Recent Topics

Ads

Covenant of Celerity - how does it work?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Absinth

Re: Covenant of Celerity - how does it work?

Post#11 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:31 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:54 pm
I get what you are saying ….. What concerns me is long range Classes for example casting long range, AOE from the outer edge of the covenant celerity aura being able to snare a number of people from 195 feet away which means effectively you have the possibility of scaring someone anywhere from 195 feet away to close range.

Anyway, I’m not gonna go back-and-forth about individual abilities because that’s not really my point my point is that destruction has all the tools they need at any range to do whatever they want. Order does not currently in my opinion. I could be wrong, but I don’t think so. I’ve been playing for too many years :-)

I’m not going to go back-and-forth regarding al
Maybe im wrong but there is no spammable aoe at 100feet range that is not a morale and even then we would be talking about snaring 1/4th of people at most because there is no way you will have enough luck at 35% to snare most of people also you should not really think of it as 195feet+ snare as the radius for snare is from the person casting to person at the receiving end, only abusable ability that comes to my mind is the sorc aoe spell called "black horror" as it has the lowest cast time with the largest range while still being aoe but its still not 100feet (80feet instead) and its 3s cast time.

Not to mention all slow ignoring abilities like juggernaut in case of tanks and break loose (slayer)
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Ads
Paxsanarion

Post#12 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:45 pm

Absinth wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:31 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:54 pm
I get what you are saying ….. What concerns me is long range Classes for example casting long range, AOE from the outer edge of the covenant celerity aura being able to snare a number of people from 195 feet away which means effectively you have the possibility of scaring someone anywhere from 195 feet away to close range.

Anyway, I’m not gonna go back-and-forth about individual abilities because that’s not really my point my point is that destruction has all the tools they need at any range to do whatever they want. Order does not currently in my opinion. I could be wrong, but I don’t think so. I’ve been playing for too many years :-)

I’m not going to go back-and-forth regarding al
Maybe im wrong but there is no spammable aoe at 100feet range that is not a morale and even then we would be talking about snaring 1/4th of people at most because there is no way you will have enough luck at 35% to snare most of people also you should not really think of it as 195feet+ snare as the radius for snare is from the person casting to person at the receiving end, only abusable ability that comes to my mind is the sorc aoe spell called "black horror" as it has the lowest cast time with the largest range while still being aoe but its still not 100feet (80feet instead) and its 3s cast time.

Not to mention all slow ignoring abilities like juggernaut in case of tanks and break loose (slayer)
I hear you…. and I know it’s a great ability. I’m just saying it has the potential to be severely abused by people who have knowledge there doesn’t have to be a single spam ability. All you have to have is multiple sorcerers multiple SH, or multiple magus the same party as the dok and they all gain a 9 second snare. I honestly don’t think I would’ve been paying attention to this at all if it were not for the intention of this latest, patch to increase mobility and to hopefully create more free, flowing dynamic battles. I see people arguing about target knocked downs and two second snares, but there’s no mention of this ability. so for me, it just feels one-sided. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s how I feel

Omegus

Post#13 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:21 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:45 pmI’m just saying it has the potential to be severely abused by people who have knowledge
I think you're discovering what most people have known for years regarding CoC combos...
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Paxsanarion

Post#14 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:30 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:21 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:45 pmI’m just saying it has the potential to be severely abused by people who have knowledge
I think you're discovering what most people have known for years regarding CoC combos...
What’s crazy is I have been playing for years but always on Order…… I’m glad to know that I’m not crazy at least not in this regard :-) I only looked into it after I saw the post asking why this had not been impacted by the mobility balance patch, and then I realized that it activated on damage from the party members who have a dok using this aura and then it clicked:-)

Paxsanarion

Post#15 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:34 pm

Nekkma wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:04 pm Both sides have the much more potent snare puddle so aoe snaring from 100 feet range happens all the time regardless of side you play. Describing snare covenant as a 195 feet snare is just wrong. It is a proc and limited to the range between the attacker and its target.
Ok ….. if I am a sorcerer and I am standing 95 feet away from a DOK that has this aura activated and I have the aura active on me and I cast a spell. It goes 100 feet from me to an enemy target that’s 195 feet, if that happens to be an AOE type spell, then you have a 20% chance to snare a target 195 feet away from you for nine seconds. The only thing I don’t know is if it affects everybody that is damaged by your AOE or just your actual target .

And that goes for anyone and everyone in the Doks party including magus who in single target spec can cast even farther. So there’s lots of potential for coordinated snaring of anyone from long range to short range.

Zxul

Post#16 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:10 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:34 pm
Nekkma wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:04 pm Both sides have the much more potent snare puddle so aoe snaring from 100 feet range happens all the time regardless of side you play. Describing snare covenant as a 195 feet snare is just wrong. It is a proc and limited to the range between the attacker and its target.
Ok ….. if I am a sorcerer and I am standing 95 feet away from a DOK that has this aura activated and I have the aura active on me and I cast a spell. It goes 100 feet from me to an enemy target that’s 195 feet, if that happens to be an AOE type spell, then you have a 20% chance to snare a target 195 feet away from you for nine seconds. The only thing I don’t know is if it affects everybody that is damaged by your AOE or just your actual target .

And that goes for anyone and everyone in the Doks party including magus who in single target spec can cast even farther. So there’s lots of potential for coordinated snaring of anyone from long range to short range.
Remind me again, why do you think that being 95 feet away from your healer while being in a party is a good idea?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Bozzax

Post#17 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:17 pm

I’d say remove dest 20% fluff snare the inpact is near irrelevant outside of dok solo play

No one cares really

The impact is so minimal it is hardly noticeable and i say that bc having a zealot healer is more important in any setting
Last edited by Bozzax on Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Paxsanarion

Post#18 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:26 pm

Zxul wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:10 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:34 pm

Remind me again, why do you think that being 95 feet away from your healer while being in a party is a good idea?
I never said it was a good idea in the first place :-) so I don’t think I need to remind you. I’m simply stating how used and abused could be used and abused. Last I checked AOE heals and single target heals go to 100 feet and beyond. You do not need to be right next to your healer to dps just keep line of sight and react to any danger to healer

Ads
Zxul

Post#19 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:39 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:26 pm I never said it was a good idea in the first place :-) so I don’t think I need to remind you. I’m simply stating how used and abused could be used and abused. Last I checked AOE heals and single target heals go to 100 feet and beyond. You do not need to be right next to your healer to dps just keep line of sight and react to any danger to healer
Dok group heal is 100 feet, and was never beyond this range no matter when did you check. Dok single heals are 150 feet, however they indeed require los, which is most zones very much isn't guaranteed at 95 feet+.

So in other words you are complaining that if a sorcerer (a cloth class with no defenses to speak of, and which as an extra bonus tends to self explode) is stupid enough to be 95 feet away from his healer, he might snare someone there?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Detangler

Post#20 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:50 pm

Zxul wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:39 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:26 pm I never said it was a good idea in the first place :-) so I don’t think I need to remind you. I’m simply stating how used and abused could be used and abused. Last I checked AOE heals and single target heals go to 100 feet and beyond. You do not need to be right next to your healer to dps just keep line of sight and react to any danger to healer
Dok group heal is 100 feet, and was never beyond this range no matter when did you check. Dok single heals are 150 feet, however they indeed require los, which is most zones very much isn't guaranteed at 95 feet+.

So in other words you are complaining that if a sorcerer (a cloth class with no defenses to speak of, and which as an extra bonus tends to self explode) is stupid enough to be 95 feet away from his healer, he might snare someone there?
Early on live group heals were 150 feet. I miss those days...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable