Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario rules

Let's talk about... everything else
Ghostweed

Scenario rules

Post#1 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:44 pm

I want to tackle a serious problem in nowadays scenarios - AFKers and Farmers. Both of them are a result (imho) of lack of information.

1) AFKers - they wipe and they stand in spawn. They probably dont know the map and the rules of that particular scenario. They dont probably know, that one can win scenario on points from playing objective. Sure, some maps are really bad for stalemate, but I have no idea why they are afk in map like Reikwald or Nordenwatch. Think is, that the scenario rules on loading screen disappear too fast and ppl dont have time to read them - hence they dot now how to play it.

2) Farmers - "premade" which only tactic is to run to enemy spawn, camp and farm dmg (sometimes even kills). So many times I was witness of this behavior. Scenario is in the stalemate (e.g. 12-0) several minutes in as the enemy is not stupid and the "premade" is farming dmg on overhealed tanks (more dmg=more renown?). They refuse to play objective (saying "its the pugs job"). Again, they dont probably know, that they can win much faster (and get medals) if they will play the objective. Not sure if that is a corrupted mindset or just laziness, but I dont get why do I get raged on when Im playing the objective for the win. I assume its the lack of information and knowledge of scenario rules.

TLDR: would be nice if there would be a option to read scenario rules (loading screen is obviously not enough).
Gorrgfang da Shaman & Gokrok da Black Orc

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: Scenario rules

Post#2 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:05 pm

Well idk if I would call sitting in spawn after getting farmed “afking.” Most of the people you are talking about know they won’t be able to get more than 1 emblem out of the scenario and dont want to feed the enemy 5 plus kills. I would really hope everyone knows the rules of nordenwatch by now
Last edited by CountTalabecland on Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ghostweed

Post#3 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:10 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:05 pm Well idk if I would call sitting in spawn after getting farmed “afking.” Most of the people you are talking about know they won’t be able to get more than 1 emblem out of the scenario and dont want to feed the enemy 5 plus kills.
Well one thing is sitting in Serpent Passage spawn after you have been roflstomped in first 60 sec. Not much to do about that.
But sitting in spawn after 2-3 deaths is scenarios like Nordenwatch or Phoenix Gate is just beyond me.

Im well aware of the fact that the veterans (elitists) have a unholy fear of being killed :?

CountTalabecland

Post#4 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:38 pm

Everyone knows the rules by now and everyone knows what a lost cause looks like. Which is like 75% of pug scens, especially for Orders pug set up of 1 tank 1 heal and 10 dps
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ghostweed

Post#5 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:51 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:38 pm Everyone knows the rules by now and everyone knows what a lost cause looks like. Which is like 75% of pug scens, especially for Orders pug set up of 1 tank 1 heal and 10 dps
I don't buy that as it's not true. Dozens of ppl don't know how to play some CTF bomb ones. Also, many are clueless in CTB ones (like crater). Man , even the tug of war Reikwald is witness of confused running and front to front stalemate.

Also there are many newcomers, I would not be so sure about everything (yeah yeah , u have been around for years) like you. Also, what's the problem? I only vouch for more accessible information.

Wiki is outdated, incomplete and I'm still waiting for someone who knows how to play Doomfist crater.