Recent Topics

Ads

SM 2 tactices should be buffered

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
what63

Re: SM 2 tactices should be buffered

Post#11 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:21 pm

Fey wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:49 pm Any tank without a decent punt is just dead weight.
SM and BO having been meta for everything from 6v6 to warband play at different stages in the past without decent punts would indicate that's far from accurate. It's only true for as long as people neglect that they managed to fill roles outside of CC bots for good chunks of their lives, until someone decided tanks should have only one playstyle, and if they worked outside of that, they needed to be ruined until they didn't.

Ads
Fey

Post#12 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:23 pm

Limited thinking eh? Well you're limited to chewing through guard to kill anything. I you can't separate the guard from the target you're nerfing your dps to %50 effectiveness. For wb sure they're fine. For sc's and 6 man they're not.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

what63

Post#13 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:33 pm

Fey wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:23 pm Limited thinking eh? Well you're limited to chewing through guard to kill anything. I you can't separate the guard from the target you're nerfing your dps to %50 effectiveness. For wb sure they're fine. For sc's and 6 man they're not.
I mean, you're not limited to a single tank though, are you? If we had lived in a world with twice the amount of tank classes per side but only two of them had a punt, there would possibly be merit to a complaint pertaining to tanks lacking punts, as you would far more often end up completely without a punt even when not taking two of the same tank to a party.

However, as the situation stands, all you have to do is not take the same tank twice in a party, and you can punt. If the one option that cannot punt then fills in with utility or damage that makes your remaining punt have greater potential, or offers more pressure outside of punt windows making a punt far more likely to succeed, this is, and was, completely valid.

Keeping in mind again that during periods where they were capable of functioning as such, they were solidly within the meta for SCs/6mans/6v6. Even saw "tournament" play, as far as that was ever a thing on RoR.

zgolec

Post#14 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:02 pm

akisnaakkeli wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:22 am Linecracka/Wez Bigger to have any worth needs speed buff without tactic, at least to yourself if not full grp. Also these new 2h punts. They shouldnt require tactic to be effective. Minimal changes what both need imo. Snb thc back, and Original Absorb Phantoms Blade back to SM.
So KOTBS/Chosen big punt w/o tactic, eh?
Shorter CD implemented as well w/o tactic by just6 using 2h?

I wouldnt mind extra slot for tractic on my ch/kotbs but that would make some ppl cry :P
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

akisnaakkeli

Post#15 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:23 pm

zgolec wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:02 pm
akisnaakkeli wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:22 am Linecracka/Wez Bigger to have any worth needs speed buff without tactic, at least to yourself if not full grp. Also these new 2h punts. They shouldnt require tactic to be effective. Minimal changes what both need imo. Snb thc back, and Original Absorb Phantoms Blade back to SM.
So KOTBS/Chosen big punt w/o tactic, eh?
Shorter CD implemented as well w/o tactic by just6 using 2h?

I wouldnt mind extra slot for tractic on my ch/kotbs but that would make some ppl cry :P
I would actually hope much more original,powerful and unique abilities back instead of making "All tanks need to have Long single punt" like original Runefang,Crippling Strikes,Snb thc blorc with 240 ws buff with tactic. Not lonna list every ability because im tired and would take along time:D Why does BG get Super long punt with 2h reducing it's CD is built in the skill just for using 2h, they also get 2h KD and now even WW and they are the only tank having soft cap toughness in every build with 4 pts. Terrifying Foe best.