it is good to finally read the truth

to the future

Ads
zarh

Re: ROR DIARY : RESTRUCTURATION.

Post#32 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Tesq wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:16 pm
Glorian wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:10 pm
Tesq wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:02 pm ...
Torque didnt get punished at all, he did not lost anything worth so what was hia punishment?
Torque lost most of his ingame powers:
R&D will no longer communicate with the Community.
R&D will no longer have GM Powers.
That means R&D can't talk unblockable to Destro or Order Chars, can't send someone to the moon, can't ban someone.
R&D can't teleport on live server.
And you can set R&D to ignore if you like.
Punishing also mean he got hit by something which hurt, that prerogative restriction are not a real punishment. It's just what happen when internal organization being restructured..

Look i'm not doing a which hunt here, not saying he must be punished at all cost but the talk about aza being bad and torque being punishes enough is not correct imo. I want to put some realism here aza should be re introdices and every one should do just what they suppose to do and rest be deal by yali according to it. End of drama and good work put up again.

And a final note it should be stop to lie to us about balance section , that was a whole team lie to the comunity. Put that at use or close it and leave only suggestiona open. We prefer being less important that being lied upon how much we are (while we aren't).
hmm how to introdices a guys leave and blacklisted the owner and team .... he dont want to come back i think .... so why you want to introduce someone dont want anymore part of project ... ? can you explain ?

JeffersonAirplane

Post#33 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:28 pm

All aboard the feel train.
What are your thoughts about introducing rotation mechanism for the roles that control and enforce violence(GMs and Moderatiors i believe). Some kind of election system once every certain period of time will provide opportunity for the community to express its content and discontent. And strip of power those who abuse it. Think it can boost the trust, provided members of the community are interested and there will be candidates willing to perform these tasks.

e: mistakes
Last edited by JeffersonAirplane on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tesq

Post#34 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:32 pm

zarh wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:28 pm]

hmm how to introdices a guys leave and blacklisted the owner and team .... he dont want to come back i think .... so why you want to introduce someone dont want anymore part of project ... ? can you explain ?
That was my entire point, what he want as a person is not the same as doing what best for the project. Objective issues vs subjective ones.

zarh

Post#35 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Tesq wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:32 pm
zarh wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:28 pm]

That was my entire point, what he want as a person is not the same as doing what best for the project. Objective issues vs subjective ones.
i think the best it to find new guys, with this news rules, dont waste time with someone dont respect the work and ppl working on it ...
they will do it again and again by different ways ...

zarh

Post#36 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:43 pm

Ho about Appo server sorry but its suck play with 200ping or more when you are from EU country ...
it was easy to know just asked on discord and they promise you the moon .. dont worry we will open one in East side of USA .....
EU guys try the appo coming back to RoR..

wonshot

Post#37 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:46 pm

These seem like positive changes and have reinstated a little bit of the lost "trust" going forward. However I think Danielle raised the best question, and would love to hear it answered.

Shame about Aza though, and the way it all played out. But we are still left with the feeling that this was the only way he could have gotten through, for these important changes and this debate to actually matter.

That being said, and moving forward. I look forward to playing RoR and see how the RoR-Team and new structure will work out.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Grock

Post#38 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:55 pm

I only hope that you guys can put feeling and emotions aside and focus on what is the best for the development of the game.
And hopefully this will finally initiate a change to properly treat the community as a valuable and indispensable asset of this whole project.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
ToXoS

Post#39 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:05 pm

I've never lost faith in RoR team or in the project itself.
Not gonna start today :D

Telen
Suspended

Post#40 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Its quite clear that they were hoping this Q&A was going to be beneficial and were completely blindsided by what it turned into. If as is made out that Torque and Wargrimnir are manipulating the rest of the team to abuse players then why was Wargrimnir supporting the Q&A and shutting down Torques objections to it. I think thats why Wargrimnir came across so angry in the Q&A as it made him look naive as Torque had said this was what would happen.
Personally I found the Q&A really distasteful even with my support of Aza's work on the game and quitting playing for 6 months after the disrupt and dot changes that Torque put through, but that Q&A was so misleading. I hope Az stops listening to those that were likely cheering him on as those same people would turn on him if he had made changes that affected them.