Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Let’s continue with making Engineer up to date.

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ruin

[Engi] Let’s continue with making Engineer up to date.

Post#1 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:35 am

Let’s continue with making Engineer up to date.

With the recent patch and the “revamp” of Engineer class, I decided to add some things that have been bothering me with the class and suggest some additional changes (some of them are also mirrored to engi counterpart the disc class).
This is a list of changes I propose to implement to get rid of some legacy mistakes with the class design.
- Change Burn Salve buff from 1 type of resistance to all types, do the same for magus. No idea why did this lasted so long, perhaps it was left in from the first design idea where Dwarfs would only be facing Greenskins?
- Armour piercing rounds seems a bit too high in mastery, comparing it to Mara or WL damage bonus that is in 9th position it could be set a bit lower, maybe with decreased potency.
- Allow Bugman’s Best to heal outside of party, limit it to 6-9 targets
- With the increase of range at which Engi/Disc Class are not losing stacks I would propose to increase the area of effect of Extra Ammo
- Make Hollow-points, same ass Thunderer affect all “Gun” attacks with adjusted potency, something akin to centuries of training, potent enchantments or loudmouth, and dealing physical damage.
- For this I know people will hate me but, I think that Flak Jacket is a buff that was implemented with no decent reason, it would be nice if it could give something more unique, a self-buff like this seems pointless, unless the goal is to make a class on part with it counterpart, maybe make it a team buff for both classes Engi/Disc Class?

Fellow Engineers post your opinions on this?

Ads
Everdin

Re: [Engi] Let’s continue with making Engineer up to date.

Post#2 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:37 am

Ruin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:35 am Let’s continue with making Engineer up to date.

With the recent patch and the “revamp” of Engineer class, I decided to add some things that have been bothering me with the class and suggest some additional changes (some of them are also mirrored to engi counterpart the disc class).
This is a list of changes I propose to implement to get rid of some legacy mistakes with the class design.
- Change Burn Salve buff from 1 type of resistance to all types, do the same for magus. No idea why did this lasted so long, perhaps it was left in from the first design idea where Dwarfs would only be facing Greenskins?
- Armour piercing rounds seems a bit too high in mastery, comparing it to Mara or WL damage bonus that is in 9th position it could be set a bit lower, maybe with decreased potency.
- Allow Bugman’s Best to heal outside of party, limit it to 6-9 targets
- With the increase of range at which Engi/Disc Class are not losing stacks I would propose to increase the area of effect of Extra Ammo
- Make Hollow-points, same ass Thunderer affect all “Gun” attacks with adjusted potency, something akin to centuries of training, potent enchantments or loudmouth, and dealing physical damage.
- For this I know people will hate me but, I think that Flak Jacket is a buff that was implemented with no decent reason, it would be nice if it could give something more unique, a self-buff like this seems pointless, unless the goal is to make a class on part with it counterpart, maybe make it a team buff for both classes Engi/Disc Class?

Fellow Engineers post your opinions on this?
Your instinct does not fool you, people will hate your for that.

Elaborate, why do you think it seems pointless?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Baaldr

Post#3 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:25 am

Engi needs a range slow and that's about it imo, last round of changes are awesome and youre now way more mobile, maybe mirror phosphorus shells with firestorm so that you can move while channeling.

Ruin

Post#4 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:38 am

A self-buff for armour, if class need more armour let’s just give it by increasing its stats or set bonuses, also why this ability goes against the armour stacking rules.
And as a class specific bonus its lacking in terms of uniqueness. It feels bland and without character.

Everdin

Post#5 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:53 am

Ruin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:38 am A self-buff for armour, if class need more armour let’s just give it by increasing its stats or set bonuses, also why this ability goes against the armour stacking rules.
And as a class specific bonus its lacking in terms of uniqueness. It feels bland and without character.
While a stat-increase would be permanent, the buff can be removed from you. The fact thats working against stacking rules is the thing that makes it unique, and in terms of characteristic, reinforcing his armor sounds like something an engineer would do. Not sure what you want instead...
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Zxul

Post#6 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:39 pm

Ruin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:38 am also why this ability goes against the armour stacking rules.
Works exactly the same way in RoR as it did on live- was specifically intended to stack with armor pot.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Tuxedo013

Post#7 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:34 pm

For flak jacket maybe crit dmg reduce or crit chance reduce would be nice since it does not stack with armor potion,suggesting same thing for magus also!

Zxul

Post#8 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:55 pm

Tuxedo013 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:34 pm For flak jacket maybe crit dmg reduce or crit chance reduce would be nice since it does not stack with armor potion,suggesting same thing for magus also!
It does stack with armor pot, intentionally so.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Gunlinger

Post#9 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:25 pm

There is only one thing i would wish to see now, and that would be the tactic ''well oiled Machine'' affecting the keg and the lightning rod too.

nebelwerfer

Post#10 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:15 pm

didn't know flak jacket stacked with potion.
mountain spirit doesn't stack with ability, nor does regenetive shielding. There should be more transparancy considering so many things do not abide by the "system"