Recent Topics

Ads

The lag reducing addon

Let's talk about... everything else
Nishka
Suspended

The lag reducing addon

Post#1 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:50 pm

I always wondered why such old and relatively low-scale game is so hungry. I know my pc is old, but It can handle 20 000 units in napoleon: total war, why can't it handle 48 units vs 48? Well, seems there is a reason in addition to awful optimization.
Buffs. The game is constantly checking other players for buffs and debuffs. This addon reduces the frequency of buff checking reducing the stutter by 2-5 times. I coudn't believe my eyes when I first installed it, seemed like a miracle but it worked! Now I can play up to medium-size sieges without much suffering.
Huge 100+ destro zerg sieges still lag as hell though. Warhammer online is probably one of the worst optimized games in history.
The name of the addon is Buff Throttle. It was widely used during the early stages of WAR to make the game at least somewhat playable.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 8992937448

Type to see if the addon is running

/script BuffThrottle.Verify()

Type to set up buff refresh delay

/script BuffRefreshDelay = 5.0
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Ads
CarlistRieekan

Re: The lag reducing addon

Post#2 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:18 pm

Thanks for sharing!

Valnak

Post#3 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:22 pm

I forgot about this addon. Thanks!
Tury06 wrote:I agree about premade doesnt require skill at all
This is 2016. Why do the devs allow the magus to continue to be overpowered?

Lolfatalstorm

Post#4 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:41 am

Wasn't it useless after patch 1.0.6 ?

Euan
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:43 am

This sounds like a scam tbh
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Luth

Post#6 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:10 am

Lolfatalstorm wrote:Wasn't it useless after patch 1.0.6 ?
True, this wasn't working anymore after some patch iirc. Probably placebo atm. :D

Nishka
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:35 am

It's working. I couldn't play even wb vs wb before I installed it. From totally unplayable 2-3 sec freezes every few sec with 10-15 sec to load textures to no lag at all just after I installed the addon. I highly doubt it's placebo.
About mythic patch that fixed it... Mythic and fixed and mutually exclusive words. That was a real placebo. :?

Also, note: if you have something like squared addon, it may have BuffThrottle included in it already.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Vilhelmina

Post#8 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:46 am

I'd love to try this add-on, but... REALM IS FULL. :/

Ads
Nishka
Suspended

Post#9 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:49 am

Also, the default buff refresh rate for this addon is 0.5 (for the version included in squared as well) which is kinda marginal and you probably won't notice much difference. That's why you should type
/script BuffRefreshDelay = x
where x = a number from 0.5 to 5.0

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:58 am

Thanks for sharing!

But I need to aware everyone: by using this addon you may see wrong data about current buffs and debuffs on the target(s).
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!