Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Elven
Former Staff

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#1281 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:09 pm

xelathar wrote:Hi all.Can't seem to start playing.Downloaded everything and once i press the connect button it doesnt work.Forum button works fine but the connect one just does nothing.I can press it a million times and nothing happens.Have i missed something?
Yes, you have missed something.

Ads
StormX2
Game Master

Post#1282 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:11 pm

xelathar wrote:Hi all.Can't seem to start playing.Downloaded everything and once i press the connect button it doesnt work.Forum button works fine but the connect one just does nothing.I can press it a million times and nothing happens.Have i missed something?
Server is down. Might be down for a while.

stingo

When will the servers be up

Post#1283 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:35 pm

As an "old" player from Sweden I got the news of this game still be alive. Couldn't belive it!! Who ever came up with this ide'....more power to you!
I hope there is a way to donate?

Sincerly
Stingo

Krieg92

Re: When will the servers be up

Post#1284 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:46 pm

stingo wrote:As an "old" player from Sweden I got the news of this game still be alive. Couldn't belive it!! Who ever came up with this ide'....more power to you!
I hope there is a way to donate?

Sincerly
Stingo
They will never accept donations or help. If they take money this project will shut down REALLY fast. Server is getting DDOSed or w/e is happening atm, Been down for two weeks now. No ETA on when it will be back up. It'll come back eventually

Alkarin2

Post#1285 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:45 pm

I know this is not the place to ask about this but it seems the most appropriate without opening a thread in general discussion, I've created this account to post about it since the support forums are locked, and when I try to use the contact form at the bottom of the website, it says it can not find my account:

Today I was trying to log into the website and was unable to, assuming I forgot my password I went to reset it. Then I was trying to log in with the new reset password and using captcha but it was not letting me in.

username:Alkarin

can give email too if needed.

If there is any way to cover my account I really appreciate it.

mackale

Post#1286 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:44 am

Hello, I have a problem when I cant even launch the game. Everytime I hit connect with ROR client, it does an error:

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L'accès au chemin d'accès 'E:\Return of Recoking\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe' est refusé.
à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
à RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
à RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

Any ideas why?

ZilchDelerion

Post#1287 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:14 am

I am also having the same problem as "mackale" but i chose not to include the long paste.

ZilchDelerion

Post#1288 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:23 am

Found the fix. i forgot to uncheck the "read-only" on the torrent files.

find the torrented file folders, right click, click properties, uncheck "read only" then apply to all files and sub-folders, and restart the normal loading process.

Ads
Migromul

Post#1289 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:56 am

Game starts... for 1 second. Then crashes to the desktop without any commend. Files already unchecked. (read-only) All exe-files checked to start as administrator.
Using windows 10.
BtW: Kaspersky as Virusscanner. (I hope this isn't the reason.)

Edit: solved: just keep trying. It will run eventually. (it can need 10-20 tries, however.)

Ozolink

Post#1290 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:17 am

Every time i download a blank black screen appears i followed all the steps and i dont know how to fix here is a picture of how it looks after i sign into my Launcher https://gyazo.com/6552598f7c8e79ff49f5926f6fe8794b
Please help