Recent Topics

Ads

Why are watrior priests amazing healers?

Let's talk about... everything else
Kingofpol

Why are watrior priests amazing healers?

Post#1 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:12 am

I always see AM broken threads or RP Being the talk of the town but WPnis **** INSANELY good for healing.

Opinions?
Faith in the Pain

Ads
Mez

Re: Why are watrior priests amazing healers?

Post#2 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:42 am

ya, they aren't on an AP mechanic for heals. Their regen can happen while casting, while AP does not regen while casting. If they need mechanic, they can do a frontal cone AOE that uses AP, and they get mechanic pool back for everything they hit. Or they can supplicate, regening mechanic and its on a short cooldown. The other classes would be drinking AP pots in those brief instances, and breaks in duty, but AP pots have a long cooldown.

They have fast cast group heals, group hots, group shield, group cleanse. The other classes don't have this stuff, at least, as well implemented the WP's have it.

They have medium armor, and an armor prayer, and a wounds buff, all for the group. They can AOE detaunt everything around them. They can wear eye patches.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Toldavf

Post#3 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:46 am

Comes down to a few things.

1. Resilience: Medium armour so against physical attacks the mitigation becomes insane with armour stacking. I get a dps on me on zealot I have to de taunt and kite I get one on wp and iI will still detaunt but kitting is optional 1 dps does allot less to reduce my ability to heal my group vs a good wp its train or dont bother.

2. Intimidating repent: A chainable aoe detaunt people aren't specing it yet but come t4 its a mandatory tactic. It has 100% up time cost little ap and if you aren't sure which sorc out of the bunch just dotted you just detaunt one and catch the others if they are standing near.

3. Group hot and heal: Your group hot is small as hots go but it hits 6 people has near 100% up time and is good for healing off the little bits of damage people pick up in an efficient manor as its pretty cheap for what it does. The group heal is relatively expensive for a none sov wp and will burn up RF fast if you spam it its a bit smaller then the other group heals in the game but at only a 1 second cast time as a posed to 2.5 seconds on other healers its quiet a fast and decent sized heal. Its a good heal to use until you have to focus heal a bit.

4: Group Cleanse: Doks version is better but you still can clean away debuffs from chosen,bg, magus, sorc, aoe snare from squigs, celerity and choppers. You cant get ailments so no burning off a heal debuff for you but you are potentially removing 6 debuffs at once. Again an easy to use skill with the tactic just click the button and its done no targeting required.

5: Fast heals: As mentioned your group heal is quick to build up, however your other 2 heals are even faster so as a first response heal only grugnis gift can be faster you have divine aid for somebody that needs topping off and divine mend for somebody that needs more. Mends a really amazing skill half second cast, big heal and its cool down wont be increased so every 5 seconds mend is ready for use.

Thats all that springs to mind right now.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Mez

Post#4 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:51 am

If you want an overhead glance at healers, take a look at a 12-man bomb group from live.

Imagine you are trying to heal 4 bright wizards, 2 tanks, a slayer and a rift engi who is in melee range verse 100 destro.

You got a warrior priest in each group. Is only job is to keep the group heals and group EVERYTHING rolling along. That is the life line.

1 group has a rune priest alongside his WP partner. The runepriest's job is to layer hots and keep blessing up. With his spread hot Serenity, he keeps that 10 second spread on everyone up front. He has 15 sec rolling hots on everyone up front. he is using his flash heal with the 15% more crit to crit everyeo up front, and keep blessing of grungi up (25% more healing on target). Using buffhead, your job on a runepriest is to literally keep hots layered and rolling, and keep flashing everyone to make sure they have blessing. You will occasionally smash morale 2 and spam group heal when **** is hitting the fan. In small scale, like scnarios, you are doing similar but with more group heal and single target heal mixxed, but also keeping stagger and silence on cooldown as you shut down enemy squigs, ranged and healers. In this way, you can be a touch offensive as a runie with your cc, and its more FUN than a WP I'd say in this aspect.

