Recent Topics

Ads

Bolstering looks stupid now

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
Ugle
Posts: 523

Re: Bolstering looks stupid now

Post#41 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:40 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:25 pm
You guys should been around when PVP servers were a thing.
No bolsters, always RVR flagged, 20 lvls wide tiers.
Started playing retail game on Eltharion, so yeah.

The fact that pvp servers died first ( or second after rp-pvp servers :D) speaks volumes of Mythics implementation. :)
Ugle - SW | Amoebas - AM | Amoeba - SM
Gief - SH | Sidathex - WE | Pnzr - BO | Uglegutt - SQH
Inactive

Ads
User avatar
Wam
Legacy RR80
Posts: 657

Re: Bolstering looks stupid now

Post#42 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:42 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:25 pm
You guys should been around when PVP servers were a thing.
No bolsters, always RVR flagged, 20 lvls wide tiers.
but what i could i complain about and blame when the lvl 20 kills my lvl 40 sovereign :D
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

User avatar
roadkillrobin
Posts: 2760

Re: Bolstering looks stupid now

Post#43 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Ugle wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:40 pm
roadkillrobin wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:25 pm
You guys should been around when PVP servers were a thing.
No bolsters, always RVR flagged, 20 lvls wide tiers.
Started playing retail game on Eltharion, so yeah.

The fact that pvp servers died first ( or second after rp-pvp servers :D) speaks volumes of Mythics implementation. :)
Nah was never an issue really. People joined warbands and groups instead of runnting around solo, it was kinda the whole idea behind it. It made PQ's a place of ganking wich drew groups to kill the gankers at the PQ whick lead to warbands invading the PQ to kill the group. The RVR servers died first coz of casual MMO players didn't like getting ganked when doin quests. The inital buzz of the game ,"the WoW killer", drew moastly PVE focused people and having people spread out while population dropping was the issue, not the RVR server rules themself.
Image

User avatar
peterthepan3
Posts: 6509

Re: Bolstering looks stupid now

Post#44 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:12 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:02 pm
The RVR servers died first coz of casual MMO players didn't like getting ganked when doin quests.

Pretty much this. Eltharion was the first server I played on, and a large draw for me was being able to go around the whole world and hunt for enemies. Carebears tend to get their way, though :x
Image

User avatar
Ugle
Posts: 523

Re: Bolstering looks stupid now

Post#45 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:13 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:02 pm
Ugle wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:40 pm
roadkillrobin wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:25 pm
You guys should been around when PVP servers were a thing.
No bolsters, always RVR flagged, 20 lvls wide tiers.
Started playing retail game on Eltharion, so yeah.

The fact that pvp servers died first ( or second after rp-pvp servers :D) speaks volumes of Mythics implementation. :)
Nah was never an issue really. People joined warbands and groups instead of runnting around solo, it was kinda the whole idea behind it. It made PQ's a place of ganking wich drew groups to kill the gankers at the PQ whick lead to warbands invading the PQ to kill the group. The RVR servers died first coz of casual MMO players didn't like getting ganked when doin quests. The inital buzz of the game ,"the WoW killer", drew moastly PVE focused people and having people spread out while population dropping was the issue, not the RVR server rules themself.
Ok.

I remember groups of r20 twinks ganking new players in starting area. That probably didnt contribute at all to killing the servers.

Loved fighting players at the pqs myself.
Ugle - SW | Amoebas - AM | Amoeba - SM
Gief - SH | Sidathex - WE | Pnzr - BO | Uglegutt - SQH
Inactive

User avatar
Darks63
Posts: 542

Re: Bolstering looks stupid now

Post#46 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:39 pm

Ugle wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:13 pm
roadkillrobin wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:02 pm
Ugle wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:40 pm


Started playing retail game on Eltharion, so yeah.

The fact that pvp servers died first ( or second after rp-pvp servers :D) speaks volumes of Mythics implementation. :)
Nah was never an issue really. People joined warbands and groups instead of runnting around solo, it was kinda the whole idea behind it. It made PQ's a place of ganking wich drew groups to kill the gankers at the PQ whick lead to warbands invading the PQ to kill the group. The RVR servers died first coz of casual MMO players didn't like getting ganked when doin quests. The inital buzz of the game ,"the WoW killer", drew moastly PVE focused people and having people spread out while population dropping was the issue, not the RVR server rules themself.
Ok.

I remember groups of r20 twinks ganking new players in starting area. That probably didnt contribute at all to killing the servers.

Loved fighting players at the pqs myself.
Rhuin on dark crag camped the greenskin starting area with 2 warbands during the choppas launch.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

User avatar
OldPlayer
Game Master
Posts: 859

Re: Bolstering looks stupid now

Post#47 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:18 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:12 pm
Pretty much this. Eltharion was the first server I played on, and a large draw for me was being able to go around the whole world and hunt for enemies. Carebears tend to get their way, though :x
Exactly my feelings. Less bonuses for carebear premades, more for soloers.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

User avatar
zgolec
Suspended
Posts: 562

Re: Bolstering looks stupid now

Post#48 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 pm

mikke wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:03 am
Sometimes bolstered low lvl is harder to fight than some high lvl good geared. Bolstering gives good boosts of armor, wounds etc. But what get high lvl toon as reward for the victory? Nothing, 20 r. It is realy stupid.
It always was like that.

With 48 bolstered 26 lvl WL on old guardian specced i was more deadlier then with bis gear ;p
All you gotta know is how to stack proper stuff.

Suck it up and play.

Ads
Dammy095
Posts: 371

Re: Bolstering looks stupid now

Post#49 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:32 pm

i have literally farmed 60+ rr WEs on my 29 lvl WH, but when i leveled up to 32 thats different story

User avatar
Aethilmar
Posts: 223

Re: Bolstering looks stupid now

Post#50 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:50 pm

DanielWinner wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 am
So what’s the issue?
Bolstering is too strong?
Renown gain from low level is too low?
You want to whine cause some WH/WE cucked you in lakes? Or it was Shammy/AM?
Someone got killed by a bolstered toon?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boomie82, Namatzhima, Teky and 58 guests