Recent Topics

Ads

options for 1vx in current meta

Let's talk about... everything else
kuvktk

options for 1vx in current meta

Post#1 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:36 am

I'm not sure if RoR is the game for it and how much it is more fun than being a part of an unstoppable melee train, but I want to try out a class which can do great at 1vx fightings. Are sham-am/wh-we my only options or is there actually more variety?

Ads
knick

Re: options for 1vx in current meta

Post#2 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:44 am

from a technical point of view you can go with every class for a solo build. some are more easy than other but lion and marauder are also possible as engi or magus.

but 1vsx is in my eyes endgame. you need BiS and a excellent game/class understanding .

importatnt is that you cant build against all. Your build/setup can always handle a certain number of classes but never all
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

live4treasure

Post#3 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:29 am

For 1vX you will want solo regen build tanks with BiS gear.

The limiting factor for kiting classes in this sort of thing is that melee enemies have abilities that make them immune to slows, so as long as you rely on slowing the enemy down and getting away in order to survive, you will have some issues.

For example; if you have 2 melee enemies, one of them can use their charge to reach you, use knockdown or slow, while the other walks to you normally. If you are caught by them, while it's not necessary that you will die from just 2 if you outgear them, as you get more and more your chances approach 0 quickly.

Then you have mara, you have ranged enemies like SH with ranged knockdowns etc. etc. etc.

The point is, to 1vX you need to be really difficult to kill in a direct confrontation, and probably use HP pots, aoe detaunts, you have to make use of flee with ap pots and such. And even then, unless you can just body the enemy (most often as a tank), you only succeed as long as they keep making mistakes for you to exploit.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Ysaran

Post#4 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:55 am

In this game you can win a 1vX only if your enemies are way less skilled than you. If they coordinate their cc you will have no chance to win
Zputadenti

Zxul

Post#5 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:09 am

Ysaran wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:55 am In this game you can win a 1vX only if your enemies are way less skilled than you. If they coordinate their cc you will have no chance to win
And then there is the classic fun of 2 wls delivering front loaded burst during kd in same time.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

ifirex

Post#6 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:56 pm

knick wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:44 am from a technical point of view you can go with every class for a solo build. some are more easy than other but lion and marauder are also possible as engi or magus.

but 1vsx is in my eyes endgame. you need BiS and a excellent game/class understanding .

importatnt is that you cant build against all. Your build/setup can always handle a certain number of classes but never all
Well written, I would also add that when roaming around the battlefield. You are looking for chance encounters. You don't really spend most of your time fighting, patience is key and understanding who is roaming also key. You will quickly learn who you can beat and who you cannot the pilot makes a bigger difference then the class.

If you wanted just a simple ranking of classes you can pubstomp noobs on 1vx(Again having end game gear and having blue pots x4 will greatly increase your success chance(Hp,Hp,Absorb,Ap).
In my opinion with no importance of order in each ranking;
S WE
A+ WH,Lion,Magus,Shaman, AM
A Dps dok/wp,SH,choppa, SW, Slayer, Mara, Engi, BW,
B Sorc/dps Rp

Tanks Will not get even half the amount of solo kills as dps specs because 50% of your kills will escape or evade you somehow. You shine as a tank into people thinking they can fight you head on.

Chosen, BG/BO/SM/IB, Knight

Shima

Post#7 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:16 pm

ifirex wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:56 pm
knick wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:44 am from a technical point of view you can go with every class for a solo build. some are more easy than other but lion and marauder are also possible as engi or magus.

Well written, I would also add that when roaming around the battlefield. You are looking for chance encounters. You don't really spend most of your time fighting, patience is key and understanding who is roaming also key. You will quickly learn who you can beat and who you cannot the pilot makes a bigger difference then the class.

If you wanted just a simple ranking of classes you can pubstomp noobs on 1vx(Again having end game gear and having blue pots x4 will greatly increase your success chance(Hp,Hp,Absorb,Ap).
In my opinion with no importance of order in each ranking;
S WE
A+ WH,Lion,Magus,Shaman, AM
A Dps dok/wp,SH,choppa, SW, Slayer, Mara, Engi, BW,
B Sorc/dps Rp

Tanks Will not get even half the amount of solo kills as dps specs because 50% of your kills will escape or evade you somehow. You shine as a tank into people thinking they can fight you head on.

Chosen, BG/BO/SM/IB, Knight

WL as A+? You are very out of date my friend. Since the patch that changed everything, WL is, with luck a B tier. Not because the class is weak, not that. But because first, the lion pet is broken. It needs serious attention from dev team. Second, the loner tactic is useless in solo roaming and needs a group that will support wl aoe.
Also, 98% of the marauder players don't know how to play this class. I'd put Mara on tier A+ without fear. It can melt a tank easily, what not to say against another dps?
Shammies are A tier. They don't hit like an AM dps. If WL wasn't broken, no Shammie would face a encounter against them. Shammies perform better than AM in group.
This is my opinion tho.Cheers!

Ysaran

Post#8 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:42 pm

I agree that AM performs better than shammy in solo. But shaman in not better in group setting. They heal the same but AM has more utility. I also agree that a well played Mara is A+
Zputadenti

Ads
Ysaran

Post#9 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:45 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:09 am
Ysaran wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:55 am In this game you can win a 1vX only if your enemies are way less skilled than you. If they coordinate their cc you will have no chance to win
And then there is the classic fun of 2 wls delivering front loaded burst during kd in same time.
I have no problems with WL doing that. You can always try to stay out of their range. What I think should be illegal is having 2 or 3 stealthed WH popping on you. I have 450 in on my shaman ad I can NEVER EVER spot them
Zputadenti

Bozzax

Post#10 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:17 pm

Or you can use stats instead of guesses
https://www.rvrstats.additionweb.co.uk/

A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7