Ads

SM spirit debuff

Let's talk about... everything else
Collateral

Re: SM spirit debuff

Post#51 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:30 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:
Collateral wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Oh wow, now they want to nerf SM dmg forgetting that: a) dominator 5th piece is needed for huge damage, so bis gear; b) a well played BO like dalgri or xarrox can dish out just as much damage (loudmouth ftw).

The damage in full dom IS huge, but it should be. Make wods have a 5 second cd , which would allow good groups to interrupt and apply 5 sec cd debuff, and gg.
No one here said they want to nerf SM, or I didn't see it at least. Double resist debuff was always a bit controversial considering how the majority of people think stacking in the game works. But so many things are weird when it comes to stacking that it doesn't really surprise me.
maybe they should stop getting offended and actually learn how it works
Idk how a majority of players can do that. They barely go on the forums and don't read anything. So I don't really see it happening any time soon.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#52 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:47 pm

The question would be also this, considering SM has potent spirit debuff from WoH, why does the class deserve a special snowflake resis debuff that stacks with every single other resis debuff that Order as a faction has in their arsenal of debuffs?
Consider it also from other balance PoV: why does BW get access to easily achievable resis debuffing from Kotb+SM stack that lowers enemy resis somewhere around 500-600 at best, yet Sorc/Magus/shaman/zealot as Destro magical casters have no similar easily achievable resis debuffing?

szejoza

Post#53 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:55 pm

cause there are n 100% mirrors in this game?
Spoiler:

trebla
Banned

Post#54 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:09 pm

im pretty sure magus pet debuff stacks with chosen aura. shaman debuff easily reaches 300+ with points and slows ontop of that. zealot has morale that destroys all resist. and stack chosen. Please stop trying to get a class nerfed due to your lack of wanting to counter it.
running both HB and Woh when not almost all way up hoeth is a joke. 2 hand SM run when they want to see some decent number and only around 1 skill ED. The class forgoes tankiness to go dps. its a trade off the class isnt super dps and tanky outside WOD that drains ap.
If you have a problem with one class ability that isnt even meta or any proof of it being abused in wb play then stop soloing. Again complaining with no proof that this is game breaking or exploited asking for nerfs outside balance forum? This one of the classes that is in a stable place making changes to core mechanic can destroy the class.

Aurandilaz

Post#55 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:18 pm

trebla wrote: isnt even meta
Order running groups with SM is about as meta as it gets now :)

freshour
Banned

Post#56 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:25 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:
trebla wrote: isnt even meta
Order running groups with SM is about as meta as it gets now :)
You can't say things like this because everyone always comes back with something along these lines...

"marauder"

Collateral

Post#57 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 pm

trebla wrote:The class forgoes tankiness to go dps. its a trade off the class isnt super dps and tanky outside WOD that drains ap.
If you have a problem with one class ability that isnt even meta or any proof of it being abused in wb play then stop soloing. Again complaining with no proof that this is game breaking or exploited asking for nerfs outside balance forum? This one of the classes that is in a stable place making changes to core mechanic can destroy the class.
You really think SM is not relatively tanky while going 2h? I doubt spamming wods is a problem in proper groups that can feed you ap. And consider for a second how only one ability can make you tanky enough to survive heavy burst.

In wb play HB is pretty much the only thing I use. Just spam woh and debuff everything, it's insanely good. Get 6+ bws in a wb and it's almost always gg for destro. This is really not a small thing. Bw being as powerful as it is, and now with DF aura nerf, stacking those resist debuffs and spamming aoe is an absolute no brainer ez mode cheese. No one said this is 'game breaking', but it's certainly nothing to sneeze at either.

Bozzax

Post#58 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:39 am

Penril wrote:I remember dueling a lot on live against good SMs (on my BO) and the only way to beat them was trying to counter their spirit debuff. I used Don't bother me None! and Da Greenest! tactic, which stacked.

Just looked at all destro classes, and 8 out of 12 have tactics that increase Spirit Resist:

- Alignment of Nagaroth (all Dark Elves)
- Don't bother me none! and Too smart for that! (Greenskins)

If double spirit debuff is that strong, can't you use these tactics and have a BO run Da Greenest! to counter their damage? And I guess only if you see like 10 SMs, cause the other Order classes don't do much Spirit damage anyway (WP, a few WH skills, and that's it?).

* edit: right, how could I forget DPS AMs. And WL too I guess, though as was mentioned, seems like no WL uses that tactic.
Yep they stacked one being a morale and one being ability. It makes 100% sense to use both in duels vs spirit based SMs.

Is it proof SM had x2 debuffs on live hardly since it resists are softcapped but counts in full vs debuff(s). (Even the gain above softcap is guuud in duels vs SM. Using a spirit resist potion on top of green and morale resists makes sense as well in duels vs SMs)

Sidenote: Personally I recall droping all my armor tallies and go full tou after an encounter w Pestavino (SM)
Last edited by Bozzax on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Bozzax

Post#59 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:42 am

I actually think giving BG an aoe corp debuff that stack on FH would be much more fun then neefing SM
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

szejoza

Post#60 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:57 am

Got a problim, go to balance forums. Imo this thread is straying way too far and the question of the OP has been answered already :D
Spoiler: