Recent Topics

Ads

An actual full pvp ruleset server.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Zxul

An actual full pvp ruleset server.

Post#1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:52 pm

Just reminded again about fun times which I had in Age of Conan back in the day, think it was on Fury server.

Now the suggestion is, in case there is ever an alt set RoR server, to try this one, similar to Fury rules:

- Open pvp everywhere, including all pve zones/ dungeons. No sides, you can attack all including guild members.
- Stealth available to all classes.
- No lvl boost.
- Player loot available- when you die you have a chance to drop any item which you have in inventory. In addition you always drop 10% of gold which you have on you.
- Don't remember if they had any Crowd Control immunities, but if they had those were much more limited than in RoR- I remember on my demonologist after lvl 30 being able to use root followed by stun followed by something else, for a total of 9 sec or so of hard CC. Starting from stealth and from range <3.

- This one will never happen in RoR, but made for an interesting times on Fury- fully unmoderated public channels. Think they didn't had any moderators for those at all on principle.

Wonder how popular will it be here.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
mekal

Re: An actual full pvp ruleset server.

Post#2 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:05 pm

Zxul wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:52 pm
- Don't remember if they had any Crowd Control immunities, but if they had those were much more limited than in RoR- I remember on my demonologist after lvl 30 being able to use root followed by stun followed by something else, for a total of 9 sec or so of hard CC. Starting from stealth and from range <3.
this alone would drop the population from 600 to 5 sounds like an absolute miserable experience and something that has already killed previous games

Detangler

Post#3 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:20 pm

Thought this was a serious post until "everyone gets stealth...."
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Zxul

Post#4 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:42 pm

mekal wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:05 pm
Zxul wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:52 pm
this alone would drop the population from 600 to 5 sounds like an absolute miserable experience and something that has already killed previous games
In general it was a lot about who would apply CC first and chain it correctly. And obviously who would attack from stealth while the other side is unexpecting it.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

NSKaneda

Post#5 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:38 pm

You lost me at "Stealth available to all classes".
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Zxul

Post#6 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:17 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:38 pm You lost me at "Stealth available to all classes".
You haven't seen pvp till you seen say a sorc or sw with a frond loaded burst + stealth.