Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest Question

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
gaymer77

Warrior Priest Question

Post#1 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:39 am

I haven't played this game in ages & just picked it up last week so I feel kinda noobish in some of my questions so please bare with me on this. I remember on the live servers that WP was a decent 1v1 melee class if you geared properly and made decent frontline healers. I remember them also being good behind the lines healers if they stacked nothing but willpower and whatnot. My question is how decent are melee WPs on this server? Are they viable in ORvR or am I going to have to bite the bullet and just be a back of the lines healer like a RP & AM?

Ads
Afterlife92

Re: Warrior Priest Question

Post#2 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:49 am

I play myself wp heal and they are best group healers. Dps wp are decent try searching some threads about dps wp.
Bakir

Welch - DoK / Welchz - WP
Paperboy - RP (R.I.P) / Meekz - Zealot
Welchs - AM / Littlez - Shaman
Kriksos - Mara / Skengman - Engi

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:04 am

DPS WP are not viable in ORVR. They only really shine in 1v1/anything less than 12v12.

gaymer77

Post#4 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:59 am

peterthepan3 wrote:DPS WP are not viable in ORVR. They only really shine in 1v1/anything less than 12v12.
So what I'm hearing is that I just need to bite the bullet and be a back of the line healer like RP & AM do. Man I was hoping to not have to do that.

Milleuda

Post#5 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:47 pm

gaymer77 wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:DPS WP are not viable in ORVR. They only really shine in 1v1/anything less than 12v12.
So what I'm hearing is that I just need to bite the bullet and be a back of the line healer like RP & AM do. Man I was hoping to not have to do that.
DPS WP work in specific situations. They take up a DPS slot and can support the healers with some off-healing and utility. With the right party composition, they can do well in a premade SC group or small-scale RVR. But as it was previously mentioned, large battles (oRVR) can be somewhat challenging because you are exposing yourself on the front lines with the rest of the tanks/melee.

There are a few threads here about them that go into further discussion.
Milleuda | Warrior Priest