Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman/AM nerf?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Bozzax

Re: Shaman/AM nerf?

Post#51 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:12 am

It is passive (shmans trade heals for morale and can’t normally fire it off freely. Shamans are gcd squeezed at least I am)
It pumps out of group
CDR amps it (both spread and pump vale)
Can pre buff group (no hits req)
1 morale slot
Inc your own survival since AM is highly dependent on morales for defence (at leas I rely more on morales compared to shmy)

Best AM tactic in game imho
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Kerayes

Post#52 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:26 am

Bozzax wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:12 am It is passive (shmans trade heals for morale and can’t normally fire it off freely. Shamans are gcd squeezed at least I am)
It pumps out of group
CDR amps it (both spread and pump vale)
Can pre buff group (no hits req)
1 morale slot
Inc your own survival since AM is highly dependent on morales for defence (at leas I rely more on morales compared to shmy)

Best AM tactic in game imho
I agry with you, but destro wbs always get morales before order wbs even if AM has better morale pump than shaman. If you put the shaman's morale pump at the same level, the gap between the two factions would be even bigger about getting morales and it's really not necesssary right now...

AM is played because Order needs to fill obvious weaknesses with morale pump and puddle. Destro doesn't really need shamans because others destro classes already have stacking snares and/or morale pump.

Try to look at both factions and not just only one class with his mirror twin.

And are you playing both factions ? Because when i play destro healer i feel safe, mobile and tanky (because i really am).
But when i'm Order, i'm always afraid to be too close because of mara mount+charge+kd, mara pull, perma snare, flanks and not much mobility and no tankyness to deal with them. So spells like EoV are way way more difficult/dangerous to use.

But you need to play both factions to know that. and if you do, i just don't understand your intervention.

Bozzax

Post#53 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:25 am

Yep I play both at max level and I don’t feel weaker at all on order side
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

PROsiak

Post#54 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:26 am

What do u even guys trade for this morale pump tactic?
RoR.builders - Archmage
I'm running this skill mastery setup with +2 sov and none of the other abilites seems worth dropping off. I understand mby in specific scenario wb vs wb silence could be traded for morale pump, but im too lazy changing my setups every time i want to play differently and on smaller scale fights i consider 5s silence to be far more superior.

Ysaran

Post#55 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:17 am

PROsiak wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:26 am What do u even guys trade for this morale pump tactic?
RoR.builders - Archmage
I'm running this skill mastery setup with +2 sov and none of the other abilites seems worth dropping off. I understand mby in specific scenario wb vs wb silence could be traded for morale pump, but im too lazy changing my setups every time i want to play differently and on smaller scale fights i consider 5s silence to be far more superior.
I usaully drop the channel in the 1st tree. I also don't take the sov +2 and mix the sets to get a bit more wounds. Changing the spec is bothersome, but also inevittable. There is no spec that is good for every set up. Party and wb require very different approaches
Zputadenti

PROsiak

Post#56 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:28 am

Ysaran wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:17 am I usaully drop the channel in the 1st tree. I also don't take the sov +2 and mix the sets to get a bit more wounds. Changing the spec is bothersome, but also inevittable. There is no spec that is good for every set up. Party and wb require very different approaches
Too bad i was playing for months without Funnel essence, but once i tried it out i can't live without it :( I miss Storms of Cronos tho ..
But apart from that with the spec that im running i don't have to adjust much beetwen different playstyles. I only swap m2 from FM to Blinding Light in bigger rvr scenarios. IF i had that one more point to spare, surerly i would pick morale pump as my last tactic over let's say isha's encouragement, but that is the prize i choose to pay for going that type of build.

Ysaran

Post#57 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:32 am

PROsiak wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:28 am
Ysaran wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:17 am I usaully drop the channel in the 1st tree. I also don't take the sov +2 and mix the sets to get a bit more wounds. Changing the spec is bothersome, but also inevittable. There is no spec that is good for every set up. Party and wb require very different approaches
Too bad i was playing for months without Funnel essence, but once i tried it out i can't live without it :( I miss Storms of Cronos tho ..
But apart from that with the spec that im running i don't have to adjust much beetwen different playstyles. I only swap m2 from FM to Blinding Light in bigger rvr scenarios. IF i had that one more point to spare, surerly i would pick morale pump as my last tactic over let's say isha's encouragement, but that is the prize i choose to pay for going that type of build.
morale pump is good for organized wb, but it pretty much useles in small scale, scenarios and pug wbs. I use it only in organized wb, where funnel essence has a lesser impact. Wild healing is also very good, even after the nerf.
Zputadenti

Alubert

Post#58 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:20 am

Morale pump on healers except dok/wp is usless.
Shamy/AM, RP/Zeal use only m1 or FM.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Ads
Nameless

Post#59 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:45 pm

Shaman m4 is one of the best group morals ingame. Not sure it is working on ror by same way but on live you could reduce the enemy dmg to 1 by timming m4, auto detaunt and detaunt skill
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

akisnaakkeli

Post#60 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:27 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:35 pm
akisnaakkeli wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:45 pm
Ysaran wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:59 am

Ok, that's not a bug but the actual mechanic. On live, each stack of the mechanic decresed the cast time of your skills by 20%, up to insta cast with 5 stacks, and all the stacks were consumed at once. On RoR the mechanic is different. Each stack reduces cast time by 40% and you only consume one stack for each casted skill. On RoR the mechanic do other things. It deacrease the CD, increases the heal and damage, and reduces AP cost. I don't know if on Live the mechanic did other things beside decreasing the cast time.

Now, said that, the mechins IS bugged. If you collects some stacks of mechanic and the you mount up on your loyal wolf then the mechanc will not decrease untill you cast a spell the make it decrease (so if you casted 5 healing skill and then mounted up the mechanic will not decrease untill you cast a damage skill).
On pts before ability rework if i remember correctly, it worked like live and every stack was 20% cast time reduction and with 5 stack instant cast. Also grp heal/fodg gave points for everyone healed so if full grp and you do grp heal with 5 dps points so its instant and the amount of people you heal with the spell you lost same amount of stacks so from 5dps to 2heal points.

In pts it worked like that, is how it works now intended change or is it bugged
How it works now on the main server is the intended way. Hopefully, the will revert back to live mechanic in future patches. Do you know if the mechanic on pts also increase/decreased damage/heal, AP cost or other parameters?
(Right now cleanse CD us decreased by 40% by mechanic, i.e. from 5s to 3s)
It did decrease cast time to another way every point is 20% so instant dps skill cast with 5 heal which means that with fodg you could have easy 5 dps stacks and insta grp heal after etc. Imo Cleanse CD should be 3s and it would be instant with points/cd reducer. So Am/Shammy dont "need" CD reducer to fully work,Also not a fan needing rr 70 to have all the necessary skills for healing. Swith fodg with 5s silence and then you would be good with rr50.

Am should be able to move if you have dps points when casting Funnel Essence. And yes the Shaman Feelz no Pain m4 is very good, as is Archmage M4 15s 3600absorb for grp + hot as well.