Recent Topics

Ads

Battle Fatigue

Let's talk about... everything else
Eathisword

Re: Battle Fatigue

Post#111 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:43 am

Luth wrote:Yes, one-liners won't change anything. Else we would see orcs riding around on unicorns already.
That would be cool: Orcs deserve some magic in their lives too...

Otherwise, the death-tax is alright. No one will care in 2 weeks time. Paying for something that was free sucks, but soon enough, we forget it was ever free.

In the long run, it might even prevent +24 strength talis to sell for 1k gold and some potions to sell for 200g a stack. Which is a good thing, as the commies would say.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
7rere7

Post#112 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:57 am

I looked but didn't see one but I hope there's a battle fatigue healer in the keeps !

Gachimuchi

Post#113 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:44 am

A money sink was definitely needed... but I don't think this was the best way to go about doing it... and will be ineffectual until gold finally gets wiped. In which case it would work okay.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

ursvamp

Post#114 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:50 am

I honestly can not understand why.
Reduce the cost and time it gets to a tiny amount, which is the need to have it then?
and for those playing in groups of 3/6 or more, i.e., premades, as will always be much less affected than people playing solo.

We already have: Mounts, build reset, AH, Siege weapons, Professions; you can increase the power of these same sink or create new ones, such as cosmetics items. then catch a whole pvp system in that silly sink that will affect everyone by and not even have one convincing reason seems to me quite wrong.

Thelen

Post#115 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:52 am

Until the AH starts getting taxed, you aren't fixing the prices of things with stuff like this, IMO.

Nekkma

Post#116 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:18 am

It baffles me how people can be broke in this game and why it seems to matter so much. The only thing gold was ever needed for on live was buying 24/180 talis, sandstorm stuff and the lotd cloaks. if you cant afford the best talismans just buy 1-2 statpoints below as those are often just a few gold.

My very simple guide to becoming self sufficient:
1. You main should be cultivating/apothecary.
2. Create a salvager/talisman maker alt. This can be level 1. For bonus level the alt in rvr only to get all influence rewards to salvage for purple wounds fragments.
3. Yor first real alt should be a butcher and leveld to at least 35 to once in a while farm armor pot mats.
4. Second alt is scavenger (should be rank 40) for fragments and curios. This step is optional as it requires som farming.
5. All other alts - immediatly start cultivating.
5. Profit.

With this setup you are completely self sufficient when it come to potions, with minimal farming of mats for armor pots. This means that you will not spend any gold on consumables. Instead you can earn quite alot of gold by selling pots to the poor saps not bothering with the easiest crafting profession in game which can be done while pvping. You can use the gold you make to buy talismans or you can spend like 30 minutes a week doing some farming for fragments and craft the talismans yourself.

Unless some major changes are implemented to what gold is used for you can do this and never be bothered with gold ever again (unless you feel like you cannot play with 15ish less stat from not having the best talis).
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

dur3al

Post#117 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:21 am

Nekkma wrote:It baffles me how people can be broke in this game and why it seems to matter so much. The only thing gold was ever needed for on live was buying 24/180 talis, sandstorm stuff and the lotd cloaks. if you cant afford the best talismans just buy 1-2 statpoints below as those are often just a few gold.

My very simple guide to becoming self sufficient:
1. You main should be cultivating/apothecary.
2. Create a salvager/talisman maker alt. This can be level 1. For bonus level the alt in rvr only to get all influence rewards to salvage for purple wounds fragments.
3. Yor first real alt should be a butcher and leveld to at least 35 to once in a while farm armor pot mats.
4. Second alt is scavenger (should be rank 40) for fragments and curios. This step is optional as it requires som farming.
5. All other alts - immediatly start cultivating.
5. Profit.

With this setup you are completely self sufficient when it come to potions, with minimal farming of mats for armor pots. This means that you will not spend any gold on consumables. Instead you can earn quite alot of gold by selling pots to the poor saps not bothering with the easiest crafting profession in game which can be done while pvping. You can use the gold you make to buy talismans or you can spend like 30 minutes a week doing some farming for fragments and craft the talismans yourself.

Unless some major changes are implemented to what gold is used for you can do this and never be bothered with gold ever again (unless you feel like you cannot play with 15ish less stat from not having the best talis).
Very nice one! Someone should sticky this into the forums as a guide on how to make gold!
Is there a similar trip to make gold irl? :>
Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz

Nekkma

Post#118 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:37 am

It is not really a "get rich quick" scheme but rather a cut most of your expenses while sowly building up your funds.

I switched to order a week or so after the servers came back up. Had like 30 gold at order at that time. Now I have 600ish, bank stocked with blue pots, about 10 purple frags and just bought the 60% horse. I havent even followed my own guide here as I have not been bothered with leveling my SW butcher and thus still need to buy mats for armor potions on the ah.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
Gerv
Banned

Post#119 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:53 pm

Yea with effort and a little bit of patience through crafting glitches with apothecary bags and what ever you can make enough gold to be comfortable. Blue instant heal pots sell well, along with armour pots. Scale stacks also sell well and talismans as well ( the decent ones).

Power levelling and travel quests in all the t3 and t4 zones net a good starter gold too and only take 30 mins to do all. Just grab and ride around the zones. You also see a cool part of the game this way too.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Morbidmind

Post#120 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:48 pm

Can we get healers removed from Keeps and have them just in warcamps? Battle fatigue seems like a nice system for breaking prolonged funnels, but with healers in the keeps it does nothing.