In the other group is the AM. The archmage is the best burst healer in WAR hands down. They have magical infusion (a reverse word of pain backload heal procs when below 20% hp). So that, with Funnel Essence plus Desperation Tactic (40% heals when low hp), they channel you up from 0 health to 100% health in 2-3 sec , even while being focused by a warband. Their job is to toss out big heals to fill up people taking focus damage, and rez. If someone loses guard or something and takes damage, the Am is the only one that can save him.

That's how I always look at these roles. Hope it helped.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Kingofpol

Post#5 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Toldavf wrote:Comes down to a few things.

1. Resilience: Medium armour so against physical attacks the mitigation becomes insane with armour stacking. I get a dps on me on zealot I have to de taunt and kite I get one on wp and iI will still detaunt but kitting is optional 1 dps does allot less to reduce my ability to heal my group vs a good wp its train or dont bother.

2. Intimidating repent: A chainable aoe detaunt people aren't specing it yet but come t4 its a mandatory tactic. It has 100% up time cost little ap and if you aren't sure which sorc out of the bunch just dotted you just detaunt one and catch the others if they are standing near.

3. Group hot and heal: Your group hot is small as hots go but it hits 6 people has near 100% up time and is good for healing off the little bits of damage people pick up in an efficient manor as its pretty cheap for what it does. The group heal is relatively expensive for a none sov wp and will burn up RF fast if you spam it its a bit smaller then the other group heals in the game but at only a 1 second cast time as a posed to 2.5 seconds on other healers its quiet a fast and decent sized heal. Its a good heal to use until you have to focus heal a bit.

4: Group Cleanse: Doks version is better but you still can clean away debuffs from chosen,bg, magus, sorc, aoe snare from squigs, celerity and choppers. You cant get ailments so no burning off a heal debuff for you but you are potentially removing 6 debuffs at once. Again an easy to use skill with the tactic just click the button and its done no targeting required.

5: Fast heals: As mentioned your group heal is quick to build up, however your other 2 heals are even faster so as a first response heal only grugnis gift can be faster you have divine aid for somebody that needs topping off and divine mend for somebody that needs more. Mends a really amazing skill half second cast, big heal and its cool down wont be increased so every 5 seconds mend is ready for use.

Thats all that springs to mind right now.
Wow that was pretty helpful. I usually play destro but alot of the american guilds are order so I am going to run a WP healer spec. From guides ive seen, ether speccing into melee healing(seems like a weird spec tbh) or ranged healing is the only way to go. Im not sure what tbe appropriate build is for a 31/40 WP
Faith in the Pain

Coryphaus

Post#6 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Their amazing because they are a poorly executed concept

DoKs and WPs were ment to be frontline healers, but they were implemented soo poorly that now you have backline healers in medium armor spamming gheals and clense

Also wps have that 20% healing tactic

Azarael

Post#7 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:43 pm

WP and DoK desperately need a toggle mechanic, with all the concessions that were given to them for their intended role (plus more) moved onto it and out of the backline spec.

Coryphaus

Post#8 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:45 pm

I think if you simply removed tomes and chalices then that would be sufficient maybe?

Ads
Azarael

Post#9 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:46 pm

That would just kill the class.

Kingofpol

Post#10 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:53 pm

Coryphaus wrote:I think if you simply removed tomes and chalices then that would be sufficient maybe?
That would kill them as they are VERY VERY gear dependant. They dont get good til T3 because of the need for gear to be able to sustain there gheals and gcleans

Its got medium armour but other then that its a class that does not shine til later on. Alot of issues with the class revolves around gear dependency and swapping specces with different gear regularly. A DoK/WP needs at least 2 sets for there class versus every other one

I think if u take into account they cannot cleanse ailments and snares only curses and hexs they arent broken
Faith in the Pain