Recent Topics

Ads

What is a DPS healer?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ysaran

What is a DPS healer?

Post#1 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:43 pm

What is the ratio for the SC matchmaking to mark you as a DPS healer? Gear? RR points?
Zputadenti

Ads
Templa

Re: What is a DPS healer?

Post#2 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:03 pm

Your Mastery Setup.
Image Image

Dackjanielz

Post#3 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:25 pm

it might be controversial for me to say but i really do think tanks and healers shouldn't even have DPS masteries.

We already have plenty of DPS classes and players in the game and they cant spec into healing or tanking, so its so lop sided.

A healer that doesnt heal and a tank that doesnt tank just isnt good man.

Either that or we need some DPS classes getting heal/tank specs which personally id like to see myself, such as tank specced warrior priest and maybe healing engineer.

Templa

Post#4 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:45 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:25 pm it might be controversial for me to say but i really do think tanks and healers shouldn't even have DPS masteries.

We already have plenty of DPS classes and players in the game and they cant spec into healing or tanking, so its so lop sided.

Either that or we need some DPS classes getting heal/tank specs which personally id like to see myself, such as tank specced warrior priest and maybe healing engineer.
removing content is bad
Image Image

Frankie

Post#5 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:54 pm

Templa wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:45 pm
Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:25 pm it might be controversial for me to say but i really do think tanks and healers shouldn't even have DPS masteries.

removing content is bad
Seems to me, he's more on the side of adding more to dps classes. Though It will hardly ever happen, but would make sense and would be tons of fun.
Moirran, Zealot RR40+
Albin, Blackguard <40

Ferenz, Witch Hunter RR40+
Gottlob, Warrior Priest <40

Dackjanielz

Post#6 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:10 pm

removing content is bad

Well i think its more about adding really, take engineer for example, they could simply add a tactic which makes him "more healer less dps" - Easy.

Just like focused offense as an example but in reverse.

Ysaran

Post#7 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:36 pm

The mastery tree may be a part of it, but it is not everything. If I put DPS gear am I counted as DPS? What about my talismans? And my RR points? Anyone have a clue?
Zputadenti

Aethilmar

Post#8 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:46 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:10 pm

removing content is bad

Well i think its more about adding really, take engineer for example, they could simply add a tactic which makes him "more healer less dps" - Easy.

Just like focused offense as an example but in reverse.
Tell you what, give me my tank dps back to how it was on AoR and go wild with whatever you want on the rest of the classes. They have nerfed tanks so much compared to live it isn't even funny.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#9 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:18 pm

You slot the dps tactic or have higher magic crit then heal crit = dps am or dps shaman

Broken in my opinion since you can’t exploit the +1 mechanic tactics and high magic crit
Last edited by Bozzax on Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ysaran

Post#10 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:57 pm

Bozzax wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:18 pm You slot the dps tactic or have higher magic crit then heal crit = dps

Don’t think mastery matters at all

Broken in my opinion since you can’t exploit the +1 mechanic tactics and high magic crit
What about divine fury?
Zputadenti