Recent Topics

Ads

Find Da Gobbo! - Hide & Seek Event

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hazmy
Community Management

Post#1 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:00 pm

Hi everyone,

It is once again time to return to the Tier 1 Zones of Nordland and Norsca as part of a new Community Event we would like to announce for this weekend, 24th February!

Rumours are spreading across the Nordland: a vicious group of Night Goblin Agents have infiltrated the Warfront and have secured valuable intelligence. Both the Forces of Order and Destruction have been called to arms to embark on the 'Find Da Gobo' quest, a critical mission to find the hiding Night Goblins and secure said knowledge before it is too late!

Find Da Gobbo is a Hide & Seek Event, where members of the RoR Team will hide in carefully selected hidden PvE Spots and challenge you all to find them for special rewards!

This Community Event will also be accompanied by a RoR Team Livestream on Twitch, where we'll give you further instructions and hints on how to participate - but also hang out with everyone, have fun and answer questions that we're ready and able to!

Find Da Gobbo! Community Event:

Time: 24th February, 19:00 Altdorf Time ( Server Time )
Group Rules: Solo Only
Duration: ~ 1 Hour
Rewards: Exotic Mount Token + Player Rewards
Livestream: https://www.twitch.tv/returnofreckoning/

The Game!

There will be several hiding Gobbos, and each one will reward the first player to find them with an Exotic Mount Token that you can redeem for your favourite mount, or save it for later!

For a list of mounts you can check the list we have previously provided for the Night of Murder Live Event:
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... hp?t=52497

Additionally, some players have also reached out to offer in-game goodies as rewards for the lucky winners, such as potions or dyes!
If you'd like to contribute, prepare something nice for the winners until the weekend and contact us!

"Hardly Fast!" Tier 1 Mounts

We'd also like to remind you all that a new Quest has been added recently to all Chapter 2 hubs called "Hardly Fast". In this quest players will have 45 minutes to complete all three hard public quests in Tier 1 in order to earn a 50% mount that can only be summoned when a player is not flagged for RvR.

We recommend completing this quest as preparation for "Find Da Gobbo!" to increase your chances at winning!

Look forward to the event, and we hope to see many of you there!

WAAAGH!

The RoR Team

Ads
leftayparxoun

Re: Find Da Gobbo! - Hide & Seek Event

Post#2 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:50 pm

Great event idea. Here's a question and a suggestion:

Question: Is every location in Nordland fair play or only those that are supposed to be accessed by normal means? Excluding the areas that can only be accessed due to currently active bugs, there are also quite a lot that can only be accessed via precise jumping around and pathing across slopes that are (probably) not intended to be climbable. Are those areas also fair play?

Suggestion: In case the event gets repeated in the future (which I sure hope it does) you could maybe announce it as a T1 Hide and Seek event and not specify the zones in advance (like Nordland/Norsca in this case). The actual location would be specified at the start of the hour with an in game/discord announcement. This would make things fairer since people at the moment could ''park'' all their characters in various locations in the zones to try and get ahead without having to traverse the entire zone. While this method is mostly fair to everyone (except new players who don't have that many alts), it incentivizes an unfun gameplay (spending 10 mins/character placement + ~40 more to get the fast mount if they are pushing it).

All in all great idea. I hope we will see more similar stuff in the future.
Onlymelee MSH, Onlyhealing Zealot, Onlyhater BG - Entropy and Chaos

"All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride."
The Antigone of Sophocles

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#3 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 pm

leftayparxoun wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:50 pm Great event idea. Here's a question and a suggestion:

Question: Is every location in Nordland fair play or only those that are supposed to be accessed by normal means? Excluding the areas that can only be accessed due to currently active bugs, there are also quite a lot that can only be accessed via precise jumping around and pathing across slopes that are (probably) not intended to be climbable. Are those areas also fair play?

Suggestion: In case the event gets repeated in the future (which I sure hope it does) you could maybe announce it as a T1 Hide and Seek event and not specify the zones in advance (like Nordland/Norsca in this case). The actual location would be specified at the start of the hour with an in game/discord announcement. This would make things fairer since people at the moment could ''park'' all their characters in various locations in the zones to try and get ahead without having to traverse the entire zone. While this method is mostly fair to everyone (except new players who don't have that many alts), it incentivizes an unfun gameplay (spending 10 mins/character placement + ~40 more to get the fast mount if they are pushing it).

All in all great idea. I hope we will see more similar stuff in the future.
Great feedback, and I can answer a few worries!

Since it is our first attempt, we will also learn along with you all how to make sure this event is as fair and fun as possible, but there could be oversights!

1. - Locations will all be fair play for starters, no pixel hunting, bug abusing or anything like that. Simple well hidden places that we found cool or wanted to use for the event. But these rules will be more explained in the Livestreams, as we intend the event to be supervised through the Stream!

2. - For the same reason, parking characters are against the rules and we have set rules such as having to start from the Warcamps where we will initiate each stage of the event, along with other tricks we will use to make sure the event remains fair!
While we did specify Nordland in this case - the multiple hiding spots will all be in a designated area that we will only share live, and so the exact details are not going to be known until the very moment!

Hope that put some of your worries to rest, and thank you for the feedback!

Zxul

Post#4 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:15 pm

Hazmy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:00 pm Rewards: + Player Rewards
And here I was hoping for a sec that I can get an actual players as a little fun toys.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

anarchypark

Post#5 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:08 pm

did i miscalculate global clock, again ?
and missed event, again
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#6 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:15 pm

Congratulations to the winners of the 1st Hide and Seek Event!

The Winners are:

Badgit - Destruction
Khainye - Destruction
Lad - Destruction
Bladen - Order
Kalobust - Order

We will mail the rewards in the following days, also feel free to reward them if you'd like to send them player rewards!
Thank you everyone for joining!

zolio
Community Management

Post#7 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:45 pm

Thank you to everyone who came out to todays Community Event. It was fun and I hope to see you all at are next event.

Also I like to say Thank you to everyone on the Team that helped make this event possible.

warlover

Post#8 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:58 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:08 pm did i miscalculate global clock, again ?
and missed event, again
I too missed it because of the clock stuff, at least when you say 1900 Altdorf time say witch one, that happens 2 times a day on the clock or i could be wrong, but i do think it should be spelled out better for dumb people like me :(

Congratz to the Winners :)

Ads
Krazbag

Post#9 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:01 pm

Green iz da bestest !

Thank you very much for that event, it's that kind of ideas that make fun memories and players fidelity.

anarchypark

Post#10 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:38 pm

server has /time command.
and it's same as google altdorf time.
but twitch or in game chat, nothing was happening at 19:00
it seems event started at 1 hour after. when lotd started.
i hope next event clock is more... clear.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)