Recent Topics

Ads

The Tothmonra Podcast 3/16/24

Let's talk about... everything else
Martok

The Tothmonra Podcast 3/16/24

Post#1 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:45 pm

As some of you may know Tothmonra is currently undergoing a number of serious medical procedures. Consequently he will be unable to hold his usually scheduled Podcast on Saturday the 16th. Toth's Podcast are important to him, and he operates under the philosophy 'the show must go on.'

Tothmonra has asked me to host his Podcast this Saturday, March 16th. I have happily agreed.

The Podcast will begin at the usual time, 12 Noon Eastern Standard Time which is what, 1800 Altdorf time and 2377.5 UM Tralfamadorian Time. The Podcast will be conducted in Toth's honor and according to his format however it will be broadcast on my Twitch Page. Please consider dropping in and/or participating in a discussion of all things Warhammer.

If you would like to be a guest, please contact me and I will be happy to have you on.

Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Martok

Re: The Tothmonra Podcast 3/16/24

Post#2 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:21 am

As an add-on info dump:

Topics Saturday will include coverage of the 6v6 tournament and, for our Dwarven friends, presentation of 'The Lost Footage' from Karak A Karak.

Tune in for more.

satvichit2

Post#3 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:42 am

The Happiness Podcast. It pops up in my feed and next thing I know, I’m hooked. I contemplate things in my life, my behaviours, my reactions, my opinions with a calm gentle voice guiding me. It’s fresh to not be goaded with sarcastic memes telling me how I need to behave.

Martok

Post#4 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:06 pm

Yay! Someone finally gets it! My goal is always to just try and be entertaining.

You are a legend, sir.

Martok

Post#5 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:44 pm

The Youtube version of the Podcast, edited for time and content. Additional material was inserted for effect.

Again thanks to Tothmonra for asking me to host, and I hope he is back on his feet soon.

And as always thanks for watching.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Sickesthater

Post#6 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:07 pm

This podcast seems clique based. And after all this time, some of us know this by now. You can even hear him say it at times on the show. "I have invited this person to be on today" On the other hand he seems to refuse to invite others. Or he thinks some need to ask him to be on. Meanwhile he invites the same ones from his clique. This isnt based on a simple inclination. This stuff has been going on for what, over a year now? Thats all the proof needed. Im not trying to be mean to anyone on this forum. I am giving you feedback from what im seeing.

Martok

Post#7 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:04 pm

Sickesthater, I appreciate your response. Pleases consider mine.

Tothmonra started his Podcast in an effort to support the server. Beyond that I can't really speak to his motivations in regard to how he typically runs it. I became a routine guest because he asked me to, directly as a result of his medical issues. Although yes, I have been happy to help him out, it is true we have on occasion butted heads over how 'strict' he can be where issues such as guest and humor are concerned. When he asked me to host this particular Podcast I did so according to and embracing my own particular style. Which explains all the Dwarf jokes. In addition I put out an open invitation for anyone to appear and if asked to host further episodes I would do so again. I would love to have people come on and talk about builds and/or abilities or whatever, as long as it is Warhammer related. But in the end the Tothmonra Podcast is the Tothmonra Podcast, and, you know, his will be done.

My primary motivation for appearing is based on the fact I know the Podcast is important to him and so I do what I can. I hope everyone can understand that.

Toshutkidup

Post#8 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:49 pm

Sickesthater wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:07 pm This podcast seems clique based. And after all this time, some of us know this by now. You can even hear him say it at times on the show. "I have invited this person to be on today" On the other hand he seems to refuse to invite others. Or he thinks some need to ask him to be on. Meanwhile he invites the same ones from his clique. This isnt based on a simple inclination. This stuff has been going on for what, over a year now? Thats all the proof needed. Im not trying to be mean to anyone on this forum. I am giving you feedback from what im seeing.
Who do you consider to be in his clique’? Evil, Me, Red,Devs,Max,Karis,Panda,Gravord ( I think ) and about 6 or so other people who have been on the podcast one way or another. Almost every podcast he asks for people and few have joined. Toth has rules that he won’t bend, well that’s a fair expectation I feel or just like others anyone is free to start a podcast or stream and open up to public with rules they deem good for them.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
Martok

Post#9 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:34 pm

Sickesthater wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:07 pmOn the other hand he seems to refuse to invite others. Or he thinks some need to ask him to be on. Meanwhile he invites the same ones from his clique.
Toshutkidup wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:49 pmWho do you consider to be in his clique’? Evil, Me, Red,Devs,Max,Karis,Panda,Gravord ( I think ) and about 6 or so other people who have been on the podcast one way or another. Almost every podcast he asks for people and few have joined. Toth has rules that he won’t bend, well that’s a fair expectation I feel or just like others anyone is free to start a podcast or stream and open up to public with rules they deem good for them.

Tosh is correct here, many people have been guest on Tothmonra's Podcast. The issue isn't Toth not asking for or limiting who can be guest the issue is the general lack of response from the community at large. There are a number of reasons for that, I suppose, but Toth having a clique isn't one of them.

Scottx125

Post#10 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:04 pm

I've offered to go on before but the times for his streaming of the podcast just aren't good for me. I've also noticed it's very much a vehicle for Tosh's opinions on certain things. I remember one time he harped on about auto-warbands and kicking people for a good 2-3 months before I got bored and stopped watching. I think his style and format is the big issue for a lot of people. It'd be more interesting if it was an open discussion where he sat back and managed the discussion like a talk show host and let guests talk about certain issues/things. Rather than taking a more direct role in the show to push his own opinions. Also the fact that he limits the humour and doesn't allow swearing is a massive switch off.

And again, lack of community engagement. It's no good going on the forums and saying "If you want to join just ask" because there's no direct incentive to want to join unless you just want to blurt your opinion out. Same with any talkshow they don't ask people to come on and leave an open door, they reach out to people who might have an understanding about certain topics. For example, Tosh could put out a vote asking what people would like to have discussed in the next podcast as it's main topic; then put out the selected topic, the offer for anyone interested in talking on the topic to join and also reach out to notable members of the community to weigh in.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.