Recent Topics

Ads

BO/SM changes to tactics giving bonuses base on the stance.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Ruin

BO/SM changes to tactics giving bonuses base on the stance.

Post#1 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:20 pm

Hello,

With the changes to haw BG tactics have been set in Patch from 19/01/2024, by giving a basic value to them, and then providing additional bonus based on its mechanic, i propose to treat BO and SM simillary.
Their tactics that grants Parry, Block, Dodge, Disrtup and Crit, based on the stance the class is in that momemt, could provide basic bonus when in first stance, then additional bonus in second stance, and max in third stance.

Example: BO Less Stabbin'Me
now: provides Block and Parry in values of 0%-5%-10%
after proposed change: Block and Parry in values of 3%-6%-10%

Ads
Baaldr

Re: BO/SM changes to tactics giving bonuses base on the stance.

Post#2 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:09 pm

I would like to see a redesign of the tactic to give a buff for say 10 seconds that grants the maximum value evrytime you reach the max stage, Currently it just super odd to use it since it's hardly worth anything unless you sit 3rd stage and do nothing.

tazdingo

Post#3 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:24 pm

Baaldr wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:09 pm I would like to see a redesign of the tactic to give a buff for say 10 seconds that grants the maximum value evrytime you reach the max stage, Currently it just super odd to use it since it's hardly worth anything unless you sit 3rd stage and do nothing.
agreed, they've always been a little wonky. shifting down for snare is a common need too so the uptime is terrible in practical scenarios

Aethilmar

Post#4 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:41 pm

Baaldr wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:09 pm I would like to see a redesign of the tactic to give a buff for say 10 seconds that grants the maximum value evrytime you reach the max stage, Currently it just super odd to use it since it's hardly worth anything unless you sit 3rd stage and do nothing.
Yes please.

Can't speak to BO but SM has always been an "offensive tank" and derived its buffs from taking action instead of getting hit. So having tactics that are about staying in a stance instead of embracing the mechanic of changing stance has always been weird.

Moving in this direction would make AP drains particularly onerous to an SM and the natural counter (which is fine since every class should have some counter).

Ruin

Post#5 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:15 am

My idea, was more of a trade of, do i wont to stay in the stance and recive maximum bonus, and mby w8 for CDs to swiftly move back to third stance.
In terms f your proposal in Fight with the 10 sec buff from reaching last stance, players would have easy acces to a constant buff on themselves, so mby makie ot a 5 sec duration in that way if you are interupted or broke the rotation, there is some panalty?

Greatwarden

Post#6 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:08 am

How about an offensive or defensive buff (depending on tactic slotted) that is small but stacks up to five times and is applied at the start of each perfect stance ability?

It would take up to five rotations and at least fifteen abilities to get to maximum potency but it would encourage a stay-in-the-front-lines play style.

Alternatively, it could be a more potent cumulative buff which can be shattered/removed.

rrrutsss

Post#7 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:11 am

Greatwarden wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:08 am How about an offensive or defensive buff (depending on tactic slotted) that is small but stacks up to five times and is applied at the start of each perfect stance ability?

It would take up to five rotations and at least fifteen abilities to get to maximum potency but it would encourage a stay-in-the-front-lines play style.

Alternatively, it could be a more potent cumulative buff which can be shattered/removed.
You dont need to be in frontline or even fight anybody to run trought all the stances....