Recent Topics

Ads

After the nerf/patch SM's how are you.........

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aethilmar

Re: After the nerf/patch SM's how are you.........

Post#41 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:25 am

Yeah. 2H tank is pretty much functionally dead at this point and the only proc worth anything for the class at the moment is tied to the Khaine path. I have no idea what they were thinking of with these changes where they nerf survivability, utility and damage on a class that was at best the #2 Order tank and at best the #3 tank overall in the game (and likely much worse).

Anyway, I don't play it as a tank anymore. It is merely a low-damage mdps with some extra group mitigation abilities. Folks that want to play it as a shield tank are, of course, welcome to give it a go but especially with the WW nerf you have better options in IB and, ofc, Knight.

Ads
spikespiegel84

Post#42 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:52 am

Played a bit with my 2h SM.
Definitely no longer fun.
Never felt the class as tanky as BO or Chosen, and played chosen for years.
Perhaps part of a longer road map of changes, but he'll be on bench until further notice. Raising a KotBS on Order and a BG on destro. Perhaps I'll find some fun on BG as 2h tank

lemao

Post#43 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:42 am

There is no benefit bringing a 2h sm over an ib to your 6 man anymore.
WW = nerfed
Channel dmg = nerfed
New st punt = way weaker compared to BO punt

Gladiolix

Post#44 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:05 am

lemao wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:42 am New st punt = way weaker compared to BO punt
I thought the punts are exactly the same, they're not?
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Sever1n

Post#45 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:55 am

Angle is **** and even with tactics its not so strong. In addition its very hard to use, cos while you understand in wich stance are u and click buttons to fix it targed will change position.

Nekkma

Post#46 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:00 pm

Sever1n wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:55 am Angle is **** and even with tactics its not so strong. In addition its very hard to use, cos while you understand in wich stance are u and click buttons to fix it targed will change position.
Yeah, given how it is limited to stance (with the additional hassle that means) it should not require a tactic imo. Make it no stance and keep tactic or keep stance and incorporate tactic (distance) in the ability.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Farrul

Post#47 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:20 pm

2H SM is more or less a ruined spec in RvR outside of some solo roaming shenanigans.
CD on Wods was the worst possible balance descision considering all the cc & interrupt destro got. The effect could have been lowered a bit or AP cost increase(imho not necessary ) but CD was a death sentence to the 2H SM survivability. SM is to squishy compared to other tanks and whithout a reliable Wods its just sad to watch.

Farrul

Post#48 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:37 pm

Nekkma wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:00 pmYeah, given how it is limited to stance (with the additional hassle that means) it should not require a tactic imo. Make it no stance and keep tactic or keep stance and incorporate tactic (distance) in the ability.
BO/SM punt should definitely be removed from stances, it is clunky to utililize well and super annoying since it messes up stance dancing.

The angle is off on several punt requiring tactics, they need to behave like the BG/IB ones. P.S. BG not requiring a tactic at all whilst having the by far most potent effect is another balance enigma.

Ads
PROsiak

Post#49 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:41 pm

What i would like to add is that in my opinion the current iteration of SM's punt kinda goes against the whole concept of "punts being essential tools of a tank, so every tank should have one". This punt without tactic could be treated just like BO's little punt that doesn't trigger immunity (okay im exaggerating a bit, but it's really that bad). So to be anywhat useful (and still nothing great) it requires a tactic and a proper stance as well, which limits its usefulness and availability (and further nerfs SM as a class that now has 1 tactic slot less at his disposal). I just hope this wont be left as is, some good suggestions have been made on how to approach it, so i'm not gonna engage in "what could be done" department

Cyrylius

Post#50 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:44 am

At any given moment you are at most 1 gcd away from the punt and with stance shift you always have it ready. "Too complicated, please buff" must be the most pathetic reason for balance change I've seen on this forum, and I have seen much more than my sanity would prefer.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.