Recent Topics

Ads

DPS DoK Rotation guide video by Dourdenn

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
amaroq

DPS DoK Rotation guide video by Dourdenn

Post#1 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:40 pm

Houndwar on Youtube had asked for a level by level rotation video for DPS DoK as he is currently leveling as one. Honestly DPS DoK rotation is pretty straight forward with a few of "situational" abilities/cds weaved in. If you want to follow my "standard" rotation and just fill it in as you level/unlock the abilities it should work well for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWD4ugT ... l=PhatLyfe

Yes I use sequencer. Yes I am lazy with my rotation. Yes I actually get kills xD

Hope this helps shine some light on any aspiring DPS DoKs and as always good luck and have fun!
Dourdenn - rr8x DoK

Ads
Zxul

Re: DPS DoK Rotation guide video by Dourdenn

Post#2 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:43 am

The question is how much kills do you get vs kiting ams/sws. Or say anything with high parry.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

amaroq

Post#3 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:40 am

Dps AMs and good SWs are always tough. They are basically the counter to DPS DoK. I do get the occasional kill on them though if I am lucky enough to play it well and catch them in making a mistake or two. This often comes down to the inital hit and if I am lucky enough to "bump" into them vs them seeing me coming a mile away for perfect opener/pre kite.

As far as "high parry" classes I am assuming you're speaking to WH/Slayer and tanks as most WLs, to my experience, run burst or regen rather than stacking parry. I tend to do quite well. I have plenty of videos of killing WHs in both 1v1 and 1vX and if anything post recent changes they seem to have gotten easier. There aren't many slayers that scare me in 1v1. A couple tough ones for sure but it generally goes in my favor. Only tank truly capable of having a shot at killing me and not us just walking away from each other in stalemate is the very occasional IB that is full BiS, perfect 1v1 build, and plays their CC and absorb skill PERFECTLY.

Not sure what your fetish is with trolling ppl about "Dps DoK bad" but it really is not a horrible spec in smallscale/sc game play. Is it the best? Prolly not. Is it fun? I think its a blast. Can it still be viable and successful? Absolutely.
Dourdenn - rr8x DoK

Zxul

Post#4 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:36 am

amaroq wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:40 am Dps AMs and good SWs are always tough. They are basically the counter to DPS DoK. I do get the occasional kill on them though if I am lucky enough to play it well and catch them in making a mistake or two. This often comes down to the inital hit and if I am lucky enough to "bump" into them vs them seeing me coming a mile away for perfect opener/pre kite.
Back when I was actively playing dps dok, or for that matter on live, going dps with chalice for sustain did work vs them. Of cause, that meaning lowering dmg output, which is already suffering unless going glass cannon.
amaroq wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:40 amAs far as "high parry" classes I am assuming you're speaking to WH/Slayer and tanks as most WLs, to my experience, run burst or regen rather than stacking parry. I tend to do quite well. I have plenty of videos of killing WHs in both 1v1 and 1vX and if anything post recent changes they seem to have gotten easier. There aren't many slayers that scare me in 1v1. A couple tough ones for sure but it generally goes in my favor. Only tank truly capable of having a shot at killing me and not us just walking away from each other in stalemate is the very occasional IB that is full BiS, perfect 1v1 build, and plays their CC and absorb skill PERFECTLY.
WH/WE were nerfed in the abilities patch- the channel dmg was double nerfed, both the dmg and the armor pen tactic it is benefitting from. WEs at least have Witchbrew spec to lean on, WHs not sure what they have- apparently bullet spec was nerfed in some way as well. Probably a reason why there are less of them around lately.

As for fighting one, too long since I played my dok, but on my WE vs dps wps it was moral drain to get fast to 7 sec 100% parry m1- burst while wp can't heal. WH has a 12 sec 100% parry, so should be even easier. Not sure why WHs try to use something else, perhaps not enough experience vs doks.

As for parry vs other classes, parry was bad back when I actively played dok, now with ws changes ws stacking classes got even more. Haven't played dok in ages, but slayer with 70-80% parry should have a pretty easy time dealing with dok.
amaroq wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:40 amNot sure what your fetish is with trolling ppl about "Dps DoK bad" but it really is not a horrible spec in smallscale/sc game play. Is it the best? Prolly not. Is it fun? I think its a blast. Can it still be viable and successful? Absolutely.
Have one parked long ago, log it in from time to time, compare it to classes that I actually roam on, like magus or chosen, and realize its not happening. On chosen btw killing kiting ams is much more doable. For that matter, for solo roaming I will even take dps zealot over dok every time.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

bw10

Post#5 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:45 am

how do you get 80% parry on slayer?

Zxul

Post#6 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:55 am

bw10 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:45 am how do you get 80% parry on slayer?
700 ws- 21% parry after patch, from what some slayers posted up to 850 ws is possible. Renown- 18%. Dw- 10%. That is already 49%+. Then you get equipment on top, and if there is IB around its another 20% from Oathbound.

For more details, ask slayers which posted stats. https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... 59#p549259

reynor007

Post#7 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:07 am

in the new patch, slayer, of course, easily kills any dok, gkd was removed from riposte, while leaving the rage boost now a good slayer will probably kill any melee dps, including def WE
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

kakaonutella

Post#8 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:02 pm

Does rotation ignore Consume Essence??
Looks like a good self heal

Ads
ravezaar

Post#9 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:24 pm

reynor007 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:07 am in the new patch, slayer, of course, easily kills any dok, gkd was removed from riposte, while leaving the rage boost now a good slayer will probably kill any melee dps, including def WE
same goes for any Mdps using riposte, and its not removed but set to 0.25
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

ravezaar

Post#10 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:26 pm

ravezaar wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:24 pm
reynor007 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:07 am in the new patch, slayer, of course, easily kills any dok, gkd was removed from riposte, while leaving the rage boost now a good slayer will probably kill any melee dps, including def WE
same goes for any Mdps using riposte, and its not removed but set to 0.25. Many classes can specc high parry tho and since Rampage is now completly worthless in 1v1 situations u can do so without issues really
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