Recent Topics

Ads

Nerfed buttons problem

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.

Moderators: Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Telperien
Posts: 548

Re: Nerfed buttons problem

Post#11 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:22 am

Those who use NB don't realise it cripple their DPS on RoR server. NB internal GCD is still same as was on WAR, but actual GCD is 1.2s. effect is you need to wait 1.5s to cast next spell in sequence (skill chain). Before I was referring to classes with few skills with similar effect and CDs that can be used on engi/Magus, like dots.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Ads
mogt
Legacy RR80
Posts: 363

Re: Nerfed buttons problem

Post#12 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:44 am

i hope the devs, can blacklisted this addon anyone, i hope that,

User avatar
Ryzom
Posts: 224

Re: Nerfed buttons problem

Post#13 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:01 am

go die in hell with your NB :)
Ni dieu ni maître

Skoll888
Posts: 2

Re: Nerfed buttons problem

Post#14 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:25 am

In my eyes NB is cheat If i loose a Fight i want IT
because the Player is better and not to get ownd by a addon :)

User avatar
Mykomark
Posts: 27

Re: Nerfed buttons problem

Post#15 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:31 am

Yea I hate NB too. We should make a voting or etc. to ban or not to ban NB.

Dabbart
Posts: 1970

Re: Nerfed buttons problem

Post#16 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:45 am

Skoll888 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:25 am
In my eyes NB is cheat If i loose a Fight i want IT
because the Player is better and not to get ownd by a addon :)
^^^ this guy sat on his forum account for 2 years, only broke silence to **** on NB...

NB does nothing you can't do with another addon. There are a bunch of cast sequence addons you can configure, and Enemies Click Cast can do basically the same damn thing! Nothing NB lets you do is "cheating". It simply condenses the number of hotkeys one needs(generally). Enemy markers on the other hand, straight up lets you watch enemies try to flank you from well out of Draw range(not to mention all the amazing group UI trackers), buffhead tracks CDs on enemies you're not currently targeting.... These are not something you can accomplish without the addons. But since they are so easily preset and loaded, and then not touched or configured again, people forget about these... Same with Xrealming, chat spies, WLs, Destro Bias, and 2 weeks, NB has become a meme on this server... Even worse that people actually believe NB lets you do things you can't normally do, and thereby actually earn the title of "cheat"... There might be 3 Conditions that are "broken", but by using them you are all but guaranteeing that NB will break on you at some point(as pointed out previously in this thread, most NB users keep extra hotkey for abilities "hidden" inside their NB rotations for when they need it OUT of rotation or when NB breaks on you), right when you really need it to work.


Now, if your argument was to remove ALL addons, then I would argue against it just as hard, but at least that would make sense. Breaking NB and leaving every other addon(if that was even possible to accomplish), wouldn't suddenly make certain players suck and "level the playing field".

mogt
Legacy RR80
Posts: 363

Re: Nerfed buttons problem

Post#17 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:48 am

NB is in my eyes cheat, because you can configure strings, and that is cheat. but we dont need a voting, the devs wrote earlier, if they can remove/disable NB technilly, they do that

User avatar
Lileldys
Posts: 622

Re: Nerfed buttons problem

Post#18 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:23 am

Dabbart wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:45 am
Skoll888 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:25 am
In my eyes NB is cheat If i loose a Fight i want IT
because the Player is better and not to get ownd by a addon :)
^^^ this guy sat on his forum account for 2 years, only broke silence to **** on NB...

NB does nothing you can't do with another addon. There are a bunch of cast sequence addons you can configure, and Enemies Click Cast can do basically the same damn thing! Nothing NB lets you do is "cheating". It simply condenses the number of hotkeys one needs(generally). Enemy markers on the other hand, straight up lets you watch enemies try to flank you from well out of Draw range(not to mention all the amazing group UI trackers), buffhead tracks CDs on enemies you're not currently targeting.... These are not something you can accomplish without the addons. But since they are so easily preset and loaded, and then not touched or configured again, people forget about these... Same with Xrealming, chat spies, WLs, Destro Bias, and 2 weeks, NB has become a meme on this server... Even worse that people actually believe NB lets you do things you can't normally do, and thereby actually earn the title of "cheat"... There might be 3 Conditions that are "broken", but by using them you are all but guaranteeing that NB will break on you at some point(as pointed out previously in this thread, most NB users keep extra hotkey for abilities "hidden" inside their NB rotations for when they need it OUT of rotation or when NB breaks on you), right when you really need it to work.


