Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 22/03/2024

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
zumos2

Re: Patch Notes 22/03/2024

Post#11 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:11 pm

I don't think removing the Gunbad Cloak is a good idea. It was a really helpful piece to help new characters gear during their Conq/Vanq phase, especially for tanks. I don't necessarily see why the set has to mirror Conqueror piece by piece. What is the advantage of that?

If the goal was to simply add a belt option, it could be done without removing the cloak. Simply put the belt as influence reward or add a quest to obtain the belt.

In general I'm also against removing the option to obtain gear other characters already have. In this case I don't think anyone uses Redeye Cloak for their BIS setup, but it's still a bad precedent. One that started when the Skaven Ring quests were removed a long time ago now.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Ads
dekadd

Post#12 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:27 pm

Kill the early tank stuff with this change...

lemao

Post#13 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:09 pm

Why do you guys keep changing/patching stuff which is working ?

akisnaakkeli

Post#14 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:17 pm

zumos2 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:11 pm I don't think removing the Gunbad Cloak is a good idea. It was a really helpful piece to help new characters gear during their Conq/Vanq phase, especially for tanks. I don't necessarily see why the set has to mirror Conqueror piece by piece. What is the advantage of that?

If the goal was to simply add a belt option, it could be done without removing the cloak. Simply put the belt as influence reward or add a quest to obtain the belt.

In general I'm also against removing the option to obtain gear other characters already have. In this case I don't think anyone uses Redeye Cloak for their BIS setup, but it's still a bad precedent. One that started when the Skaven Ring quests were removed a long time ago now.
Its not, its a bad idea when a good one would include the belt AND add new set bonus so everybody wins. Now no one does;/ Its almost universally bad idea to remove skills espesially iconic ones or gear espesially low lvl gear which should be lvl 36 not lvl 40 set anyway imo. I dont understand why the NEED to homogenise entire game like its a good idea that all sets should have same parts etc in them lol no its not.

Like removing Overlord/Imperator set bonuses. Pls add them back because the synergy with Vanq/Opp and Overlord/Imperator was amazing and cleverly done.

Or if you decide to remove the cloak and add belt, maybe add belt to overlord/imperator with the old set bonuses so we dont just loose something we get something

Culexus

Post#15 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:27 pm

What happened to the balance patches? They were being released consistently but have now just...stopped. If the tank changes are still ongoing and each archetype is being done a bit at a time, it'll take all year to get through them at this rate of release.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Specialpatrol

Post#16 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:13 pm

lemao wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:09 pm Why do you guys keep changing/patching stuff which is working ?
This (which goes for a lot of stuff - not just this silly change to Redeye gear).

Also, did you mess around with other gear appearances again? Suddenly the Tracker set (which I was using for appearance) has a whole new look. What gives?
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Absinth

Post#17 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:04 pm

The cloak should be atleast kept as a part of the set as possible mixing piece and later one a quest should have been introduced to let people get it, however weird it might be. The current approach causes to make 2h bg pointless pre-bis. Before changes you could run 5vw 3redeye for the 710 armor bonus. That allowed your lowbie 2h BG to be usefull in the warbands. Now that you are shredded of that armor bonus you are useless because in the current blob meta you will get obliterated. Im pretty sure other classes also have some issues caused by that making them weaker. Ofc there are probably some outlier cases where it actually makes the class better.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

rafaelneco

Post#18 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:02 am

Thanks for all the work
you should buff destruction.

Ads
Topdude

Post#19 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:27 pm

I wish events hadn't become so centered around dyes and that you offered more PVE tasks for us who like to use it as a break from (at times) stale RVR.

CountTalabecland

Post#20 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:08 pm

When can we expect a patch to fix/buff Order after you broke the game with those nerfs to Order in the last balance patchs?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.