Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
agemennon675
Posts: 170

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#61 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:59 pm

Zxul wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:55 pm
agemennon675 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:32 pm
Zxul wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:26 pm


ASW compared to msh speaking aoe you might have the case, however order has wl. But how exactly WH and engies are weaker than WEs and maguses?
I dont have high cr/rr WH/WE Engi/Magus but it simply like this WH/WE have same debuffs/buffs with bullets/kisses bullet only procs on executions while kiss have a chance to proc so you can have more uptime on your debuffs, clearly an advantage if you ask me, WE gets to cleave with aoe tactic WH have to hit a target to proc its aoe(That is what I understand from their aoe tactic) Engi mostly does Physical Dmg While magus do magic which have much lower cap(again not a huge difference but still) And Mdps classes: MSH/Mara/Choppa/WE versus WL/ASW/WH/Slayer ask yourself which side have the advantage at viablity in this comparison in any enviroment: City ? Scenarios ? ORvR ? Ranked 6v6 ?
Not familiar with WH/WE enough, but engi has advantages of its own over magus- engi has aa dmg while magus doesn't, also magus has nothing close to engi's Cannon Smash morale.

However- you said that "if those classes; SW's WH's Engis etc. would be as strong as their mirror classes that wouldnt be the case as you can also see in city siege"- fact is, there are lot more engies then maguses. Why is it so, as if as you say magus is stronger than engi?

Not to mention, back to original point- lot more order than destro play rdps, so there are less tanks/mdps for city wbs. If as you say SW's WH's Engis etc are weaker than their mirror classes, why order are playing them over say kotbs/sms/slayers?
Why they people play said classes ? Because not everyone picks their class because its strongest or meta, that is not how it works, but do you think they should not have a chance to ask for the game to be more balanced regardless of the said class being overpopulated ?

Ads
User avatar
Nameless
Posts: 848

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#62 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:07 pm

there are more engies than maguses by same reason (well one of the reasons) that make destro tanks more represented than orders tanks. It is the damn look. Just floating wizard thingie is not so desirable and popular and many ppl avoid it solely by that reason, on other hand engies looks pretty cool with all the cool design of their armor and shotguns. Phys << Magic damage difference, esp now with more armor values coming from new sets is enough to say that ST specs of maguses is superior vs ST spec of engies
Mostly harmless

User avatar
zakgrin
Posts: 52

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#63 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:10 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:51 pm
zakgrin wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:35 pm
Are there plans to change WL's snare to type damaging, because the only thing that was mirrored here was duration and cooldown unless that wasn't listed in the patch notes? Marauder's snare is uncleansable, which I thought made up for the fact that WLs had a shorter cooldown and longer duration. So in all honesty Debilitate >>> Cleave Limb, when before it was arguably more balanced. Maybe the goal was to give Marauder's a better snare, but the patch notes seem to indicate it is supposed to be a direct copy pasta of all the other mdps snares.
You recently tested it or just read class builder page, because it was mentioned in some patch notes back in time and might be only a tooltip issue.
No I haven't tested it recently, so it could be that they changed it and did not update the tooltip. Do you have a link to those patch notes?
Last edited by zakgrin on Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zakgrin - rr8x Ironbreaker
Knights of Order
Ironbreaker Guide - Suggestions and Feedback always welcome!

Sulorie
Posts: 4928

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#64 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:11 pm

zakgrin wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:10 pm
Sulorie wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:51 pm
zakgrin wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:35 pm
Are there plans to change WL's snare to type damaging, because the only thing that was mirrored here was duration and cooldown unless that wasn't listed in the patch notes? Marauder's snare is uncleansable, which I thought made up for the fact that WLs had a shorter cooldown and longer duration. So in all honesty Debilitate >>> Cleave Limb, when before it was arguably more balanced. Maybe the goal was to give Marauder's a better snare, but the patch notes seem to indicate it is supposed to be a direct copy pasta of all the other mdps snares.
You recently tested it or just read class builder page, because it was mentioned in some patch notes back in time and might be only a tooltip issue.
No I haven't tested it recently, so it could be that they changed it and did not update the tooltip. Do you have a link to those patch notes?
Sadly no, it's years old.
Dying is no option.

User avatar
Acidic
Posts: 1750
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#65 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:43 pm

Interesting patch, interesting to see its effect.

Great to see the reservation fix

Zxul
Posts: 918

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#66 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:46 pm

agemennon675 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:59 pm
Spoiler:
Zxul wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:55 pm
agemennon675 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:32 pm


I dont have high cr/rr WH/WE Engi/Magus but it simply like this WH/WE have same debuffs/buffs with bullets/kisses bullet only procs on executions while kiss have a chance to proc so you can have more uptime on your debuffs, clearly an advantage if you ask me, WE gets to cleave with aoe tactic WH have to hit a target to proc its aoe(That is what I understand from their aoe tactic) Engi mostly does Physical Dmg While magus do magic which have much lower cap(again not a huge difference but still) And Mdps classes: MSH/Mara/Choppa/WE versus WL/ASW/WH/Slayer ask yourself which side have the advantage at viablity in this comparison in any enviroment: City ? Scenarios ? ORvR ? Ranked 6v6 ?
Not familiar with WH/WE enough, but engi has advantages of its own over magus- engi has aa dmg while magus doesn't, also magus has nothing close to engi's Cannon Smash morale.

However- you said that "if those classes; SW's WH's Engis etc. would be as strong as their mirror classes that wouldnt be the case as you can also see in city siege"- fact is, there are lot more engies then maguses. Why is it so, as if as you say magus is stronger than engi?

Not to mention, back to original point- lot more order than destro play rdps, so there are less tanks/mdps for city wbs. If as you say SW's WH's Engis etc are weaker than their mirror classes, why order are playing them over say kotbs/sms/slayers?
Why they people play said classes ? Because not everyone picks their class because its strongest or meta, that is not how it works, but do you think they should not have a chance to ask for the game to be more balanced regardless of the said class being overpopulated ?
What I'm saying is that the issue with city is not that magus/WE is stronger than engi/WH- each has his own advantages, specially magus compared to engi- but that order play too many engies and not enough tanks. Despite kotb/sm being in no way weaker than chosen/bo.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

agemennon675
Posts: 170

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#67 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:54 pm

Zxul wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:46 pm
agemennon675 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:59 pm
Spoiler:
Zxul wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:55 pm


Not familiar with WH/WE enough, but engi has advantages of its own over magus- engi has aa dmg while magus doesn't, also magus has nothing close to engi's Cannon Smash morale.

However- you said that "if those classes; SW's WH's Engis etc. would be as strong as their mirror classes that wouldnt be the case as you can also see in city siege"- fact is, there are lot more engies then maguses. Why is it so, as if as you say magus is stronger than engi?

Not to mention, back to original point- lot more order than destro play rdps, so there are less tanks/mdps for city wbs. If as you say SW's WH's Engis etc are weaker than their mirror classes, why order are playing them over say kotbs/sms/slayers?
Why they people play said classes ? Because not everyone picks their class because its strongest or meta, that is not how it works, but do you think they should not have a chance to ask for the game to be more balanced regardless of the said class being overpopulated ?
What I'm saying is that the issue with city is not that magus/WE is stronger than engi/WH- each has his own advantages, specially magus compared to engi- but that order play too many engies and not enough tanks. Despite kotb/sm being in no way weaker than chosen/bo.
That is correct, but there is also another class difference SH/SW one is very good in a city enviroment other is not which forces players to que for pug which is their only change to get end game gear

User avatar
Sabertooth
Posts: 19

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#68 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:47 pm

There have been too many upheavals on some classes, some have almost completely lost their main characteristics on which a player chose it, the changes that have been made "to give balance" are not good, you cannot make the Destru classes specular to those Order simply because they were not born to be like this, are different from each other and this was its beauty ..... This path that the Devs are taking to constantly change / distort does not lead anywhere, sincerely I'm afraid it also affects the population of the server itself ... Obviously it's a personal opinion, greetings to all

Ads
User avatar
jonspidy
Posts: 85

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#69 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:19 am

Kaelang wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:06 pm
Detangler wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:51 pm
Do my eyes deceive me? Are those White Lion nerfs?!?
One would say balance team suggestions are heard, from time to time ;). *thinking*
Apparently the immunity bypassing choppa pull wasn't. Yet another nerf to order i guess.
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."

User avatar
Kwatchi
Suspended
Posts: 118

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#70 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:47 am

jonspidy wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:19 am
Apparently the immunity bypassing choppa pull wasn't. Yet another nerf to order i guess.
Don’t even bother. Some of us would be willing to lose Rampage just to get rid of that broken Gtdc garbage, but we’re not a forum spamming dps shammy so no one listens to us.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests