[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
DokB
Legacy RR80
Posts: 483

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#671 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:56 pm

I still have a little hope, devs just aren’t touching any balance issues right now.
Plus there was never any real justification given in the first place which wasn’t refuted/debunked for the THC change. I feel confident if they ever do start looking at it again, they would see sense.

#WishfulThinking
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
User avatar
TenTonHammer
Posts: 3705

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#672 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:10 pm

The justification was
“**** you I can do whatever I want and I can’t be arsed to figure out how to make da big un into a better playstyle defining ability”
~Torq

You Wot to 2H only between it and parry tactics like GWBC that a nice damage and survirablity option for 2H

No requirement for THC

And a buff in range to 30ft and utility for da big un

That’s all we need
Image

User avatar
Collateral
Posts: 1464

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#673 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:47 am

Did you guys ever think about a silly aoe spec? I guess you would have to go for full bl gear for aoe armour debuff, but that would seriously gimp you. I never tried a build really dedicated to that. With bl you would gimp yourself stat wise but the armour debuff would provide you more damage in theory, I just don't know how much exactly. You would probably need a dps zealot as well for double debuff. Now that I think about it, it could be an interesting melee wb with mara spam and 2h bos with dps zealot for arnour debuff xD

Not sure about tactics. I think you would definitely need ap tactic for the big swing spam, that one drains you like a good hooker. Then gabc, gs and syg probably. Never really tried it, but I think the big un tactic is useless. Also the range is pretty meh.

Edit: actually redeye has armour debuff as well, and it's not such a bad set.
Image

Morthalmer
Posts: 1

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#674 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:46 pm

Hi greenskins friends, I need your help cause I'm totally lost with my SnB BO.
This is my 1st Warhammer Online character and I don't know how to specialize it.

Actually, I want to WB so I followed the SnB build shared by DokB. But I don't know which stats prioritize and which morales stats choose.

Moreover, can you advice me which spells to prioritize or the main spells rotation? :(

Thx a lot guys

User avatar
DokB
Legacy RR80
Posts: 483

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#675 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:12 pm

Morthalmer wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:46 pm
Hi greenskins friends, I need your help cause I'm totally lost with my SnB BO.
This is my 1st Warhammer Online character and I don't know how to specialize it.

Actually, I want to WB so I followed the SnB build shared by DokB. But I don't know which stats prioritize and which morales stats choose.

Moreover, can you advice me which spells to prioritize or the main spells rotation? :(

Thx a lot guys
Spoiler:
If you’re SnB and playing WB then prioritize Wounds/Armour/Toughness. You can accomplish these via Talismans or utilising your racial and archetype tactics (I’m Da Biggest for 160 Wounds or Rugged for 160 Toughness).

Get yourself the Winds Impervious jewel set to start out with, these are excellent items which will stay with you for a long time.
Your BiS set up is Vanq, I have found that Invader is only worth it for the 2% block jewel piece but you need to farm the entire Invader set first to buy the jewel. Run Gunbad dungeon to also get yourself Red Eye which is also a very good tank set and if you are lucky enough, you may get the Rough Gunbad Diamond which is another 2% Block jewel (alternatively you can buy the diamond from the AH).

Spell rotation is basically cycling through your plans efficiently with good use of Changing Da Plan and getting off your Best Plan abilities often. Ensure Waaagh + More Choppin Dem is up for your DPS/Healers to benefit from. Skullthumper is how you make people pop so always get that on early in a damage rotation. Use Ya Missed Me on enemy physical DPS such as Slayers/White Lions. Always stick with your guardee and assist off the main assist.

Morales just use what you see fit, but M2 Distracting Bellow/M3 Deafening Bellow/M4 Immaculate Defense are almost always the best things to run.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

kotbsmulher
Posts: 2

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#676 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:11 pm

is dominator better than oppresor for 2h build? what about broodlord? is it worth a shot? and for weapon should i use subjugator or scenario/broodlord one

User avatar
DokB
Legacy RR80
Posts: 483

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#677 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:17 pm

kotbsmulher wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:11 pm
is dominator better than oppresor for 2h build? what about broodlord? is it worth a shot? and for weapon should i use subjugator or scenario/broodlord one
Spoiler:
Dominator is better than Oppressor for the taunt proc alone which is a massive damage increase, plus the stats/procs provided by Oppr. aren't as desirable nor do they perform as well. The biggest issue with Dominator is how squishy you can be.

I haven't tested full Bloodlord yet (missing two pieces) but it's an amazing set which provides all the right stats and bonuses you might want. +Parry, - Reduction in being Crit, +Crit Chance, Reactionary bonus from the 7pc.
Defensively, it is miles above Dominator. Does it beat out the infamous taunt proc though from Dom? I would presume so looking at the stats/procs but I'll leave it to others who have the full set to answer.
The 2h Bloodlord weapon takes quite a chunk out of your armour but the damage increase is quite nice as well as the very nice initiative that is on the weapon. The new 2h Sentinel weapons have also been given a buff with an additional proc which actually makes them quite appealing, especially the reactionary 2h where you could run 2 piece Sentinel (jewel + armor piece) and 6pc Bloodlord for extra strength and still benefit from the reactionary buff at the cost of some crit chance. Crit is always king however for damage.

I would say current BiS set up for 2h BO is
Full Bloodlord
SC Weapon
Sentinel Jewel
Either Winds Impervious or 2pc Genesis/Bloodmoon Jewel
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

User avatar
zzzRevanzzz
Posts: 15

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#678 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:30 pm

Spoiler:
DokB wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:17 pm
kotbsmulher wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:11 pm
is dominator better than oppresor for 2h build? what about broodlord? is it worth a shot? and for weapon should i use subjugator or scenario/broodlord one
Spoiler:
Dominator is better than Oppressor for the taunt proc alone which is a massive damage increase, plus the stats/procs provided by Oppr. aren't as desirable nor do they perform as well. The biggest issue with Dominator is how squishy you can be.

I haven't tested full Bloodlord yet (missing two pieces) but it's an amazing set which provides all the right stats and bonuses you might want. +Parry, - Reduction in being Crit, +Crit Chance, Reactionary bonus from the 7pc.
Defensively, it is miles above Dominator. Does it beat out the infamous taunt proc though from Dom? I would presume so looking at the stats/procs but I'll leave it to others who have the full set to answer.
The 2h Bloodlord weapon takes quite a chunk out of your armour but the damage increase is quite nice as well as the very nice initiative that is on the weapon. The new 2h Sentinel weapons have also been given a buff with an additional proc which actually makes them quite appealing, especially the reactionary 2h where you could run 2 piece Sentinel (jewel + armor piece) and 6pc Bloodlord for extra strength and still benefit from the reactionary buff at the cost of some crit chance. Crit is always king however for damage.

I would say current BiS set up for 2h BO is
Full Bloodlord
SC Weapon
Sentinel Jewel
Either Winds Impervious or 2pc Genesis/Bloodmoon Jewel
What rr, talismans you recommend for full bloodlord 2h? ty
Image

Ads
User avatar
DokB
Legacy RR80
Posts: 483

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#679 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:55 pm

zzzRevanzzz wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:30 pm
Spoiler:
DokB wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:17 pm
kotbsmulher wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:11 pm
is dominator better than oppresor for 2h build? what about broodlord? is it worth a shot? and for weapon should i use subjugator or scenario/broodlord one
Spoiler:
Dominator is better than Oppressor for the taunt proc alone which is a massive damage increase, plus the stats/procs provided by Oppr. aren't as desirable nor do they perform as well. The biggest issue with Dominator is how squishy you can be.

I haven't tested full Bloodlord yet (missing two pieces) but it's an amazing set which provides all the right stats and bonuses you might want. +Parry, - Reduction in being Crit, +Crit Chance, Reactionary bonus from the 7pc.
Defensively, it is miles above Dominator. Does it beat out the infamous taunt proc though from Dom? I would presume so looking at the stats/procs but I'll leave it to others who have the full set to answer.
The 2h Bloodlord weapon takes quite a chunk out of your armour but the damage increase is quite nice as well as the very nice initiative that is on the weapon. The new 2h Sentinel weapons have also been given a buff with an additional proc which actually makes them quite appealing, especially the reactionary 2h where you could run 2 piece Sentinel (jewel + armor piece) and 6pc Bloodlord for extra strength and still benefit from the reactionary buff at the cost of some crit chance. Crit is always king however for damage.

I would say current BiS set up for 2h BO is
Full Bloodlord
SC Weapon
Sentinel Jewel
Either Winds Impervious or 2pc Genesis/Bloodmoon Jewel
What rr, talismans you recommend for full bloodlord 2h? ty
Renown spec for 2H doesn’t vary that much. RR 80 max parry/dodge/disrupt, 3x Futile Strikes then either the last ten points in Initiative or a mix of Opportunist I + some other stats if you are feeling ballsy.

Can’t really say about talisman set up since I haven’t got full yet sorry.
Spoiler:
If I was to guess I’d say just aim towards reaching breakpoints you’re comfortable with (high armour factoring in post-armour debuffs/a decent amount of strength/initiative factoring in initiative debuffs).
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

User avatar
Nefarian78
Posts: 310

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#680 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:16 am

zzzRevanzzz wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:30 pm
What rr, talismans you recommend for full bloodlord 2h? ty

As DokB said, first reach the breakpoints you want to reach. Once you're comfortable with your stats, invest in Ini and Armor.

Speaking from a 6v6 perspective, most order groups run either double Slayer or ASW-WL. Both require high armor and lots initiative to survive.

Even if you're not interested in 6v6, can't go wrong with ini-armor.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests