Ads

Patch Notes 19/01/2024

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Automation

Re: Patch Notes 19/01/2024

Post#81 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:13 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:20 pm
ravezaar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:13 pm only issue I have with mara is aoe KD now is Monstro only

BO clear winner of patch, nice to see balance quite often now tho in case u dont like something next is just around the corner so purpose of skill reowrk seems to work.
like for real... brutality spec is dead. What else do we get when we go to 13pts brut spec? we cant have armour debuff since sav req and we cant go aoe kd since monstro req. in fact, the only other skill we can get for brutality specc is 13pts up in sav skill tree, wtf?
but who am I to cry... there are classes with useless skilltrees for ages :/
I havent played in a while and unless they changed something regarding stance dance, this seems like a very nice buff actually.
I dont know if you always stay just in 1 main stance?
Youre playing the class wrong.
Debuff with savagery -> swap to brut for burst

Ads
vladerethro

Post#82 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:14 pm

Good to see all those recent patches, gj.

Maybe we'll see a more interesting rvr soon, too much wc camping and aoe spam atm, but i have good hopes.

thanks for you work

Aethilmar

Post#83 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:28 pm

Nekkma wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:23 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:34 pm

Out of curiosity, do the single target shield channels for other tanks have a cooldown on them? If not, seems a bit unfair to target WoDS this way. If so, makes some sense for parity.
The BO one got the same cd with this patch. Not really needed for either if you ask me but not really gamebreaking either.
Thanks. Not really going to hurt shield tanks (as much) since they are already shield tanks and generally specced for passive defense. But if you are 2H SM you are already less tanky by default and this is really going to open up kill windows under pressure.

But see how it plays then I'll complain for real. :D

diegomess

Post#84 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:29 pm

if IB was the tank with the most burst in the game i wonder how big is gonna be now, they dwarves have a superior rugged now. kobs vigilance buff is crazy as well thats a huge dmg reduction basically renders greenies dmg crit tactic useless for all his grp hell all destro by just pressing a button.

dont understand the huge dmg nerf of BG channel

good changes for BO and SM but... hell the punty season is comming this is gonna be annoying
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Omegus

Post#85 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:07 am

diegomess wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:29 pmdont understand the huge dmg nerf of BG channel
There's a charge in discord which shows how much more damage it was doing compared to other channels, and also just how poor the KOTBS channel was before the patch.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Rotgut

Post#86 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:57 am

Revert Winds nerf. Not only it made WHs and SWs not viable in WBs, which is lame on its own, it nerfed Order's only answer to Destro's superior morale gain in the Barrage spam.

Don't let Gravord shape the whole meta, Devs. I'm sure a lot of his suggestions are good, but this one is a miss.

Buffing Mara's dmg - which is also Destro's morale drain class - while making SWs unplayable in WBs is gonna break the game towards Destro just like GTDC ball used to, because of how important Morale timings are. Destro had more kills for years during EU Prime - every xrealming guild also had better performance on Destro so its not a "player skill issue" - and it was due to the GTDC ball, cuz when it got nerfed, it evened out.

Now when it swings back to Destro again, its gonna be cuz of WWs nerf that effectively made Destro's faster morale gain even better.

Fey

Post#87 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:41 am

Can a number nerd put %20 reduced crit damage into context vs. %20 reduced crit chance? %20 reduced crit chance on one tactic or ability is nuts. How good is %20 reduced crit damage?
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

UnspeakableOath

Post#88 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:05 am

Rotgut wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:57 am Revert Winds nerf. Not only it made WHs and SWs not viable in WBs, which is lame on its own, it nerfed Order's only answer to Destro's superior morale gain in the Barrage spam.

Don't let Gravord shape the whole meta, Devs. I'm sure a lot of his suggestions are good, but this one is a miss.
This horse has already left the barn, I'm afraid.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#89 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:14 am

Aethilmar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:28 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:34 pm

Out of curiosity, do the single target shield channels for other tanks have a cooldown on them? If not, seems a bit unfair to target WoDS this way. If so, makes some sense for parity.
The BO one got the same cd with this patch. Not really needed for either if you ask me but not really gamebreaking either.
Thanks. Not really going to hurt shield tanks (as much) since they are already shield tanks and generally specced for passive defense. But if you are 2H SM you are already less tanky by default and this is really going to open up kill windows under pressure.

it has completely destroyed the loudmouf funnel troll build alongside the changes to da greenest

+ the 100+ft rift/magnet builds gone (honestly who ever complained about this) means quite a few fun off meta builds seem to have been the collateral in these last few patches in the name of increasing homogeneity and balance... i don't wanna complain about the new ability system or the return of regular balance patches i just hope this is paid more heed going forward. this isn't wrath of heroes

Aethilmar

Post#90 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:39 am

tazdingo wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:14 am
Aethilmar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:28 pm

it has completely destroyed the loudmouf funnel troll build alongside the changes to da greenest

+ the 100+ft rift/magnet builds gone (honestly who ever complained about this) means quite a few fun off meta builds seem to have been the collateral in these last few patches in the name of increasing homogeneity and balance... i don't wanna complain about the new ability system or the return of regular balance patches i just hope this is paid more heed going forward. this isn't wrath of heroes
Fair enough. Didn't mean to downplay your loss, just meant to point out 2H SM is much more vulnerable than before.

I played it a bunch tonight. Punt was very useful. But not so useful I wouldn't rather have the previous version of SM back. The defensive channel cooldown was just a total kick in the nads. Already gets cancelled out a bunch with all the interrupts flying around and you need it most in a pack of enemies when there is lots of random stuff flying around. I would say it has lost about half its utility.

And you are right that there is some kind of weird drive to homogeneity with these changes. Honestly I think the folks working on balance think of tanks with a WoW sensibility and not a WAR sensibility. But ... hey ... their playground.