Recent Topics

Ads

Stat changes and parry - mabe overtuned?

Let's talk about... everything else
Mandodlenn

Re: Stat changes and parry - mabe overtuned?

Post#11 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:13 pm

amaroq wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:58 pm With stacking WS they are getting ~24-26% parry form the stat + upwards of 56-60% parry from rr/gear/sent tali etc. Giviing them 80%+ parry. Even at max str of 1050 you're only getting 10-11% strikethrough giving them 70%+ parry effectively
I get the 24-26% Parry from WS but could you please detail how to get +56-60% from rr gear etc ? I can understand +18% from RR, maybe +6% from Tali (also usually WS or Crit), and the remaining 30-40% from what?
Just curious, I seem to be missing a lot of parry stat.

Ads
Rotgut

Post#12 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:21 pm

Mandodlenn wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:13 pm
amaroq wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:58 pm With stacking WS they are getting ~24-26% parry form the stat + upwards of 56-60% parry from rr/gear/sent tali etc. Giviing them 80%+ parry. Even at max str of 1050 you're only getting 10-11% strikethrough giving them 70%+ parry effectively
I get the 24-26% Parry from WS but could you please detail how to get +56-60% from rr gear etc ? I can understand +18% from RR, maybe +6% from Tali (also usually WS or Crit), and the remaining 30-40% from what?
They are either talking about 2h Tanks, which i don't know enough about, or talking about Slayers buffed by an IB.

~25% from Stats (BiS Slayer with Tri Proc will have around 850 WS)
18% from Reflexes
10% From Dual Wield (which is currently bugged and not happening, but its been acknowledged as a bug and its supposedly getting fixed)
20% From Ironbreaker buff

And you'll have Slayers with 73% Parry running around.

But the important part is knowing that classes that stack a certain stat got around ~10% harder to hit by w/e Avoidance that stat gives, and also that there is very little point in spending Renown Points on an Avoidance you don't already have a lot of. The value you get from going full Deft Defender as a Slayer for example, when u consider the new Strikethrough, went down by around 40%.

Detangler

Post#13 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:46 am

how much parry do they have at the sides and back?

Seriously, tho. I'm curious how these changes will all stack up in a few months. People been begging for years for a meta shakeup.

Well, here's that meta shakeup you all were wanting.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

tazdingo

Post#14 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:28 am

any tank that was trying to cc a big mdps from the front deserves to get parried

georgehabadasher

Post#15 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:11 am

Was the 10% parry bonus for dual wield removed or modified? Paperdoll doesn't show a bonus from dual wield, but getstats does.

amaroq

Post#16 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:13 am

Mandodlenn wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:13 pm
My choppa is far from BiS and is not even high rr and my paper doll parry is currently 40%(from getstats) + 23% from my current WS (no procs/buffs) and add in another 10% once DW bonus is fixed.
A BiS slayer/chop, add in WS proc from meta triump 4pc(which in aoe situations is going to proc often enough to be relevant), and if you really want to add in the IB buff that most order comps will have and you're going to see parry reach up into the 70%-80 rather easily. Even choppas without the IB buff should be fine reaching 70%.
You have gen jewels with parry%, gb jewel parry%, the odd piece of gear(iirc 1 or 2 pieces of end game<tri/sov>) also comes with some parry%, 6% from sent tali, then add in the WS/RR/procs/buffs and it gets out of hand rather quick.
Dourdenn - rr8x DoK

Mandodlenn

Post#17 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:22 am

amaroq wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:13 amMy choppa is far from BiS and is not even high rr and my paper doll parry is currently 40%(from getstats) + 23% from my current WS (no procs/buffs) and add in another 10% once DW bonus is fixed.
A BiS slayer/chop, add in WS proc from meta triump 4pc(which in aoe situations is going to proc often enough to be relevant), and if you really want to add in the IB buff that most order comps will have and you're going to see parry reach up into the 70%-80 rather easily. Even choppas without the IB buff should be fine reaching 70%.
You have gen jewels with parry%, gb jewel parry%, the odd piece of gear(iirc 1 or 2 pieces of end game<tri/sov>) also comes with some parry%, 6% from sent tali, then add in the WS/RR/procs/buffs and it gets out of hand rather quick.
Actually, none of the BiS gear for Choppa/Slayer has +Parry%, at least judging by the Killboard armory.
Now, maybe you are speaking of solo specced Choppa/Slayer, for which building for high Parry might be a thing?

This of course from pre-patch meta, maybe with current changes full Parry specced mdps, rather than max damage, might become a thing in wb play.

Toshutkidup

Post#18 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:35 am

Mandodlenn wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:22 am
amaroq wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:13 amMy choppa is far from BiS and is not even high rr and my paper doll parry is currently 40%(from getstats) + 23% from my current WS (no procs/buffs) and add in another 10% once DW bonus is fixed.
Actually, none of the BiS gear for Choppa/Slayer has +Parry%, at least judging by the Killboard armory.
Now, maybe you are speaking of solo specced Choppa/Slayer, for which building for high Parry might be a thing?

This of course from pre-patch meta, maybe with current changes full Parry specced mdps, rather than max damage, might become a thing in wb play.

I might be one of the few solo slayers that still run parry build+Riposte tactic. After stat rework my current parry with lini’s + jewels etc is 65% , with proc it’s 70%. So that’s 1035str and I’m about 850 ws w/o proc.BUT my melee crit is 7% , only have FS 2 , dodge is about 8% , disrupt is only about 13% and wounds 830 and finally my chance to be crit is about 5.5%. Btw I run full 23+ WS , WS 5, parry 5 for RR points.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
agemennon675

Post#19 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:22 am

Detangler wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:46 am how much parry do they have at the sides and back?

Seriously, tho. I'm curious how these changes will all stack up in a few months. People been begging for years for a meta shakeup.

How is this a meta shakeup ? SL was the best dps order had its still the best dps that is being stacked, meta is still the same
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Detangler

Post#20 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:09 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:22 am
Detangler wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:46 am how much parry do they have at the sides and back?

How is this a meta shakeup ? SL was the best dps order had its still the best dps that is being stacked, meta is still the same
Healers have high disrupt making them harder to kill for rdps. Rdps get free 10% strikethrough, so they get to kill rdps easier. mdps get high parry, making them hard to kill from the front.

its more than just what is discussed in this thread. read any patch notes lately?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable