Post Ability Rework Balancing Roadmap - Developer Update March 2024.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
agemennon675

Re: Post Ability Rework Balancing Roadmap - Developer Update March 2024.

Post#31 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:57 am

TrainInVain wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:06 am One of my favorite aspects of this game has always been the differences between the factions, and even "mirrored classes." I hope we don't lose that in this standardization of abilities process.
Why is it so horrible to have direct mirrors ? As far as I can see not having mirror classes is creating all of this realm balance cryouts from the community. What is the positives of not having mirrors that I cannot see but everyone seem to like so much ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
hogun

Post#32 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:06 am

agemennon675 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:57 am
TrainInVain wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:06 am One of my favorite aspects of this game has always been the differences between the factions, and even "mirrored classes." I hope we don't lose that in this standardization of abilities process.
Why is it so horrible to have direct mirrors ? As far as I can see not having mirror classes is creating all of this realm balance cryouts from the community. What is the positives of not having mirrors that I cannot see but everyone seem to like so much ?
it's a question of point of view, some people think it's better for balancing to have mirror classes, which seems obvious. but others think like me that the richness of this game is precisely the fact that there are no mirror classes.
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

akisnaakkeli

Post#33 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:14 am

agemennon675 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:57 am
Why would we want lesser and lesser playstyles/classess ffs? also there has never been any true mirrors in this game in 16 yrs so why even think of starting? after 2018 ROR worked better than it does now, for smooth game play reasons and 035s slower gameplay,9 aoe cap back with Aoe HD with no shield dok/wp. Balance shouldnt be perfect and change and always have some weird counter as well but as long as 24 ae cap is not changed, more dps will always win more heal and tanks because 1 dps can now do dmg to 24 it used to take 2.5 players.

All the edges have been smoothened,keep/fort walls started being a safespace when they changed engi/magus rift not puling people from keep/fort doors(it should!) Wl should be able to pounce in mid-air and to higher ground, pet used to be at the enemy when u dropped to from dw bridge and targeted someone before u hit the ground, use pounce,1k AA crit,1k pounce crit,Force opportunity and finish with CS. Pet would actually be at the opponent, 200ft from from bridge not disappearing and actually getting full grp buffs and heals except guard.

hogun

Post#34 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:17 am

When I was looking into the devs (with the Killboard) I think I saw that Bejkon and Zumos have an IB 80+. I hope that's not the case.

if this is the case, it's quite worrying about the expert understanding of the classes that these devs have and their vision of the game.
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Dobzse

Post#35 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:27 am

Looking forward for the changes. Kudos to the RoR team for still putting in alot of effort regardless of the negative feedback and backlash they get from this community. They really did a lot of great changes to tanks in general.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Phantasm

Post#36 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:38 am

Suprisingly people not seeing a real aproach to RoR problem, that some classes are bad in some playstyles. If RoR team want to fix that, im all way in. Maybe finally engies and magi, WHs and WEs will get their place in Warband composition.

It wasnt mention in letter, but I hope balance project is a different one from scenario queue system and both teams progress simultaneously. Right?

CyunUnderis

Post#37 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:04 am

First of all, thank you for finally communicating about the roadmap. It was indeed important to summarize the different messages from the team that were published on the Official Discord as well as on the forum, to give an overall idea of who is part of this Balance Team and to see the different stages.

Unfortunately, I find that we learn nothing. I expected to have reasons for certain changes and to understand where the team wanted to go for each archetype. For example, what is the objective of Phase 1 where the tanks are modified? Why does reducing AoE snares make gameplay more interesting for the team? Was this the only solution considered (reduction of time and efficiency)? The team wants to modify the tanks in what aspect? By giving a unique style to everyone, regardless of the build used while keeping a common core (KD/Punt/Garde/Challenge/Taunt) or on the contrary by smoothing everything (the damage of 2H channeled almost all equivalent now for example) ?

This type of questioning is valid for each archetype and would allow the community to understand what the Balance Team wants to do and what they find interesting or not in the game currently.

I don't expect the team to go into detail going so far as to specifically mention which skills they want to review/modify, if they are thinking of adding new skills or others but at least have the overall trend on each archetype.

I would also like to add that it is interesting to want to make all classes viable in WB, but that this was already more or less the case before the Ability Rework, some, of course since it is the principle of meta , were stronger than others or at least easier to perform with.

In any case, good luck in implementing the upcoming changes.

Scottx125

Post#38 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:24 am

Looking forward to it. Thanks for the update and roadmap.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
WarhammerKotbs
Suspended

Post#39 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:53 am

Shame most of the good players we know & love have left or been banned, lots of them would have been great for the balance team, How about a unban wave of accounts that didnt hax or exploit?

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#40 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:18 am

Phantasm wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:38 am Suprisingly people not seeing a real aproach to RoR problem, that some classes are bad in some playstyles. If RoR team want to fix that, im all way in. Maybe finally engies and magi, WHs and WEs will get their place in Warband composition.

It wasnt mention in letter, but I hope balance project is a different one from scenario queue system and both teams progress simultaneously. Right?
Yes that is the case and the Scenario Queue System is being worked on separately by different Developers along with the Balance Changes.