Now, if your argument was to remove ALL addons, then I would argue against it just as hard, but at least that would make sense. Breaking NB and leaving every other addon(if that was even possible to accomplish), wouldn't suddenly make certain players suck and "level the playing field".
The issue is Buffhead only gives you visual information and you have to make the choices. Nerfed buttons decides for you. Thats the issue with this addon.
Isn't there an addon called "Cast Sequence" or something, that will stack the skills on buttons, and minus the conditional checks.
Who Cares? - Pjsalt

Ads
User avatar
Arbich
Posts: 527

Re: Nerfed buttons problem

Post#19 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:27 am

Dabbart wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:45 am
Skoll888 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:25 am
In my eyes NB is cheat If i loose a Fight i want IT
because the Player is better and not to get ownd by a addon :)
^^^ this guy sat on his forum account for 2 years, only broke silence to **** on NB...

NB does nothing you can't do with another addon. There are a bunch of cast sequence addons you can configure, and Enemies Click Cast can do basically the same damn thing! Nothing NB lets you do is "cheating". It simply condenses the number of hotkeys one needs(generally). Enemy markers on the other hand, straight up lets you watch enemies try to flank you from well out of Draw range(not to mention all the amazing group UI trackers), buffhead tracks CDs on enemies you're not currently targeting.... These are not something you can accomplish without the addons. But since they are so easily preset and loaded, and then not touched or configured again, people forget about these... Same with Xrealming, chat spies, WLs, Destro Bias, and 2 weeks, NB has become a meme on this server... Even worse that people actually believe NB lets you do things you can't normally do, and thereby actually earn the title of "cheat"... There might be 3 Conditions that are "broken", but by using them you are all but guaranteeing that NB will break on you at some point(as pointed out previously in this thread, most NB users keep extra hotkey for abilities "hidden" inside their NB rotations for when they need it OUT of rotation or when NB breaks on you), right when you really need it to work.


Now, if your argument was to remove ALL addons, then I would argue against it just as hard, but at least that would make sense. Breaking NB and leaving every other addon(if that was even possible to accomplish), wouldn't suddenly make certain players suck and "level the playing field".
The addons you mention provide you with information. NB processed informations for you, or am I wrong? Thats the difference.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Dabbart
Posts: 1970

Re: Nerfed buttons problem

Post#20 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:35 am

I mean, seriously... Everything else being equal, the difference between a 6man using Enemy and Buffhead vs a 6man that is not is HUGE. The difference between NB users and non, is negligable. The NB users don't have access to information non-users pysically can't access. NB doesn't let you avoid any GcD or positional check. I understand people are viciously against it, but just repeating that it is cheating because of strings is... Ignorant.

Go check out Enemy. Go to configuration, and Unit Frames. Go fiddle around with the Click Casting, and tell me that isn't the same damn thing. I can configure it to cast different spells on each Click (Rclick, Lclick, Middle Mouse, and Shift+, Alt+, Ctrl+) with a different spell for each class type(tank/DPS/healer) or for all types except for that one... Enemy decides for you what you cast with each click, depending on whom you are clicking on. All preconfigured. I feel sure with some digging you could add some basic work-arounds to function as conditionals as well.

You don't even need to cast the spell. Just click target the person twice and Enemy will cast the spell you want. Set the spells you constantly cast on allies to Click Cast, and you can remove them from your action bar entirely!

But configuring a string with NB is cheating... What string? Please, tell me. What particular string is "cheating"? The only 2 I have any issue with is the conditional for facing Rear of the enemy. But, having tried to make this work on my WH way back in the day, I can tell you that it quite often just leads to you not getting any attack off, and Bunny Hopping. Bhopping is cancer on a server with the latency issues and teleporting that this one does. The others; Stacking for HoTs/DoTs, HP levels, Mechanic/stance, Virtual Cooldown, etc none of these provide you with anything broken. They just help to avoid utilizing 40+ hotkeys...

And as Lileldys said, NB makes the decision for you based on how you built it. The difference between building a cast rotation and pressing 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, vs pressing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, aint that different. It's the same number of abilities in the same amount of time(or less if NB decides to bug out). But seeing when every enemy around you loses their CC immunities is HUGE. And even with cast sequence you can still build Macro's to do basically the same thing... I'm not a Macro expert by any means, but I know you didn't even technically need NB during live to build an attack sequence.

Question to players who don't use NB or cast sequence, or anything similar... How many HotKeys for Potions/class buffs do you have? I have 2 AP pots, 2 health pots, 1 absorp pot, 2 armor pots(blue and green), stat pot, liniment pot +AM/Sham resis buff. That's 10 keys I am able to condense to 5. It's about functionality and QoL, not "cheating". This game has a GcD that provides plenty of time between abilities to determine the next correct action to take, NB doesn't increase the amount of abilities you can use in a given time frame, and if you build long strings then it will quite often NOT do what you actually want to do in that particular situation...


Edit: I should say though, that NB and similar addons make it far easier to Bot with than without. And NB basically enabled Multi-boxing to grow to the lvl it was on Live. But targetting Macro's and tying a few abilities together can be accomplished w/o these addons, so it's not like removing NB will end all Botting/cheating.

However, Yes. NB can directly be used to Cheat via Botting. But, it is the botting that is the cheating, but the NB usage...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests