Ads

Patch Notes 10/01/2024

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dackjanielz

Re: Patch Notes 10/01/2024

Post#61 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:53 am

lumpi33 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:04 am
Erolgamer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:59 am just a reminder, sorc does not have a single KD, neither a self decurse
That's not how the game is balanced. It's not class vs mirror balanced, it is realm vs realm balanced. There are tons of things order doesn't have. You have to look at the whole picture.

The thing is: They had no problems with choppas/maras dominating the orvr over years with their pulls, annoying order players to the point of quitting. Then engis start pulling -> instant nerf. Then sws become a bit more vaiable -> instant nerf. All within weeks after them becoming somehow usable again. Nerfs without compensation in any form.

When they nerfed the GTDC pull range back then they got a run speed buff in return and they still have it while it wasn't in v1.4.8. Were is that kind of compensation when nerfing order classes. Back then they removed the SW dot stacking without any compensation, leaving the skirmish tree in pieces. Now they nerf split arrow again, nobody knows why, and again without compensation. And now they are doing it again, leaving builds in pieces. They don't do that with destro classes.
Its true tbh im still trying to figure out why WP lost the small single target snare that they have while DOK continues to have a free AOE one that's permanantly online - Like seriously, how is this fair between those two mirrors?.....all for one and none for the other?...

Ads
Paxsanarion

Post#62 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:33 am

Dackjanielz wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:53 am
Erolgamer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:59 am just a reminder, sorc does not have a single KD, neither a self decurse
That's not how the game is balanced. It's not class vs mirror balanced, it is realm vs realm balanced. There are tons of things order doesn't have. You have to look at the whole picture.

The thing is: They had no problems with choppas/maras dominating the orvr over years with their pulls, annoying order players to the point of quitting. Then engis start pulling -> instant nerf. Then sws become a bit more vaiable -> instant nerf. All within weeks after them becoming somehow usable again. Nerfs without compensation in any form.

When they nerfed the GTDC pull range back then they got a run speed buff in return and they still have it while it wasn't in v1.4.8. Were is that kind of compensation when nerfing order classes. Back then they removed the SW dot stacking without any compensation, leaving the skirmish tree in pieces. Now they nerf split arrow again, nobody knows why, and again without compensation. And now they are doing it again, leaving builds in pieces. They don't do that with destro classes.
Its true tbh im still trying to figure out why WP lost the small single target snare that they have while DOK continues to have a free AOE one that's permanantly online - Like seriously, how is this fair between those two mirrors?.....all for one and none for the other?...

All my time on this server has been invested years playing and building Order characters. The writing in on the wall. If I wanna have a more enjoyable experience and not feel like I am constantly fighting against the odds with the deck stacked against me I will have to join Destro and Team Gravord :-( either that or I will have to find a new game to play. It’s just not worth my time otherwise

normanis

Post#63 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:29 am

just make ''stop drop and roll'' as aoe knock down melle range same as mara have
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Paxsanarion

Post#64 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:51 am

normanis wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:29 am just make ''stop drop and roll'' as aoe knock down melle range same as mara have
It’s not really about individual skills, per se. It’s more about the general balancing of realms. I completely understand what the order theme is supposed to be about and I also understand what the destruction theme is supposed to be about and how all classes are supposed to synergize within that theme. It’s not about skill trading in my opinion. It’s like Wam has said you have to look at the big picture and how all the classes work together within realm to make it what it is and right now it seems to me that destruction has all the tools for all the characters to do what they need to do for their side. For the longest time I didn’t wanna believe this was the case so I kept playing order because I enjoy the aesthetics and those classes thematically more than the destruction classes. But unfortunately now I feel it’s been a waste of my time and I can either join destruction or stop playing.

Vaul

Post#65 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:01 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:33 am

All my time on this server has been invested years playing and building Order characters. The writing in on the wall. If I wanna have a more enjoyable experience and not feel like I am constantly fighting against the odds with the deck stacked against me I will have to join Destro and Team Gravord :-( either that or I will have to find a new game to play. It’s just not worth my time otherwise
I hear you. You have also consider it with it's "mirror" which is Warrior Priest's 20% heal on hit which has good value for AOE warbands too. I think it has been seen though that - for PUG warbands especially - mobility (or opponent's lack of it) often trumps raw power (healing/dps).
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

Absinth

Post#66 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:14 pm

While Im all for the mirroring covenants/prayers between those two classes there is one thing you have to understand, this game should not be judged as two sides with "mirrors" if we go by that then lets give slayers gdtc and choppas rampage, and after that you will cry that rampage is too OP, not to talk about the KOTBS m4 that removes ALL MORALE POINTS from enemies where destro """"mirror"""" removes only 1 level of morale (from lv4 to lv3), I wonder how that would feel when during keep pushes whole push is getting canceled because one kotbs clicked m4. And we can go both sides about this till we mirror everything even giving a pet to mara and shadow warrior, while giving stances to squig herder and white lion and other stuff like that because one is "mirror" of another.

where is my free 80 wounds on 1hr cd on dok?
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Paxsanarion

Post#67 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:15 pm

Vaul wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:01 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:33 am

I hear you. You have also consider it with it's "mirror" which is Warrior Priest's 20% heal on hit which has good value for AOE warbands too. I think it has been seen though that - for PUG warbands especially - mobility (or opponent's lack of it) often trumps raw power (healing/dps).
Yes, The warrior priest ability is great within the party. That’s just 6 people :-) Covenant of Celerity Can affect anyone and any number of people inside or outside of an enemy war band and can do so from 195 feet away or more, depending on which class is within the party with the is doing damage what range of attacks they are using.

Overall, and I don’t mean to pick on CoC Because it’s a great ability. My realization of the power of this ability in addition to the synergy it has with all the other abilities on destruction, makes it much more attractive for me to consider playing destruction rather than playing order that’s all.

I simply see that over the past year or so and especially lately destruction seems to be the better choice if you want more enjoyment of the game

Edit: I don’t understand how the snare proc on Covenant of celerity is supposed to enhance mobility and battle dynamics if it stays how it is :-)

Dackjanielz

Post#68 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:08 pm

Absinth wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:14 pm

While Im all for the mirroring covenants/prayers between those two classes there is one thing you have to understand, this game should not be judged as two sides with "mirrors" if we go by that then lets give slayers gdtc and choppas rampage, and after that you will cry that rampage is too OP, not to talk about the KOTBS m4 that removes ALL MORALE POINTS from enemies where destro """"mirror"""" removes only 1 level of morale (from lv4 to lv3), I wonder how that would feel when during keep pushes whole push is getting canceled because one kotbs clicked m4. And we can go both sides about this till we mirror everything even giving a pet to mara and shadow warrior, while giving stances to squig herder and white lion and other stuff like that because one is "mirror" of another.

where is my free 80 wounds on 1hr cd on dok?

Supposedly you get Devour essence instead - i have no idea how good it is but.
im perfectly fine with not having an AOE snare, i just don't understand what it is that we DO get in mirror to it.

In theory prayer of righteous.......That's a pretty bad deal.

It WAS our single target snare but suddenly without any reason it was binned? So ya.....

Ads
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#69 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:18 pm

Imo the Big brawlin' tactic has more of a downside now than enhancing the skill, esp for a 7 point specc tactic
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

oaliaen

Post#70 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:17 pm

sullemunk wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:18 pm Imo the Big brawlin' tactic has more of a downside now than enhancing the skill, esp for a 7 point specc tactic
The trade is too high, 20sec for a low 5 séc snare is a Lot to spend in.