Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] mSW - good suggestion for balance

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
akisnaakkeli

Re: [SW] mSW - good suggestion for balance

Post#11 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:52 pm

Adelmar wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:25 am If they just made Takedown and Shadow Sting 100 feet like the rest of the Skirmish tree, allow BHA in assault stance again, and maybe a melee snare OR snare break, I'd be on cloud nine.

Edit: And this probably will never happen but, having our detaunt be pbaoe only while in assault stance without the use of the tactic would be an immense QoL change and would free up a tactic to be changed by the balance team to something actually useful. A man can dream....
If you are ASW you probably should have 5s aoe detaunt whilst having 15s detaunt on the target. So you could detaunt someone 100ft away for 15s and at the same time have 5s aoe detaunting everyone that is close to you. This should be for healing wp/dok as well because tactic for 5s ae detaunt is useless. Also Swift Strikes had "charge" component on it before ability rework. That was amazing and would be great for Heal AM as well.

I liked 3x bha stacking as well. Also Giving SH Shoot Thru ya original 2s castable while moving 65ft aoe dmg spammable as well, now its M3 for some reason. Melee SW could use a bit more aoe pressure and ranged SH could use a bit more ranged aoe pressure. Making Asw have reliable melee aoe and ranged sh more reliable ranged aoe.

If u ask me there is enough melee aoe on destro not enough ranged aoe and vice versa for order. Imo Destro shouldnt have Pounce or ranged KD(Only order things) as destro does get CoC and only melee aoe KD. Magnet/Rift Pulling people from Wc's/Keeps/Forts, if its within that 75ft ranged you shouldnt be safe. Pls remove WW from BG that tank gets too much goodies, if it HAS to exist on destro then give it to blorc. I still would rather take 240 ws buff and snb thc for black orc than either punt or WW.

Ads
zulnam

Post#12 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:01 am

akisnaakkeli wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:52 pm
Adelmar wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:25 am If they just made Takedown and Shadow Sting 100 feet like the rest of the Skirmish tree, allow BHA in assault stance again, and maybe a melee snare OR snare break, I'd be on cloud nine.

Edit: And this probably will never happen but, having our detaunt be pbaoe only while in assault stance without the use of the tactic would be an immense QoL change and would free up a tactic to be changed by the balance team to something actually useful. A man can dream....
If u ask me there is enough melee aoe on destro not enough ranged aoe and vice versa for order.
Tough one to balance. Both have 6 dps, both have 3 melee and 3 ranged with 1 ranged variation also having a melee build. Where it breaks down is that one is ST focused and one is aoe.

mSH is aoe and has (or at least had) good numbers and also good utility with Bad Gas.

mSW is single target and really can't compete with slayer, wl or wh. Crosscut's 10% crit does not cover for just having another pure dps that usually has it's own ST utility (i guess it has heal debuff but hell who doesn't?)

i have seen cities with a 2H WP in the 6 man group and it worked. And that was before bludgeon's armor penetration. And bastard was melee champion too (wonder if someone up there was looking out for him).

I have never seen a mSW.

Lol i even saw a single target ranged SH. twice.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Astropunk

Post#13 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 am

I'd prefer they give aSW back the AA damage removed in the balance patch. I'll deal with everything else just fine, but I want my AA damage. The last thing I want for balance is for them to give me a longer range arrow, I am in melee range nearly all the time. There's also just no way to give SW a snare break without unbalancing the ranged version of it.

A lot of the great aspects of being an aSW are glossed over here just to talk about what you give up to get them. You can roll a high armor build easily, weaponskill is much easier to get high in, dps burst is consistent because of shorter cooldowns and doesn't require a pet, heal poison that has no recast, and you are also deceptive and confusing and that helps you get the jump on enemies.

But I want my AA damage.

Adelmar

Post#14 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:01 am

Astropunk wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 am I'd prefer they give aSW back the AA damage removed in the balance patch. I'll deal with everything else just fine, but I want my AA damage. The last thing I want for balance is for them to give me a longer range arrow, I am in melee range nearly all the time. There's also just no way to give SW a snare break without unbalancing the ranged version of it.

A lot of the great aspects of being an aSW are glossed over here just to talk about what you give up to get them. You can roll a high armor build easily, weaponskill is much easier to get high in, dps burst is consistent because of shorter cooldowns and doesn't require a pet, heal poison that has no recast, and you are also deceptive and confusing and that helps you get the jump on enemies.

But I want my AA damage.
Yeah, having the assault proc back would be great as well. Basically that, 100 foot snare/SS, and BHA in assault stance would be the top 3 things for me. I agree that ASW is still good even after the nerfs to the spec, but that doesn't mean it doesn't need a bit of help to be great either. My 2 cents.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Wdova

Post#15 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:58 am

knick wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:40 pm First of all i don't like the "mirrow" this or that ability. Classes should stay unique at least in a small way.
Second self heal on all melee classes come with a price. WL need a tactic as WH/WE does. SH have its "self heal" in his aoe path. Slayer Choppa need to be red to feel any impact of their melee heal. So what is the price a SW have to pay for it?
Specifically if you keep in mind that the mSW is no melee class by itself. Sw do stance dance like the marauder.
So we have a strong range class with a okay melee path

Can't be strong in both worlds
I second that. If hybrid classes will be as good as pure classes whats purpose of playing pure classes than?
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ashoris

Post#16 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:13 am

A little bit early to start Balance discussions rn for a specific spec, we clearly got a roadmap shown (where specific specs come last).
But we can also be sure that the SW and especially the aSW will not be forgotten by the Balance Team with one of them being an experienced SW (and especially aSW) Player.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras