Recent Topics

Ads

Community Event - Reckoning Rumble 6v6 Tournament

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
SpacestarKid

Re: Community Event - Reckoning Rumble 6v6 Tournament

Post#11 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:55 pm

Server needs scenario balance, not useless events.
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

Ads
trh382

Post#12 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:07 pm

Thanks for the feedback above, just building on what Hazmy said:

1. The prize structure is focused on participation awards to encourage and reward everyone for coming out. In my view the real upside of ranked is the fun of playing evenly matched games which is best accomplished with a larger team and player pool.

2. The tournament has strict sportsmanship rules and the matches occur in game - which means that players are subject to the RoR Code of Conduct. I am optimistic that this well go a long way to addressing any concerns about toxicity.

3. I considered the need to bracket players by skill level and sweatiness which is why the tournament is using a Swiss format as Hazmy described above and why I have 3 events for sweaty, casual, and RP focused players.

4. I am not aware that any dev or balance team time was spent on this event. I set it up and Hazmy helped me arrange the team support. I agree that number one priority for the server health is addressing some of the bugs/balance issues. Its my understanding that that is where their focus is.

Personally I find 6v6 to be a fun format - even when I don't win! I am hoping that this tournament provides an opportunity for people to get some games in and enjoy the format a bit.

I would also like more people to have access to the ranked insignia rewards which requires that there are opportunities to play ranked games.

Morradin

Post#13 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:17 pm

trh382 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:07 pm I would also like more people to have access to the ranked insignia rewards which requires that there are opportunities to play ranked games.
This right here is why I may jump in a few solo matches. If I get back in time from work.
On a side note, if even after this event ranked does not go anywhere, devs can always add insignia to city loot bags. This will by itself increase city participation by 200% :)

Apocaliptico

Post#14 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:05 am

META event on... I remember, still on live, when the developers said: Our game will never have a META... this isn't live, so it doesn't matter nowadays...

ismetto

Post#15 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:47 am

I wrote a lot, then deleted it. Good luck. Best wishes to everyone.
Live Server Karak Azgal / Norn - Ismetto
RR8X Punisher (Da Magnog Killa)
Youtube

vanbuinen77

Post#16 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:11 am

WarhammerKotbs wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:05 pm Ranked is dead just let it die & move on stop flogging this dead horse
Agreed.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Evilspinnre

Post#17 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:10 am

Morradin wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:17 pm
trh382 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:07 pm I would also like more people to have access to the ranked insignia rewards which requires that there are opportunities to play ranked games.
This right here is why I may jump in a few solo matches. If I get back in time from work.
On a side note, if even after this event ranked does not go anywhere, devs can always add insignia to city loot bags. This will by itself increase city participation by 200% :)
There is no active ranked season so zero insignias from winning matches or leaderboard placement.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

nat3s

Post#18 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:59 am

Not to my personal tastes, but pleased some niche content is getting a look in. Now if there was a solo tournament, now that would rock!
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
Omegus

Post#19 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:29 pm

The beatings bribes will continue until morale participation improves.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

CountTalabecland

Post#20 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 am

With absolute mauling the devs just did to Order in the balance patches, yeah no thanks.

Tournament will be just like Ranked was, but now sans Rampage and with buffed choppa on destro lol, with a special appearance by more bugged than ever WL.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.