Recent Topics

Ads

Issues with current gameplay/grind system and proposed changes

Let's talk about... everything else
Aethilmar

Re: Issues with current gameplay/grind system and proposed changes

Post#11 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:56 am

I agree with the OPs diagnosis of the problem.

On the amusing side, the proposed solution of removing forts is what happened on live and that did not solve the problem. It just made cities a farm fest. I have predicted this will happen multiple times b/c the devs seem intent on repeating history so looking forward to it.

Finally, yes, allowing people to earn their gear progression in multiple ways with some ways being somewhat (but not substantially) faster is a better system especially since they cannot (and never will) make all "end-game" content equally accessible to all players/classes due to the inherent differences.

Or they could get rid of vertical progression. Not gonna happen, but it would also solve the problem.

Ads
wachlarz

Post#12 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:25 am

Or make a npc. U can exchange van med for invader med and this for royal crest. And add some req. like rr80, limit per week etc.

geezereur

Post#13 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:03 am

larsulu wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:46 pm
Toggle wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:37 pm I’m 100% in agreement with your suggestions. I was left sitting in a fort last night (rare for me to be on for one) only to have everyone but a few leave to prepare for city, which I couldn’t participate in due to time constraints. Putting end game gear behind a time gate (3+ hours of playable time in one chunk plus luck that it happens when you’re on) disincentivizes casual players.

I’ve seen Wargrim’s replies to these kinds of posts before, so I’ll go ahead and respond now. It’s not that I don’t want to put in the time to get the gear, it’s that it’s a logistical impossibility for me to do so. I have a job, a family, and I occasionally like to get some sleep. I’m willing and able to put in the time for end game gear, but in different increments. There are 100% skill based PvP games (GW2) where the gear doesn’t matter, and there are games that reward no-lifers with gear that casual players can’t ever hope to attain (Live). What’s wrong with a middle of the road approach?

#RoRcasual
Agree with this system all “pugs “ are out from getting the end game gear, you need a wb and if you play a class which “ is not good for wb “ you are cut it off.
100% agree with this Cities are premade 24 vs pug 24 its the worst thing about this game atm.

toffikx

Post#14 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:53 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:27 pm I guess you are the first to make this kind of suggestion. Add some pictures and spreadsheets and it will be even more convincing.
If you mean invader/royal token farm, i was thinking about it being aquired the way vanquisher is obtained. Same with the token values, just higher because it's actually the end game gear. Invader would cost way less than sovereign. So token drops from players, contribution tokens from zone participation. Bonus rewards from defense of forts and zones before forts. Seeing still too much throwing in the game, boring. Bags would not be obtained from zones as they are already dropping from forts/cities. Rework invader bag rolls so each side share their own loot table. This to motivate people to actually put up a fight. Looser bags would obviously generate less rewards/consist of only token bags.

geezereur wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:03 am 100% agree with this Cities are premade 24 vs pug 24 its the worst thing about this game atm.
Yes, when that happens it's an one hour pugstomp. It feels terrible. When you play an decently organized warband in the rvr lakes, people can atleast try their best to avoid you/change zones. If you stomp people in scenarios, they can atleast que pug sc/que solo ranked/que scenarios like thunder valley. Here people are left out to be farmed with nonthing to do about it. Then there's all the classes that are not warband viable. This is an issue.

Lime

Post#15 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:48 pm

I think some weekly quests would be cool.

Win 25 scenarios: 3 Royal Crests 5 invaders 5 gold

Complete a pve dungeon: 2 Royal crests 1 invader.

Keep other content relevant.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

toffikx

Post#16 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:54 pm

Lime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:48 pm I think some weekly quests would be cool.

Win 25 scenarios: 3 Royal Crests 5 invaders 5 gold

Complete a pve dungeon: 2 Royal crests 1 invader.

Keep other content relevant.
Cool idea.