Recent Topics

Ads

End the "Auto-interrupt Macro" conspiracy theory.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
lolwut

End the "Auto-interrupt Macro" conspiracy theory.

Post#1 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:50 pm

Anyone who plays any class with channeled abilities had experienced their channels being interrupted 0.05 seconds after they started casting them. While it should be attributed to prevalence of variety of AoE interrupts in mass fights, many insist on existence of some sort of auto-interrupt macro. Given that there is no way to use any active abilities automatically via addons or macros, the only way that could be achieved would be plain old cheats, as in a separate program that injects its code into the client, intercepts data packets and acts out on behalf of the user. I personally do not believe that something so prevalent in use would not leak in any shape or form, but people keep insisting that they are being played unfairly against, and I am sick and tired of hearing it.

Suggestion:
Currently, I believe, every time your cast is interrupted, message "Your ability was interrupted" gets shown on screen and logged in combat log.
If it was changed to "Your ability was interrupted by [Character Name]'s [Ability Name]," people would either:
a) learn that there are multiple sources of AoE interrupts that get used on engage in any mass fight
b) find mongoose-reaction tanks who target you in a blob and instantly taunt as soon you press your channel button, and report them for investigation
Either is better than what we currently have.
Ain't Nobody Gafflin Me.

Ads
Albais

Re: End the "Auto-interrupt Macro" conspiracy theory.

Post#2 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:22 pm

I'd reckon that a good portion of the 'almost instant' interrupts of channeling abilities are probably due to the spread of the RetAlert addon.
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund

geezereur

Post#3 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:22 pm

Yeah this is really screws my dps wp they should intterupt without help of this stupid addon.

Omegus

Post#4 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:31 pm

0.05 seconds is impressive seeing as the person trying to interrupt is still subject to the GCD.

As the vile person who made the add-on that alerts you when you're getting hit by Retribution - which I know full well had been modified by others to include most/all other channels, having a big image flash up on screen and the sound effect of a female dwarf turning into a chicken spammed for every hit you take is enough to get people to press the interrupt button pretty quick.

There was/is also some bugs regarding channelled abilities breaking too easily due to LOS/range, as well as some breaking in error when you take damage. Those are on the bug tracker.

Finally, it absolutely is still possible to automate abilities via the addon system. Recreating full nerfed-button level of automation "legitimately" is very very difficult but using/blocking certain abilities still possible with enough time and effort. Or, people are modding the client files which was reported years ago (the devs know which ones as it's the same ones they modified).
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Scottx125

Post#5 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:22 pm

As I've said, we need developer only approved addons to stop this nonsense. Anyone not using developer approved addons should be banned.
Last edited by Scottx125 on Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

ravezaar

Post#6 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:57 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:22 pm As I've said, we need developer only approved addons to stop this non-sense. Anyone not using developer approved addons should be banned.
Agree
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Ruin

Post#7 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:10 pm

NP still alive?

Omegus

Post#8 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:17 am

Scottx125 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:22 pm As I've said, we need developer only approved addons to stop this non-sense. Anyone not using developer approved addons should be banned.
100% unenforceable, and that is not an uninformed hyperbolic statement.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
oaliaen

Post#9 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:04 am

Ruin wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:10 pmNP still alive?
probably for some, yes

bw10

Post#10 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:27 am

Ruin wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:10 pmNP still alive?
nb? very much alive. only few people got access to it tho:)