Recent Topics

Ads

Spam chat

Let's talk about... everything else
Sickesthater

Spam chat

Post#1 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:08 am

Suppose i go onto channel 4 trade chat and i say "i want to sell (handful of filthy hair) for example? And then people are asking me "how much does it cost?" And then i say "i dont know... what is it worth" To me this line of thinking doesnt make sense. Because i just said that i want to sell it on trade chat. And then i practically say i dont know how much to charge you for it. It looks like trolling or spam or nonsense to me. Well technically it is trolling ppl. Should i record the chat and send it in? To have him chat banned.

Ads
Rydiak

Re: Spam chat

Post#2 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:32 am

So you are upset that people are asking how much something is that you are advertising for sale in the trade channel? ....
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Sickesthater

Post#3 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:40 am

huh? as i said... "for example" why would i turn myself in? anyway someone else was doing this. not putting the name here

Haojin

Post#4 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:54 am

Sickesthater wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:08 am Suppose i go onto channel 4 trade chat and i say "i want to sell (handful of filthy hair) for example? And then people are asking me "how much does it cost?" And then i say "i dont know... what is it worth" To me this line of thinking doesnt make sense. Because i just said that i want to sell it on trade chat. And then i practically say i dont know how much to charge you for it. It looks like trolling or spam or nonsense to me. Well technically it is trolling ppl. Should i record the chat and send it in? To have him chat banned.
i agree with my friend. If you want to sell something, you should be the one naming the price, not the buyer.

those who are selling but also asking potential buyers for the price probably have never seen daylight in real life. i highly doubt if they have ever executed a simple trade in groceries. those people are likely lab-fabricated potatoes spending 19 hours in their mothers basement.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Jajcek12

Post#5 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:03 am

Haojin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:54 am
Sickesthater wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:08 am Suppose i go onto channel 4 trade chat and i say "i want to sell (handful of filthy hair) for example? And then people are asking me "how much does it cost?" And then i say "i dont know... what is it worth" To me this line of thinking doesnt make sense. Because i just said that i want to sell it on trade chat. And then i practically say i dont know how much to charge you for it. It looks like trolling or spam or nonsense to me. Well technically it is trolling ppl. Should i record the chat and send it in? To have him chat banned.
i agree with my friend. If you want to sell something, you should be the one naming the price, not the buyer.

those who are selling but also asking potential buyers for the price probably have never seen daylight in real life. i highly doubt if they have ever executed a simple trade in groceries. those people are likely lab-fabricated potatoes spending 19 hours in their mothers basement.

I wouldn't think about it like that.

It can be person who just wan't to make price speculation- like it's happened in real life. Many consumer law in many civilized countries forbids it.(All sellers must show price to the customer)
Person A want to sell item announce the willing to sell item. Person B and C want to buy it.
Couse Person A doesn't show price of item Person B and C make some kind unawere auction. Person A can pick the highest proposal without inform others about price that the other pay for item.

If someone want to cancel potential speculator by reporting troll/spammer- and lure speculation into “bannable” behavior hmm thats not bad idea.
If you want to know if someone woul'd be baned for spaming trying to make price speculation- many players for sure are awere of that speculation and that person will just iritate them. For sure we should spread the info about that and make soccial awereness of that unfair trade.

PS: its also can apply to buyer who say "i want to but item X and don't say how many this person want to pay for it"