Recent Topics

Ads

Premade and non premade/pug group scenarios.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Tobias26

Re: Premade and non premade/pug group scenarios.

Post#11 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:26 pm

I think this game needs pvp sports like arena in "all know which MMORPG". Win character is given a rating, for loss - is removed. The higher the average rating of the team you win-the more rating you earn; the lower - the less. The higher the rating of the team you lose - the less you lose; the lower - the more. It must be entered first for the standard groups of 6x6 (of course, only premade can participate), later you can do a 3x3 in the same format. Let the prepared groups fight among themselves for a rating which will most objectively show a skill of each player. It is also important that the rating of players can be viewed on the website and in the game for any character you are inspecting. I'm just afraid it's a really hard to make...
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Ads
Nefarian78

Post#12 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:40 pm

Tobias26 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:26 pm I think this game needs pvp sports like arena in "all know which MMORPG". Win character is given a rating, for loss - is removed. The higher the average rating of the team you win-the more rating you earn; the lower - the less. The higher the rating of the team you lose - the less you lose; the lower - the more. It must be entered first for the standard groups of 6x6 (of course, only premade can participate), later you can do a 3x3 in the same format. Let the prepared groups fight among themselves for a rating which will most objectively show a skill of each player. It is also important that the rating of players can be viewed on the website and in the game for any character you are inspecting. I'm just afraid it's a really hard to make...
This server barely breaks 1000 players (When there's an update), of which maybe 20-25 do "competitive" 6v6 and you want to add a ladder system?

The same server where the devs treat anything that isn't zerging in RvR like it's worth absolutely nothing and actively discourage participation in scenarios/dungeons?

Won't change anything and will never happen.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Tobias26

Post#13 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:40 pm This server barely breaks 1000 players (When there's an update), of which maybe 20-25 do "competitive" 6v6 and you want to add a ladder system?

The same server where the devs treat anything that isn't zerging in RvR like it's worth absolutely nothing and actively discourage participation in scenarios/dungeons?

Won't change anything and will never happen.
It's not true. Developers just force players to play a lot of scenarios, the exchange rate of emblems confirms it (all emblems and medallions of the higher rank change 1 to 5 on the lower rank, and only the opressor changes to a conqueror 1 to 1). If for participation in rating fights there will be a worthy award-it will cause big interest.
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Nefarian78

Post#14 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:16 pm

Tobias26 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:15 pm It's not true. Developers just force players to play a lot of scenarios, the exchange rate of emblems confirms it (all emblems and medallions of the higher rank change 1 to 5 on the lower rank, and only the opressor changes to a conqueror 1 to 1). If for participation in rating fights there will be a worthy award-it will cause big interest.
So, in your mind, forcing players to spend months of playtime to get a certain set of gear is fine when you can be the next zergling in RvR and get rewarded for doing absolutely nothing is good? Let's just say that you have an "interesting" way to see things, then.

And no, there's not going to be any interest in a ladder system or good rewards from it since:

1 - 6v6 requires skill and effort, unlike RvR where everything comes down to who gets to a certain morale faster or numbers. I think it's pretty clear what the path of least resistance is between those two.

2 - The dev team stance on scenario is "They're minigames" and "Scenarios don't need the help, time, or attention"

3 - 99% of the guilds/groups that used to run 6v6 have quit, with the exception of maybe 4/5 that are mostly inactive.

4 - People complain all the time when there are ladders, cause they can't accept there's someone better than them at a game.

5 - Competition creates toxicity, it's inevitable. Like it's inevitable that someone will go too far to brag about their rating and get banned, resulting in their whole group quitting which means that 1/3 of the competitive playerbase is gone.

This isn't WoW arena at his prime. I've played WoW at fairly high 3s ratings and to get there it took me years of playing the game and a ton of decent rewards to keep me motivated. Here, we've got neither the interest of the players to spend that much time in this game nor the content to, nor the rewards to encourage such dedication.

FinalTidus21

Post#15 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:56 pm

Maleus - I suggest queueing for that PUG sc so as to avoid the premades. However, due to abnormally low server population (compared to similar MMOs with similar Twitch activity), even when queueing the pug sc you may still keep being queued up against the same people, giving the false impression of a premade. It isn't tho.

People have made rules against players of the same guild splitting their groups into 2 man teams. However, you may watch to see if they do this anyways by de-guilding their alts, re-guilding into whatever random guild name, then queue up with a partner at the same time their friends do so as to secretly squeeze the same guilded friends into the pug scs in the form of "pairs." Sometimes you can hear veterans "kid" about this on streams or in chat in game.

Be thankful at this point that this conversation isn't automatically closed and the closest you get is someone racing to be the first comment to tell you that you're saying the same things dozens and dozens of people have asked for. Moving on, the only way to get them to consider another system, imo, would be to quadruple the amount of players. This server also has a lot of Soviet European Union players on it too, so that splits the population into different times.

Nefarian78 - "Competition creates toxicity, it's inevitable." You know just as well as I do that this gentleman or gentlewoman is not here to be indoctrinated into Communism, or anti-capitalism with a Soviet European twist. That being said, I'm not sure why you decided to use this forum to display your beliefs.

I proposed a better solution when it came to bragging about pixels. I suggested getting rid of the part of the killing blow addon, and part of the tome of knowledge, that tracks and records kills so they can brag all they want but have nothing to show for it, like in real life. It wasn't enjoyed.

Tobias26 - ladder might be interesting with at least 4x the current server population. However, I don't think people being exposed to Warhammer is the only problem. They need to keep the new people here somehow and I've watched a bunch of streamers disappear once they hit T4.

Someone needs to pay a 10k viewer like CohhCarnage to play so we get a lot of exposure. Or, as I have done, send an email to Twitch and ask for an "Emulation Server" category gets added where all other emulated games, like Project 1999, would go. This would give emulated servers more exposure imo.

GL
"We all know shepherds don't like the sheep. They either want to **** them or fleece them... or eat them."

-Christopher Hitchens regarding "free work"

FinalTidus21

Post#16 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:57 pm

Maleus - I suggest queueing for that PUG sc so as to avoid the premades. However, due to abnormally low server population (compared to similar MMOs with similar Twitch activity), even when queueing the pug sc you may still keep being queued up against the same people, giving the false impression of a premade. It isn't tho.

People have made rules against players of the same guild splitting their groups into 2 man teams. However, you may watch to see if they do this anyways by de-guilding their alts, re-guilding into whatever random guild name, then queue up with a partner at the same time their friends do so as to secretly squeeze the same guilded friends into the pug scs in the form of "pairs." Sometimes you can hear veterans "kid" about this on streams or in chat in game.

Be thankful at this point that this conversation isn't automatically closed and the closest you get is someone racing to be the first comment to tell you that you're saying the same things dozens and dozens of people have asked for. Moving on, the only way to get them to consider another system, imo, would be to quadruple the amount of players. This server also has a lot of Soviet European Union players on it too, so that splits the population into different times.

Nefarian78 - I proposed a better solution when it came to bragging about pixels. I suggested getting rid of the part of the killing blow addon, and part of the tome of knowledge, that tracks and records kills so they can brag all they want but have nothing to show for it, like in real life. It wasn't enjoyed.

Tobias26 - ladder might be interesting with at least 4x the current server population. However, I don't think people being exposed to Warhammer is the only problem. They need to keep the new people here somehow and I've watched a bunch of streamers disappear once they hit T4.

Someone needs to pay a 10k viewer like CohhCarnage to play so we get a lot of exposure. Or, as I have done, send an email to Twitch and ask for an "Emulation Server" category to be added where all other emulated games, like Project 1999, would go. This would give emulated servers more exposure on the front page of browsing imo.

GL
Last edited by FinalTidus21 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We all know shepherds don't like the sheep. They either want to **** them or fleece them... or eat them."

TenTonHammer

Post#17 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:00 pm

All i know is that scenarios take long to pop and pug scenario its self is very rare

like this week GoE is very infrequent and im not even playing during NA time

Nefarian78

Post#18 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:00 pm

FinalTidus21 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:56 pm Nefarian78 - "Competition creates toxicity, it's inevitable." You know just as well as I do that this gentleman or gentlewoman is not here to be indoctrinated into Communism, or anti-capitalism with a Soviet European twist. That being said, I'm not sure why you decided to use this forum to display your beliefs.
I don't think you've quite understood that part...

Ads
FinalTidus21

Post#19 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:01 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:00 pm
FinalTidus21 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:56 pm Nefarian78 - "Competition creates toxicity, it's inevitable." You know just as well as I do that this gentleman or gentlewoman is not here to be indoctrinated into Communism, or anti-capitalism with a Soviet European twist. That being said, I'm not sure why you decided to use this forum to display your beliefs.
I don't think you've quite understood that part...
Then I'll delete my comment.

Tobias26

Post#20 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:25 pm

FinalTidus21 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:57 pm

GL
I agree that the current online will not allow stable play 6x6 without a long wait. However, given the overall orientation of the game pvp - online 700 people pvp players is something like online 5-7k players in WoW. Therefore, for stable proks 3x3 it is more than enough, only need to establish a system and interest people. Well, of course, first need the desire and ability of the developers.
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70