Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman/AM nerf?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
bw10

Re: Shaman/AM nerf?

Post#21 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:23 pm

Ysaran wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:12 pm
bw10 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:34 am
Ysaran wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:46 am To fix the mechanic I think it would be enough to revert it to the live version. Every stack of waaaagh! will decrease AP cost and cast time and increase the damage of the appropriate skill by 20% per stack and the skill will consume every stack available.
the live version seems fine. why was it changed at all?
Don't know. never played shaman on live. Guess they tought it was OP. Or maybe it was also ignored on live and so they thought they could do better.
seems better than the current iteration where youll immediatly stuck with 5 stacks for spells you dont want to cast at all

Ads
Ysaran

Post#22 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:13 pm

bw10 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:23 pm
bw10 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:34 am

the live version seems fine. why was it changed at all?
Don't know. never played shaman on live. Guess they tought it was OP. Or maybe it was also ignored on live and so they thought they could do better.
seems better than the current iteration where youll immediatly stuck with 5 stacks for spells you dont want to cast at all
If you start the fight with a dot and then alternate between a healing skil (Gork'll Fix It, Gather Round, Bigger, Better and Greener) and another dot you are stuck with increased healing. But you are still wasting half of your GCD for a 40% bonus. Also this works only until you don't have to start to employ all your GCD for healing. The actual mechanic is not unleverageble, it just very ignorable.
Zputadenti

bw10

Post#23 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:29 pm

Ysaran wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:13 pm
bw10 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:23 pm
If you start the fight with a dot and then alternate between a healing skil (Gork'll Fix It, Gather Round, Bigger, Better and Greener) and another dot you are stuck with increased healing. But you are still wasting half of your GCD for a 40% bonus. Also this works only until you don't have to start to employ all your GCD for healing. The actual mechanic is not unleverageble, it just very ignorable.
its straight out better to ignore mechanic and spend every gcd on healing. i am having a hard time wrapping my head around why ignoring career mechanic has been optimal play for years

Kerayes

Post#24 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:34 am

I think stacks should be separate with maybe a maximum of 3 of each to avoid being to much powerfull. All 3 spec would be playable (heal, dps AND hybrid).

Fey

Post#25 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:44 am

It's probably best if it's three points total. Mork, neutral, Gork. Five at most. 11 points with this current mechanic iteration just doesn't work.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ysaran

Post#26 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:08 am

the current mechanic is 10 point. when you have 1 gork and cast a spell you directly to 1 mork. honestly, i don't want the neutral stance. going from 1 mork to 1 gork directly is way better
Zputadenti

PROsiak

Post#27 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:41 am

Having 5 stacks max is only useful for EoV/FoDG spec i guess. With CD buff u can actually consume all 5 right side points. I mean, you could consume, now it rarely happens that without ability to move you can cast few consecutive EoVs.

Ysaran

Post#28 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:40 am

PROsiak wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:41 am Having 5 stacks max is only useful for EoV/FoDG spec i guess. With CD buff u can actually consume all 5 right side points. I mean, you could consume, now it rarely happens that without ability to move you can cast few consecutive EoVs.
yeah, with the CD buff FoDG is very good even stationary. The problem is the "with CD buff". That's the condition you need and you have no control on it. It is not a matter of positioning, timing or personal skill. And what about without CD buff? It is like saying tha shaman is a good healer only if there is the full moon.
Zputadenti

Ads
JohnnyWayne

Post#29 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:01 am

Not to forget that WW got nerfed, CF did not. Yet. Still.. AMs were already the weakest heal outside of zerg vs zerg scenarios as they are just too squishy (and can not kite as well as shamans) (also 200 toughness are like 10% dmg reduction). If you nerf their heal output, fix their survivability.

With EoV and WW nerfed, I'd want to see another option to spend class mechanic stacks. We used to have a base healing on balance essnce, depending on willpower. I'd love for that to make a return. Same to be mirrored on shaman of course.

Kloaner

Post#30 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:41 pm

Healoutput is ok for AM. Surv was always a challenge when 80% of your Dps is Range and tries to hide behind you, but you have M1 and Detaunt Tac.

Biggest Problem for both is that they don't have anything important for the Group beside a Moralbuff. RP has 2 easy Ways to boost AP, HP Buff, Armorbuff and Debuff, Stun, Absorb, +25% Heal, so why should you bring a AM? With the Buff on WP he should be the better second Spot in RVR and in PVE you have a solo RP or a RP + Shield Priest.

So buffing only Heal (like the bullshit Random Hot) or DMG will be always just a cover-up.
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK