Recent Topics

Ads

Using scenarios to level

Let's talk about... everything else
mekal

Using scenarios to level

Post#1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:07 am

Hey guys quick question i plan on returning to war for the first time since live so question is are the lower tiers populated if so how are the scenario queue times i plan on leveling almost exclusively through pvp as i abhor pve in mmo games

Ads
Dalgrimar

Re: Using scenarios to level

Post#2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:09 am

Last time i was in the lower tiers the sc pops where kinda bad.
Not sure how it is now.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

dansari

Post#3 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Depends on which time zone you're in. I think if you're in EU it's much better than NA primetime. That being said, there are some recent threads on this topic you should be able to find that will give you detailed info about how people leveled up through T2-T3.
<Salt Factory>

ystrion

Post#4 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:46 pm

I'm in EU and they spawn really frequently, but if you intend on playing destruction you won't be able to level this way, i haven't been even close to win one since i started, we get steamrolled every time and lose 500 to less than 100 every time, so we get close to no xp

obuw

Post#5 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:40 pm

ystrion wrote:I'm in EU and they spawn really frequently, but if you intend on playing destruction you won't be able to level this way, i haven't been even close to win one since i started, we get steamrolled every time and lose 500 to less than 100 every time, so we get close to no xp
Pretty much this. There is a severe order overpop going on, which means they win 99% of all sc's with a landslide at lower tiers. As destruction you get near-instant sc pops but often walk away with less xp than you'd get from killing a single mob. As order you get very long queue times so you kinda need to pve in between, or watch tv or something.

It becomes much more balanced in T4, but getting there just with scenarios would be a very painful experience.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:00 pm

Its super timeframe dependent. Last night, it was 70% destro to 30% order in t1 when I was playing an alt. The weekends are usually a good time to level alts thru pvp, since more people are on. T1 always has some people, but t2/3 can be pretty dead during NA primetime.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

mekal

Post#7 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:57 pm

thanks for the info gents i appreciate it kind of disappointing to hear but guess i have to "pay my dues" by trudging through some pve hehe anyways hope to see you on the battlefield

Kobra
Suspended

Post#8 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:23 pm

SC pops can be bad T1, T2/T3 depending on time zone.. REAL bad in some cases. (1-2 hours I found in some cases)

Best advice I can give;

Grind out of T1 in PVE or get powerleveled out in a couple hours.
Fast Grind T2/T3, usually with BO Guards, etc. (couple more hours)
Hit Level 28, go farm Ruin. That should get you 31. (Several hours)
Do all of the epic quests and tomes to gear up. (A few hours)
Ruin+Epics+Tomes = Good to go in T4, start queuing up then and enter RVR and have some good times.

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#9 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:30 pm

I suggest at least doing some rvr in the lower tiers. Hitting t4 at super low rr will suck for a number of reasons.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Dresden
Banned

Post#10 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:50 pm

Kobra wrote:Do all of the epic quests and tomes to gear up. (A few hours)
Ruin+Epics+Tomes = Good to go in T4, start queuing up then and enter RVR and have some good times.
tomes? i don't get the reference, whaddya mean?
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q