Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] A different Absolution spec.

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

[WH] A different Absolution spec.

Post#1 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:34 pm

Another WH spec, wonder if anyone has tried it:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 7,526,8135

The idea is getting off a critted 5 points Absolution as often as possible, with it also insuring Jagged Edge is permanently running on target. And with both Absolution and Torment getting extra dmg from almost fully maxing the Judgment tree.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
reynor007

Re: [WH] A different Absolution spec.

Post#2 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:39 pm

this build makes no sense at all, I won’t explain all the subtleties, just think that if 5 abso is parried...
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Zxul

Post#3 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:19 am

reynor007 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:39 pm this build makes no sense at all, I won’t explain all the subtleties, just think that if 5 abso is parried...
Problem is, with the current Riposte + parry situation I'm starting to wonder if the best build vs mdps /tanks on anything which can be parried is just stacking as high ws as possible, putting slowest possible weapon into mainhand, and not using any abilities at all- just letting the opponent kill himself on your Riposte.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Sever1n

Post#4 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:40 am

Seek absospam build in this section. For duels dragon gun build is core. Other trees for group play and st burst on keytargets, they wont help you with choppas especially in this chopagedon/nerfallorder event.

Zxul

Post#5 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:29 am

Sever1n wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:40 am Seek absospam build in this section.
Yep if you seek it, I was the one who invented the absospam build.
Sever1n wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:40 am For duels dragon gun build is core. Other trees for group play and st burst on keytargets, they wont help you with choppas especially in this chopagedon/nerfallorder event.
And the goal is to came up with a different builds, especially that TBP component of DG build was nerfed twice in abilities patch.

reynor007

Post#6 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:47 am

Zxul wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:29 am
oh lol, so you came up with this assembly
I wonder why then all your new build options look frankly weak...

I'm just one of those thanks to whom this assembly became popular
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Zxul

Post#7 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:31 am

reynor007 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:47 am

viewtopic.php?t=39590

For that matter, I'm also the one that came up with WE RA build, later adopted as WH DG/TBP build.

viewtopic.php?t=41379

Thing is, currently for WH both DG/TBP, and as far as I understand absospam build, were nerfed ( https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=21362 the absospam nerf). DG/TBP still does some dmg, but there is a reason why there are less WHs roaming. So trying to see if there is some possible alt build, I however don't have a WH so can't test it.

Same for WE as well btw, though WE don't have a Bullet build but have the Witchbrew. I do have a 80 WE, tested several possible non Witchbrew builds, but currently only RA build will do comparable dmg to Witchbrew, and that with much more str/ws requirements just to do the same dmg. WE is currently based all around Witchbrew- should it be nerfed, the class will become very average.

Edit: also I wonder about another version of this spec, https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 7,526,8135

Here the idea is to use Prolonged Confession to have both BAL and Jagged Edge permanently running on target, with also 5 points critted Absolution once every 10 sec or so. Or another possibility, once BAL is running, to use Absolution as every second attack, for extra Bullet dmg.

rrrutsss

Post#8 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:04 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:31 am
reynor007 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:47 am

viewtopic.php?t=39590

Seems like you did come up whit it( at least on forums in public and allmost a year before mdpv's first movie) ,but didint get teaction untill mdpv made a video whit that build a year later... and the build blew up.
Couldnt find a WH whit another build for a long time after that vid.

Ads
Sever1n

Post#9 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:03 pm

viewtopic.php?t=46354 my mistake, i meant this guide not the absospam+5tactic healing bullets abuse.

Zxul

Post#10 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:42 pm

Sever1n wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:03 pm viewtopic.php?t=46354 my mistake, i meant this guide not the absospam+5tactic healing bullets abuse.
Yep this guide explains exactly the build I posted more than a year before it. And what 5 tactic are you talking about? The bug didn't exist in 2020.