Recent Topics

Ads

Scenarios and ideas

Let's talk about... everything else
Altheion

Scenarios and ideas

Post#1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:46 am

Right so I've been playing this game for a week nonstop and while that is not a lot of time I've come across what I would like to call game-ruining-mechanics that makes me feel like the game could be a lot better than it currently is in the Scenario department.

The following is my personal opinion and everybody won't agree with it, keep that in mind as you read.

I've grinded SC's now for about a week straight and roughly 10 hours a day give or take a couple of hours and from what I've seen the biggest issue every single day are premade groups on the opposite team (Order and destruction both).

Now what do I not agree with? Well for instance getting stomped is not fun for anybody right? People just trying to level up or just trying to have a good time get thrown into a grinder where they might get about 200xp and 0 reknown at T4.

While people have said "Just sign for .sc's" while I do know this is available it is still a faulty system in my opinion, here's my thoughts right, if premades aren't a thing it would mean that the flow of SC's would be more natural and it would most likely pop more often for everybody that typically don't do premades because more people would be in the "pool" to fill out each SC and populate things on both sides, there has been times where you sit and wait for 30 minutes with no SC pop while premades play their own little game, I've also had the "Just make your own premade" thrown at me but I still don't see how that solves the current problem I have with the game, if I start a premade I'm just adding to the issue the game has where people get excluded and teams because heavily unbalanced in one teams favor, not to mention that the average queue time for .sc is 10 times longer than just queueing for everything, and that at times when you join your team has 7 people that are below level 40 while the other team is full level 40's meaning the game is basically lost before it even began, making SC's 40 only at T4 might actually help a lot as well.

Now my solution to this "problem" would be simple, just remove the ability to join SC's with more than 2 people at once perhaps 3 at the most but I think the golden number would be 2, not being stomped by premades for a week straight would probably make the game much more fun for everybody involved (Apart from the people that likes to run premades instead of actually playing the game at equal terms)

Is this an issue everybody agrees with? Probably not, I've encountred plenty of people that dismiss the issue with the usual "Just make a premade" etc etc, which once again doesn't solve the issue it only adds to it.

This of course is my opinion and feel free to add your own to the discussion, I'm curious to see if I'm the only one that feels this way and I'm also curious to see what people who disagree have to say and how they view things as they are.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Scenarios and ideas

Post#2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:52 am

Great idea! Let's deter the 1 or 2 remaining premades left from playing the game they love, purely because of the heinous crime of playing with other members of their species.

There exists a pug scenario which is exclusively tailored towards solo & duo players: type .pug ingame to find out what it is.

Asking for premades to be banned from scenarios (which, incidentally, are predicated on people playing together - as a team) just beggars belief when: a) the option to make a premade is open to all, b) pug sc exists, and c) facilitating to/further validating solo play is exactly what this game doesn't need; solo play has been catered to a great deal already (at the expense of those nasty premades, I might add).

Foltestik

Post#3 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:01 am

and what about delete posibility to make warband in RvR all this "premade" warband just ruin my solo roam in zone !!!!

Akilinus

Post#4 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:36 am

What if the lack of premades is the problem? The most fun scenarios imo is when 2 premades face each other with 1 pug group each in the team.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#5 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:57 am

This:
Akilinus wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:36 am lack of premades is the problem
There is no reason not to group up in this game, finding 2 dps, 2 heals and 2 tanks, or atleast 1-1-1 trio set up, makes it much, MUCH better. And takes, like 5 minutes of spam in /5 to do. This way heals know you won't run from them or leave them behind, dps are guarded and tanks know who to guard instead of running like headless chickens (if that was not plan from the start).

DanielWinner

Post#6 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:02 pm

I have another idea: force everyone to have a full group outside of a single PUG SC. And current 6v6 SC could be made into Ranked SC or something.
Get me right, I’m a hardcore soloer myself, most of the renown and gear I got was gained by me through a straight PUG SC/SOLO RvR farm. Premades are already punished with boredom of killing pugs, getting longer queues and pretty rare 6v6 pops. And why does this happen? Because soloing/pugging/PvFlag is the way to gear as quickly as possible. All they have is a fun of playing with each other. Don’t take it from them at least.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Altheion

Post#7 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:00 pm

In the end, games should be made with the majority of people in mind and having played SC's like crazy the past week I can say that nobody has said "Yay it's a premade, this will be fun" in chat. How do you expect a game to grow when the first impression you get is 5000 experience and 500 reknown over the period of 5 hours grinding in Tier 4? All because of premade groups.

Manatikik

Post#8 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:04 pm

Altheion wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:00 pm In the end, games should be made with the majority of people in mind and having played SC's like crazy the past week I can say that nobody has said "Yay it's a premade, this will be fun" in chat. How do you expect a game to grow when the first impression you get is 5000 experience and 500 reknown over the period of 5 hours grinding in Tier 4? All because of premade groups.
Idk it’s been a few hours since I’ve said yay it’s a premade group. Granted I pretty much only queue as 6 (/5 and Ana active guild works great for groups btw) so we want to actually fight people.

The more and more I read in here the more I’m starting to suspect people who queue solo don’t actually want to fight people just pve against uncoordinated enemies.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Altheion

Post#9 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:13 pm

Manatikik wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:04 pm
Altheion wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:00 pm In the end, games should be made with the majority of people in mind and having played SC's like crazy the past week I can say that nobody has said "Yay it's a premade, this will be fun" in chat. How do you expect a game to grow when the first impression you get is 5000 experience and 500 reknown over the period of 5 hours grinding in Tier 4? All because of premade groups.
Idk it’s been a few hours since I’ve said yay it’s a premade group. Granted I pretty much only queue as 6 (/5 and Ana active guild works great for groups btw) so we want to actually fight people.

The more and more I read in here the more I’m starting to suspect people who queue solo don’t actually want to fight people just pve against uncoordinated enemies.
I think you're missing the whole point, when you queue solo and you face a premade there will be no actual fight, it's a slaughter where if you're lucky your team gets a single kill or possibly 2 on a good day, how is that fun exactly? If premades weren't a thing the game would automatically balance out a lot more and games would be closer and more fun.

DanielWinner

Post#10 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:15 pm

Manatikik wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:04 pm

And you are right. PVE aka PvFlag is the best way to get renown/emblems. You can out-PvE even a premade group:
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha