Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Levelling an 'Assault' build

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Bladeheart

[SW] Levelling an 'Assault' build

Post#1 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:26 am

Some advice please.

I have a SW that is about to progress from tier 1 to 2 via PvP. Having read various threads here and, through what limited experience such a character has at its level I am inclined to progress it via an 'Assault' build. At tier 3 and 4, the SW can always redesigned if I so wish.

A question I have at this moment concerns the allocation of renown points.
Whilst levelling this SW, would it be more wise to invest in Weapon Skill or Melee Crit Chance?
Some points are being invested in the defensive side for survivability .

If anyone is aware of any links to assault builds they would recommend, that would also be appreciated.

Ads
goetterkomplex

Re: [SW] Levelling an 'Assault' build

Post#2 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:50 am

i'd go Weapon Skill for leveling, because it helps you skirmisher stance when kiting someone and you main assault stance.

jokerspsycho

Post#3 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:42 am

I would do parry. I think with bolster my 24 had 38-40% parry which is huge for melee survivability.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3980,3948

Would go for something like that, picking up sinister assault early on and respeccing out of it later when u can get more core skills. Should require 33 to get that build.

T2-3 as long as you keep ur gear up to date and get some decent green talismans you should be ok. The problem comes from when you get into t4, you become very squishie while not dealing great damage. Most folks say ASW "comes online" at rr70 so keep that in mind.

Bladeheart

Post#4 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:50 pm

Thank you both for the advice and link. :)