Tone down shaman

Let's talk about... everything else
salazarn

Re: Tone down shaman

Post#31 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:45 pm

ralgurwho wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:12 pm Let me sum it up. Nerf Destro class, but don't nerf the corresponding Order class. People tend to focus healers down. They have crap armor class. How about we just completely remove healers from the game and let people duke it out. Or better yet, just make everyone the exact same class with the exact same gear and let skill decide?

Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.

An additional thought. Order already dominates almost all of the RvR. Let's just nerf Destro to the point they are completely able to do anything. Then you can get to RR80 by box botting and taking keeps without anyone defending. Sounds fun!
Ye it's likely that many of the issues that make shaman overtuned are mirrored in arch mage. It certainly seems like archmage is out and away the best order roamer bar none so i'd say it probs needs the same treatment.

It's just the durability that makes them good is more noticeable on shaman who also get passive movespeed/ 240toughness /auto detaunt

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:36 pm

salazarn wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:45 pm Ye it's likely that many of the issues that make shaman overtuned are mirrored in arch mage. It certainly seems like archmage is out and away the best order roamer bar none so i'd say it probs needs the same treatment.

It's just the durability that makes them good is more noticeable on shaman who also get passive movespeed/ 240toughness /auto detaunt
Why would you bother, since classes are unbalanced for solo play? RvR is meant to play with other people. If you play solo, expect imbalance due to the very fact, that some classes can sustain better than others.
Dying is no option.

Bozzax

Post#33 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:31 pm

salazarn wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:45 pm
ralgurwho wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:12 pm Let me sum it up. Nerf Destro class, but don't nerf the corresponding Order class. People tend to focus healers down. They have crap armor class. How about we just completely remove healers from the game and let people duke it out. Or better yet, just make everyone the exact same class with the exact same gear and let skill decide?

An additional thought. Order already dominates almost all of the RvR. Let's just nerf Destro to the point they are completely able to do anything. Then you can get to RR80 by box botting and taking keeps without anyone defending. Sounds fun!
Ye it's likely that many of the issues that make shaman overtuned are mirrored in arch mage. It certainly seems like archmage is out and away the best order roamer bar none so i'd say it probs needs the same treatment.

Neither of these classes are s-tier for solo or solo ranked or wb.

In my humble opinion AM is the better of the two. If you know why you know why and yes I did play both. (Nowadays i just chill play solo sorc )
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Faction69

Post#34 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:27 pm

salazarn wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:45 pm

I dunno why you keep bringing up the 240 toughness hot when we're talking about solo roaming dps shamans. If they're specced that far into the healing tree then there's really nothing stopping you from just casually walking away from them. Their dps abilities are doing near base damage in that case, so they can only kill people who are dumb enough to commit to fighting them 1v1 for like an entire minute.

fatelvis

Post#35 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:07 pm

Faction69 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:27 pm
I dunno why you keep bringing up the 240 toughness hot when we're talking about solo roaming dps shamans. If they're specced that far into the healing tree then there's really nothing stopping you from just casually walking away from them. Their dps abilities are doing near base damage in that case, so they can only kill people who are dumb enough to commit to fighting them 1v1 for like an entire minute.
You will be up to puddle anyway. Taking the hot as well leaves you enough points to skill the right tree up to silence, increasing 2 of your 3 dots damage as well as your shield. On a lot of deaths I owe to shamies bleed for me and getn smarter often seem to be the top damage sources. All the other stuff leaves them stationary anyway so its only good to finish off targets.

The thread is funny, though, coming from lakes swarmed with little gobbo wizards kiting parties left and right. Same goes for AMs of course.

SZ244663

Post#36 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:33 am

salazarn wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:04 pm
SZ244663 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:12 pm Lol they've already been "toned down" with removal of the well known laser beam -- if that gets brought back, some will definitely be having some more difficulty to 1v1 them.
The issue is not their damage. Sorcs do great damage but not one has an issue with them.

As far as I am concerned if they go full int they SHOULD do damage. It's the fact base healing and detaunt means they can avoid willpower and still have too much durability.

Also the free 240toughnes they get is pretty huge. Its more than tank classes get slotting a tactic for it. And I don't think any other ability in the game provides 240 of a single stat.
What do you think about toning down AM while you're talking about shamans too

salazarn

Post#37 » Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:20 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:47 pm Is this a 1v1 complaint by any chance?
Absolutely not. It affects all game play particularly small scale and scenarios. The fact shaman are also the best 1v1 class ingame is almost incidental

Akalukz

Post#38 » Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:31 pm

Can shamman now cleanse AM dots? If so, then maybe a case for best 1v1. But pretty sure it's the other way around. Also 90% of shammans melt to a good WL :)
-= Agony =-

Ads
jafh123

Post#39 » Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:51 pm

Shamans are not the best 1v1 class. They are strong in groups, but in 1v1 if they are DPS spec'd they are squishy and die easily and if they are defensive then they don't deal enough damage to kill.

3Form

Post#40 » Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:10 pm

salazarn wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:20 pm
Omegus wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:47 pm Is this a 1v1 complaint by any chance?
Absolutely not. It affects all game play particularly small scale and scenarios. The fact shaman are also the best 1v1 class ingame is almost incidental
Yeah it's less so the solo ones, although they can be annoying, it's more the full gobbo groups that seem to be roaming around lately. Have come across groups of 3-4 shammies + 1-2 squig herders. I'm not expecting to succeed as 1-2 vs a full group but it's obnoxious to get caught by them in a way that other compositions aren't, particularly with how common these groups seem to be.