Recent Topics

Ads

Dps/Hybrid zeal(rp)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Stinksuit

Dps/Hybrid zeal(rp)

Post#1 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:58 pm

As someone who has put quite a good amount of hours into dps zealot and since the patch for dps/heal/off spec are coming I thought I'd share some of my thoughts and ideas what I'd like to see zealots having in the upcoming patches to make dps and hybrid zealots maybe viable in the future. :)

Divine fury tactic added to harbinger?
Transference tactic added to harbinger?
Lower cd on harbinger (10s)
Mirror of madness has heal debuff + defensive target will be healed for 50% of the heals received by the target
(Similar to Marauder "deadly clutch" tactic)
Move ritual to be top of the mastery trees (13pts->9pts, 9pts->5pts and 5pts->13pts)

If divine fury would get added to harbinger it would be nice to have it work the way it gives the dmg bonus and healing penalty when harbinger is toggled and wise versa (gets rid of the dmg bonus and doesn't give healing penalty when harbinger is not toggled) this might be too strong.

If this divine fury tactic/harbinger change seems too strong then adding transference tactic to harbinger is alternative. (Also transference needs to get the 10% disrupt pen back)

MoM is pretty much the same as it is now but with the healing debuff effect of maras deadly clutch added to it, which heals defensive target instead of just you.

Moving rituals to be top of the tree instead of being at the bottom just opens up the mastery trees more and having more than one ritual isn't really needed.

And ofcourse rp would get same/similar changes. :)
I hope to get some feedback and thoughts about these changes especially from other zealot and rp mains.

Ads
Nameless

Re: Dps/Hybrid zeal(rp)

Post#2 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:24 pm

Stinksuit wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:58 pm
Moving rituals to be top of the tree instead of being at the bottom just opens up the mastery trees more and having more than one ritual isn't really needed.
I argue with that. Me personally spec duo rituals cos very ofter there are 2 zealots at same group and that way heal ritual for one of them is worthless.
But beside that after abilities rework patch rituals dont share same cd. Now you could cast heal ritual and if you move far away and the ritual is on 15 sec cd you could cast ap ritual till heal on is off cd. This brings extra (not much but still) depth at ritual usage, now you could use ap or heal one depends of situation and change to other sooner.
I would propose to even buff the shield one (so weak atm) so ppl to consider taking it or at least pick it when spec for ap pump tactic.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

dshdf

Post#3 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:25 pm

tbh, the main issue for both dps zeal and rp are laughable skill damage bases/stat scaling (even not talking about rp's inability to debuff enemy resistances)
unless its addressed everything else is kinda pointless as it will keep em subpar

Stinksuit

Post#4 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:56 pm

dshdf wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:25 pm tbh, the main issue for both dps zeal and rp are laughable skill damage bases/stat scaling (even not talking about rp's inability to debuff enemy resistances)
unless its addressed everything else is kinda pointless as it will keep em subpar
From my experiences the dmg isn't that bad (not good that's for sure) and I feel like its very hard to actually balance the numbers since the class would most likely be insanely strong if numbers get buffed too much. But I do get what you're saying here. :)

Stinksuit

Post#5 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:58 pm

Nameless wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:24 pm
Stinksuit wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:58 pm
I argue with that. Me personally spec duo rituals cos very ofter there are 2 zealots at same group and that way heal ritual for one of them is worthless.
But beside that after abilities rework patch rituals dont share same cd. Now you could cast heal ritual and if you move far away and the ritual is on 15 sec cd you could cast ap ritual till heal on is off cd. This brings extra (not much but still) depth at ritual usage, now you could use ap or heal one depends of situation and change to other sooner.
I would propose to even buff the shield one (so weak atm) so ppl to consider taking it or at least pick it when spec for ap pump tactic.
Ofcourse you can get value out of having more than 1 ritual but atleast for me personally using anything else than the healing ritual (unless 2 zeals in party) is quite rare. Also with the changes to mastery trees you would be able to get both aethyric shock and winds which is also quite nice and in my eyes bigger value than having 2 rituals. :)

BluIzLucky

Post#6 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:16 am

Sorry, but can't say I like these solutions much.
Stinksuit wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:58 pm Divine fury tactic added to harbinger?
One of the main problems of ZL is the very weak offensive tactics, taking the only two worthwhile ones into an ability makes little difference as you have nothing to replace them with

Lower cd on harbinger (10s) would only buff the heal spec and solo, really should be 10s but trigger on both ON and OFF. I find that it's rarely used by hybrids as you want to stay in offense mode otherwise you are just worse heal, maybe if HoTs/DoTs had strength of casted stats, rather than current stats but from my testing (pre-rework) it updates as you switch stance

Mirror of madness has heal debuff + defensive target will be healed for 50% of the heals received by the target
Don't mind the buff, but main issue is 2s cast time on 10s debuff, buff to either here would be better

Move ritual to be top of the mastery trees (13pts->9pts, 9pts->5pts and 5pts->13pts)
This would be a fairly substantial buff to arguably the already best healers, freeing up 2 additional points. Though I suppose it could be an even bigger buff to dps, which don't care for any of the rituals really.

But I'd rather they made them all usable at the same time, but with longer cooldown. As I think the Rituals are a signature ability that should have more emphasis, not less
The current vision of ZL dps, seems to be as a utililty support dps and while i think it does this decently and could be viable with some tweaks.
A switch to full dps would probably require a big rework as ZL is about half of a bad dps.

Pretty sure I posted my own suggestions elsewhere, so won't repeat here, but the list of things that could be improved on zelly is pretty long
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Stinksuit

Post#7 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:20 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:16 am Sorry, but can't say I like these solutions much.
Stinksuit wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:58 pm Divine fury tactic added to harbinger?
One of the main problems of ZL is the very weak offensive tactics, taking the only two worthwhile ones into an ability makes little difference as you have nothing to replace them with

Lower cd on harbinger (10s) would only buff the heal spec and solo, really should be 10s but trigger on both ON and OFF. I find that it's rarely used by hybrids as you want to stay in offense mode otherwise you are just worse heal, maybe if HoTs/DoTs had strength of casted stats, rather than current stats but from my testing (pre-rework) it updates as you switch stance

Don't mind the buff, but main issue is 2s cast time on 10s debuff, buff to either here would be better

This would be a fairly substantial buff to arguably the already best healers, freeing up 2 additional points. Though I suppose it could be an even bigger buff to dps, which don't care for any of the rituals really.

But I'd rather they made them all usable at the same time, but with longer cooldown. As I think the Rituals are a signature ability that should have more emphasis, not less
The current vision of ZL dps, seems to be as a utililty support dps and while i think it does this decently and could be viable with some tweaks.
A switch to full dps would probably require a big rework as ZL is about half of a bad dps.

Pretty sure I posted my own suggestions elsewhere, so won't repeat here, but the list of things that could be improved on zelly is pretty long
I appreciate the feedback. I guess your 1st point doesn't really change much for pure dps (unless we get new tactics in the future but it would affect hybrid so you could actually spec into some healing tactics like blessing of chaos for example. Personally I dont find the 2s on MoM to be that bad since boon is also 2s cast. Having access to all 3 rituals could be nice but I suppose that would mean they're baseline abilities at that point which I guess would be even bigger buff. Atleast I don't see how anyone would spec into all 3 if you actually needed to spend points on them. But all and all thanks for your thoughts and I hope we get to see some good changes in the future :)