Recent Topics

Ads

Dev restart the balance to the beginning

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
hogun

Dev restart the balance to the beginning

Post#1 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:11 am

I'm convinced of DEV's goodwill,
but I'm constantly wondering about the choices they've made and I'm really struggling to understand.
You've upgraded many classes and nerfed others, changing skills that throw the balance of Oder/chaos, Melee/range, Magic/physics off balance. WB, small squad, solo. and you're still chasing this balance.
Your last oddity, I'm not talking about L'IB where I hope to hear some news, but I think the subject has already been presented, but Riposte.
You realise that despite a 70% mitigation the riposte in this duel situation does twice as much damage as the best Choppa skill....no one can find that normal.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

the solution for balancing would perhaps be to start from the beginning (AoR) and start again the modification.
Keep the stealth modifications which are a very good job you've done. And don't forget to go back to 9 targets for AEs to reduce Blob fights.
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Ads
akisnaakkeli

Re: Dev restart the balance to the beginning

Post#2 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:49 pm

hogun wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:11 am I'm convinced of DEV's goodwill,
but I'm constantly wondering about the choices they've made and I'm really struggling to understand.
You've upgraded many classes and nerfed others, changing skills that throw the balance of Oder/chaos, Melee/range, Magic/physics off balance. WB, small squad, solo. and you're still chasing this balance.
Your last oddity, I'm not talking about L'IB where I hope to hear some news, but I think the subject has already been presented, but Riposte.
You realise that despite a 70% mitigation the riposte in this duel situation does twice as much damage as the best Choppa skill....no one can find that normal.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

the solution for balancing would perhaps be to start from the beginning (AoR) and start again the modification.
Keep the stealth modifications which are a very good job you've done. And don't forget to go back to 9 targets for AEs to reduce Blob fights.
Remove the 25-50% mechanic dmg on Riposte/Sorc-bw/Wp-Dok grp dmg procs and lastly from wpn's as well. 360dmg proc in wpn can never go over 360 in live. Riposte could crit live i quess that would be worth a try, more fair to all Mdps but i dont remember if crit dmg tactics affected Riposte. I think they did.

And YES back to 9 aoe cap with 50% Heal debuff Tactics for Rp,Zealot and Yes Dok as well or if not DoK then give SE HD without tactic. Give original Guilty Soul tactic that Heals the dmg done but doesnt increase your dmg to DoK. Remove Shields from Dok/Wp and make shield only skills working with dw/2h. Sacrifice should be able to move but 60 sec CD make modifications like that. And biggest difference between full dps vs melee healer will be that 25% Increase in lifetaps Tactic. Keep 3 targets on Divine strike, increase dmg to 150% but heal 75%.

Biggest help for the game and the flow of the battles would be lowering the Gcd to 1.15s again as well. In 10 seconds going from 8 skills to 6 skills is Game Changing.

Ysaran

Post#3 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:08 pm

I get that a lot of ppl are unhappy with the recent changes but I think that the Devs deserve a little more trust. The patches so far focused mainly on core game mechanics (AP, GCD, CCs, and so on) and on tanks. We are still waiting for the balance patches for DDs and Healers. Shouldn't you wait to complaint untill you see the finished product?

The Devs are keeping alive this server for ten years, this must be worth something. If not, than what's the point of investing so much energy in a no profit project such as this one?
Zputadenti

Paxsanarion

Post#4 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:40 pm

The riposte tactic was changed ? I guess I missed it in the patch notes.

CyunUnderis

Post#5 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:42 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:40 pm The riposte tactic was changed ? I guess I missed it in the patch notes.
The ICD is 0.25 since the ability rework, like on live.

Nameless

Post#6 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:48 pm

Many things were changed, most missed by devs themselves cos their starting point for abilities rework was way back.

So imo before all the changes we need to bring as most stable and bugs free environment then bring balance cos now they do balance into corrupted foundation
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

reynor007

Post#7 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:02 pm

I think now the retaliatory strike is more than adequate, perhaps a 0.5 second CD would be better, but even now you can play with it
The main problem is that he gets bonus % damage, which shouldn't happen.
Choppa or Assassin, can do riposte 850 damage, that's insane, now imagine using a channel and 5 out of 6 attacks are parried, you're constantly getting 4000 damage just like that
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Phantasm

Post#8 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:04 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:42 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:40 pm The riposte tactic was changed ? I guess I missed it in the patch notes.
The ICD is 0.25 since the ability rework, like on live.
And its dmg is modified by class mechanics, yesterday I was hit with 600+ riposte from a slayer.

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#9 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:18 am

Ysaran wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:08 pm I get that a lot of ppl are unhappy with the recent changes but I think that the Devs deserve a little more trust. The patches so far focused mainly on core game mechanics (AP, GCD, CCs, and so on) and on tanks. We are still waiting for the balance patches for DDs and Healers. Shouldn't you wait to complaint untill you see the finished product?

The Devs are keeping alive this server for ten years, this must be worth something. If not, than what's the point of investing so much energy in a no profit project such as this one?
Yes. And they did such a fine job on the tanks. Lets recap:

Chosen (best Destro tank already) - buffed
Knight (best Order tank already) - buffed
BG (famously played by someone on balance team) -buffed
Swordmaster - nerfed hard
IB - nerfed
BO - ??? (I'll defer to BO players on this one)

I don't need them to go back to AoR. I just need them to go back to December and start over from there.

Dackjanielz

Post#10 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:53 am

pretty sure BO players are happy.

And yeah you can add Slayer WH WP to the nerfed list, meanwhile Mara n choppa are both sailing high and happy with what they got recently.

WL is meta now and not because its good, but because its all that's left.
Their pet is bugged n broken to hell n back.

Joyous times we live in.