Recent Topics

Ads

Broken WB Balance

Let's talk about... everything else
Glorian

Re: Broken WB Balance

Post#61 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:34 am

DanielWinner wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:18 am I’ve heard that ruski Invasion-Beaver alliance would have an RvR event on February 25th. Let’s see how it will go for them.
I could only advise order WBs to stop picking SWs, Engis, WLs and other RvR crap — stick to BWs like everyone advises you. Maybe some slayers for keks.
Other than this it seems like the problem of unbalance lies somewhere among Order, not destro: 1) Refusal of picking right classes/specs aka pug mentality; 2) BW being the most viable pick.
So all of the mentioned points barely fear me when I have to play in RvR on order and definitely don’t provide me instant OPness when I play destro.
Who knows maybe updated balance team will read this and throw order some bones. Or maybe not :shrug:
The OP Points, Mara drain and Zealot endless Knockback are completely irelevant what warband setup you have. The point is not that you get beaten if you a have a lackluster warband, you can't push into a keep with superior numbers even WITH a perfect AoE Warband if there are two endless Knockback Zealots in.

7-8 BWs in your setup and they fly around like pins if hit by the Zealot on any funnel situation. Even if you try to do some wallhugging and drop morals inside through camera angle they will be knocked around through the walls.
Last edited by Glorian on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
mubbl

Post#62 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:35 am

Spoiler:
wonshot wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:06 am
Collateral wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:22 am Morale drain is not really a thing anymore as raga said. You need a decent amount of maras to be super effective
Honestly I disagree.
If the optimized order warband is having atleast 1 bw in each group, and you manage to drain 1 or more of them to a point where their Moral2 is no longer insync with the rest of the Brightwizards, either the moraldrop is weakend enough for it to not do the impact you want out of it, and it becomes outhealable. or your DPS'er will have to hold their morals and wait for the few who got drained, to get back in sync.

Alot of things can happend in this window of time when you have to hold your moraldrop for an extra while.
-If you got a suprice jump on the enemy warband(s) you might lose the suprice factor.
-Your formation can get knocked all over the place
-The enemy line you want to hit, have moved or spread out.
-More BWs are getting drained and a combined drop is no longer an option.

Basicly you lost your window, and possible the win-condition if moraldump is required in for an example, outnumbered situation.

Sure it might not seem very effective when you are the one draining, because you dont see the direct impact in terms of an HP bar moving or any visual indicator like that. but there will be so much more additional presure on the affected targets to up their communication and coordination. simply because you are hitting them with a moral drain. Low effort, with low sence of accomplishment, and a massive impact.

Drains create this odd minigame of morals, with pumps, drains and displacement and granted I think destro still have the upperhand in this whole minigame. I wonder if that is why I dont like drains as a whole and find it borring :roll:
no place for drains anymore in wb cause of omega zerg(eg moral gain AoR/RoR, target cap), other compositions are just better for that kind of scenarios. But for 24 vs 24-48 should be still destro favoured.

xanderous

Post#63 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:36 am

Karast wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:26 am
xanderous wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:56 am So what your saying is because a guild sometimes beats you that the faction they are playing should be nerfed?

Maybe its the organised play and not just about the faction.
Any reply to the main topic? Or are you incapable of that?
That was my point, your just another angry kid claiming his side is weak because certain amount classes posses x/y skills when you have already stated that the crux of why you are losing is to organised play. Maybe the issue is not the faction but the leadership or should i say lack of....
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

bulgy70
Suspended

Post#64 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:37 am

I have point out to you what you asked, and i have told you that both side have to live with it. Please tell me what the counter is to the BW bombing WB, desto can not bomb like order can. So just maybe that is desto count to you bombing and zerging all the time.

As far as i can see, you want order to be able to zerg desto all the time with aoe bombing wb's, and desto should not be able to count it. is that what you are saying?

There are things which order can do which is gaming breaking, i not going to link them on here, i have been waiting for over 3 months to have them fix.

