ".pug" command to find out whats the pug scenario and queue only this. There are no premades allowed in the pug sc.