Recent Topics

Ads

PTS Patch Notes 29/04/2024

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Stimpz

Re: PTS Patch Notes 29/04/2024

Post#31 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:25 am

Balance Changes

- Oppression - Now additionally reduces damage taken of group members within 100 ft by 15% for 5 seconds.

It would be really, really nice to be able to use this skill with a 2H weapon again.
Overall, these are very great buffs, but 2H will fall even more behind now. 2H Chosen lacks something nice for WB play like Kotbs has. I mean, there was no good reason to have a 2H Chosen in your WB before, but now you hinder your team far more.

I always wished that Corruptive Power (reduced chance to be krt hit for your grp 10% for 5 sec) would be something else, and the effect would be on Rending Blade (13 point ability with undefendable aoe but nothing else), so you have a good reason to bring a 2H Chosen to your party.
Also, it would provide such a nice synergy!
I mean, it only procs if you land a critical hit, but as a Tank, you normally don't have that much crt chance. You skill Oppressing Blows (15% more crt with 2H) and use Rending Blade to trigger a buff for your group. It would be like a poem!
Last edited by Stimpz on Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
Dackjanielz

Post#32 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:52 am

Just to generally say looks very good, impressed.

Love change to Oathstone i always felt for a high end ability that was lacking, SM and knight changes are great....Chosen buff is good too.

Be interesting to see how DPS priests perform now, i would personally vote to have divine assault moved into Wrath in the future if possible, i think it would be a very simple change that would really help that build out. They practically need it just to stay alive alot of the time and most dmg WPs i know use it alot anyway.

And i would also like to vote for engie kegs healing all allies like they used too i think that would really help bring that build back to the scene -
But of course that is a story for another day, this is the tank patch :>

chovudal

Post#33 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:51 am

even in tank-patch engineers got nerfed...(aoe radius)
proc changes are quite useless, because tangling wire and hollow points are never ever used by engis

Im exited to see, what an engi is able to do at the end

leftayparxoun

Post#34 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:55 am

From reading the notes the patch seems great. Well done and thanks for all the effort so far.

Could you perhaps also share with us an estimate of how close we are to the completion of Phase 1 (Tanks)?
Seeing as how Tanks are still getting adjusted both mechanically and numbers-wise, it's hard to have a proper overview as outsiders.
Onlymelee MSH, Onlyhealing Zealot, Onlyhater BG - Entropy and Chaos

"All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride."
The Antigone of Sophocles

diegomess

Post#35 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:56 pm

Stimpz wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:25 am
Balance Changes

- Oppression - Now additionally reduces damage taken of group members within 100 ft by 15% for 5 seconds.

It would be really, really nice to be able to use this skill with a 2H weapon again.
Overall, these are very great buffs, but 2H will fall even more behind now. 2H Chosen lacks something nice for WB play like Kotbs has. I mean, there was no good reason to have a 2H Chosen in your WB before, but now you hinder your team far more.

I always wished that Corruptive Power (reduced chance to be krt hit for your grp 10% for 5 sec) would be something else, and the effect would be on Rending Blade (13 point ability with undefendable aoe but nothing else), so you have a good reason to bring a 2H Chosen to your party.
Also, it would provide such a nice synergy!
I mean, it only procs if you land a critical hit, but as a Tank, you normally don't have that much crt chance. You skill Oppressing Blows (15% more crt with 2H) and use Rending Blade to trigger a buff for your group. It would be like a poem!
you give oppression to 2h and they will give vigilance to 2h kobs which is way stronger.

Agreed on rending blade, its the most underwhelming 13pt ability of any tank, just a basic low dmg aoe and nothing else
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

normanis

Post#36 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:39 pm

replace corruptive power with feed of the weary. (for snb its more usefull to drain ap from attacker)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Culexus

Post#37 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:48 pm

Hazmy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm ...is a possible replacement to regain some of your passive defenses lost with the removal of You Wot!?!!

So to replace You Wot!, our only defensive ability usable for 2h, we now have to spec 4 points into a 3rd mastery tree (as we always need to go Boss tree for the kd) that is otherwise pointless for 2h, as well as give up a tactic slot, to get less base parry than we had previously and only equal/more for a single gcd. If we don't do this we have no extra defenses at all beyond +5% parry for GaBC (another tactic slot gone) and our single mitigation ability in the toughness buff. Never mind the flat -10% damage reduction from the loss of You Wot! as well as the rest of the defensive and mitigation stats lost.

"But we gave you a great new dps ability in its place so now BO brings more DPS to smallscale"

Except we can't use this great new ability because we have to waste mastery points going into the tank tree. We'll also do less dps than before this ability as not only are we unable to take it, but we lose the +10% damage from You Wot! and have to give up yet another tactic slot so we can function as a tank (with the punt tactic also being mandatory to make the punt actually punt) that can't instead be allocated to dps tactics.

I can't believe that nobody on the team recognised how bad of an idea it is removing BO's only defensive ability and not providing another defensive ability to compensate. We already bring the least to a 6man of all the tanks and now we also take the title of the squishiest tank so taking us in even more of a liability. I don't mind the removal of You Wot! as the new ability seems great but this is not a viable alternative. All we needed was a mirror of Eagle's Flight and we'd have been sorted. This is a big blow to the class right as the latest ranked season starts.

Hazmy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm A small change to buff some previously useless tactics of the Black Guard. Feeding On Pain is now a proper AP tactic and Crush Vitality a potential counter against physical small scale groups.

I hope all the classes in the game get this treatment as the game is full of useless tactics. One of the easiest ways of adding more build variety is a bunch of useful tactics to choose from.
Last edited by Culexus on Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Amakusa

Post#38 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:11 pm

zumos2 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:58 am
Zxul wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:39 pm To clarify- do the procs which now get extra dmg from DB will also be mitigated by toughness?
Yes.
Interesting :shock:
Egos, Kyoshiro, Kokoshibu, Sosa, Riegert, Luniz, Gankplank <Morituri>
Dunning, Boyka, Iluv, Shirokyo, Snusnu, Engrimar, Soge <Holmgang>

Ads
Moonbiter

Post#39 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:28 pm

Moving BO's Down Ya Go to the Gud Plan is not the best option you have to make cd+punt chain. Down Ya Go now lacks 10% of crit using Gork Smash - it's too much loss for dps.

Please, consider Down Ya Go as Best Plan and punt as No Plan ability. So cd+punt chain remains and dps does not suffer from dat.

Alubert

Post#40 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:49 pm

Thank you for your work.
Tanks have been feeling appreciated for some time now.
The only thing I lack to complete happiness is the reversal of the unreasonable change regarding penalizing tanks playing on snb spec 20 sec cd on punts (except IB).
Reverse this change to end the 2h tanks meta.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+