You have things which desto dont have, and would love to have.

Timmitz

Post#65 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:40 am

ragafury wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:05 am
Timmitz wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:02 am

A simple taunt will stop the zealot from knocking people around... And that's only one of the tricks you can use.
Nope. Its a selbuff that drains ap.
I know but I'm not going to give them a fish, trying to teach em to fish themselves.
Timmitz (BO) Pestilentius (Chosen) Chronik (Marauder) Falaria (DoK) Poostainz (Shaman) Eadcheeze (SH) Shroomdeth (Choppa) Geriatricus (WP) Aleguts (Engi) Burnsie (BW)

Karast

Post#66 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:41 am

xanderous wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:36 am
xanderous wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:56 am So what your saying is because a guild sometimes beats you that the faction they are playing should be nerfed?

Maybe its the organised play and not just about the faction.
That was my point, your just another angry kid claiming his side is weak because certain amount classes posses x/y skills when you have already stated that the crux of why you are losing is to organised play. Maybe the issue is not the faction but the leadership or should i say lack of....
I welcome you to come and try. You good sir are a troll. I wish you the best. Have a nice day!

Timmitz

Post#67 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:45 am

DanielWinner wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:18 am I’ve heard that ruski Invasion-Beaver alliance would have an RvR event on February 25th. Let’s see how it will go for them.

I could only advise order WBs to stop picking SWs, Engis, WLs and other RvR crap — stick to BWs like everyone advises you. Maybe some slayers for keks.
Other than this it seems like the problem of unbalance lies somewhere among Order, not destro: 1) Refusal of picking right classes/specs aka pug mentality; 2) BW being the most viable pick.
So all of the mentioned points barely fear me when I have to play in RvR on order and definitely don’t provide me instant OPness when I play destro.

Who knows maybe updated balance team will read this and throw order some bones. Or maybe not :shrug:
Do you agree that a little redistribution of utility between order classes might do good?
Timmitz (BO) Pestilentius (Chosen) Chronik (Marauder) Falaria (DoK) Poostainz (Shaman) Eadcheeze (SH) Shroomdeth (Choppa) Geriatricus (WP) Aleguts (Engi) Burnsie (BW)

xanderous

Post#68 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:45 am

Karast wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:41 am
xanderous wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:36 am

I welcome you to come and try. You good sir are a troll. I wish you the best. Have a nice day!
Try what, lead you into victory??? i'm not the one making a whine thread disguised as a balance post discussion but it does speak to my statement about lack of leadership when you so eagerly went to bass to buck to me...
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
Nidwin

Post#69 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:46 am

1. Give both WL and Slayer that Marauder thing.
2. Give Runepriest a WoI skill, core, and make it a bit superior to the Zealot version.

2'' I'll take care of those WoI Runies on my WE's and my Magus, ez-mode except through walls.

on a side note.
When will we finally get Beastmistress?
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Karast

Post#70 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:47 am

bulgy70 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:37 am I have point out to you what you asked, and i have told you that both side have to live with it. Please tell me what the counter is to the BW bombing WB, desto can not bomb like order can. So just maybe that is desto count to you bombing and zerging all the time.

As far as i can see, you want order to be able to zerg desto all the time with aoe bombing wb's, and desto should not be able to count it. is that what you are saying?

There are things which order can do which is gaming breaking, i not going to link them on here, i have been waiting for over 3 months to have them fix.

You have things which desto dont have, and would love to have.
How convenient you have an example of some equally broken thing on the same level, and yet you cannot post it?

I am calling for balance and focusing on an ability and a tactic that are extremely overpowered in AoE WBs, which are different impacting the faction WB balance, and that need to be addressed. That is it.

You have still yet to answer to the main points. You can't argue an undefendable, immnuity ignoring pulsing aoe punt that hits through walls is balanced. It isn't. You know it isn't. You are smart. You also know having a spammable morale drain on a front line AoE melee is ungodly.