Recent Topics

Ads

RE: Tanking PvE

Let's talk about... everything else
Toggle

RE: Tanking PvE

Post#1 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:47 pm

Prior to the ability rework, I was talking with some players about tanking dungeons. They explained that total HP, zero percent chance to be crit, and armor was the deal. You basically didn’t need to worry about anything else (e.g. resists, toughness, etc.). Has that changed since the ability rework or not? Do mobs do non-physical damage sometimes because they have abilities now? Do I need to diversify my defenses? Any and all input would be appreciated!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
Emissary
Community Management

Re: RE: Tanking PvE

Post#2 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:53 pm

No, Toggle everything is still the same. You hit the nail on the head.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Toggle

Post#3 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:25 pm

Emissary wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:53 pm No, Toggle everything is still the same. You hit the nail on the head.
So the ability rework did not add/change types of damage for the mobs? It’s all still physical?
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

anarchypark

Post#4 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:16 am

Trash mobs are now using class abilities.
but being trash it doesn't have much impact.
dungeon bosses are almost same.
I think they're still in making.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Absinth

Post#5 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:41 pm

Toggle wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:47 pm Prior to the ability rework, I was talking with some players about tanking dungeons. They explained that total HP, zero percent chance to be crit, and armor was the deal. You basically didn’t need to worry about anything else (e.g. resists, toughness, etc.). Has that changed since the ability rework or not? Do mobs do non-physical damage sometimes because they have abilities now? Do I need to diversify my defenses? Any and all input would be appreciated!
You nailed it, ability rework did not change that fact except for mobs getting new shiny abilities soo they feel more like an enemy instead of random sponges that you have to kill on your way.
anarchypark wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:16 am Trash mobs are now using class abilities.
but being trash it doesn't have much impact.
dungeon bosses are almost same.
I think they're still in making.
Some dungeon bosses have missing mechanics that are to be added later but right now you have a "beta" version of dungeons just soo people can get their pve gear (somehow everyone hates PVE but the moment PVE vanishes people cry about it hmmm...)
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert