Recent Topics

Ads

PTS Patch Notes 09/01/2024

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
vastagor

Re: PTS Patch Notes 09/01/2024

Post#31 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:52 am

bw10 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:38 pm pretty major changes, but why?
Wrong person to ask, go watch Gravord twich and you will get your answer!!!
Maca

Ads
tazdingo

Post#32 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:03 am

good patch, i feel unstoppable jug could be 30s as nobody except maybe ibs with their 2nd jug is gonna take it at 40s but still agree with the overall intention of changes

UnspeakableOath

Post#33 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:16 am

Rotgut wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:05 am
UnspeakableOath wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:07 am My 2 cents:

Snare balances are overall good for everyone, if it might take a little getting used to.

That said:

Shadow Warrior has lost any possible role in WB. With split arrows giving damage -20%, Broadhead and Spiral, I don't think that tactic is worth it.
Ambush losing radius and snare time also hurts for WB play.
Range knock going from 100ft to 65 ft with VoN having to be on also hurts for WB.
Flame arrow already took a nerf during the ability patch.
Pierce Defense also got much worse for helping your WB do damage.

So all in all, there is no reason for a SW to be in a warband over ANY OTHER Order DPS. SW didn't bring much before, and the bring even less now. The morale drain of Barrage is the only thing, and is really only effective when paired with Winds.

I'm glad to see Engi/Magus got love, but SW was already near (or at) the bottom of the heap for dps, and now has lost damage, survivability, and almost all utility. As a SW player that plays WB exclusively, there is no reason to play this character.

Each class has 3 lines. There should be no reason that one of those lines on the DPS should not be fully for WB play.
the morale drain from Barrage is huge
Only with Winds
I would argue there is no reason to bring a Slayer over a SW in the current patch.
Slayers do straight up more effective aoe damage, with less positional requirement, and are more survivable because they get guards. Skirm SW plays at 40 feet away and flips in and out of guard range.
have an incredibly strong M2

Had. Now it has a vastly reduced radius and duration
morale drains.
Again, only with Winds.

All in all, since there was no commensurate downturn to the mirror class, there is no way to reasonably conclude it wasn't targeted at SW because a subpar class finally became somewhat viable.

Haojin

Post#34 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:31 am

amazing patch, thanks for the amazing effort. i'm grateful for this amazing ideas.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Noslock

Post#35 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:32 am

Time to find another server ,every time I level a class they nerf it to the ground.

Farrul

Post#36 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:46 am

So you nerf the aoe of a class already underperforming (SW) in this department, this makes no sense.

zgolec

Post#37 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:47 am

R.I.P. small scale SW.
Last edited by zgolec on Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

agemennon675

Post#38 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:09 am

UnspeakableOath wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:07 am My 2 cents:

Snare balances are overall good for everyone, if it might take a little getting used to.

That said:

Shadow Warrior has lost any possible role in WB. With split arrows giving damage -20%, Broadhead and Spiral, I don't think that tactic is worth it.
Ambush losing radius and snare time also hurts for WB play.
Range knock going from 100ft to 65 ft with VoN having to be on also hurts for WB.
Flame arrow already took a nerf during the ability patch.
Pierce Defense also got much worse for helping your WB do damage.

So all in all, there is no reason for a SW to be in a warband over ANY OTHER Order DPS. SW didn't bring much before, and the bring even less now. The morale drain of Barrage is the only thing, and is really only effective when paired with Winds.

I'm glad to see Engi/Magus got love, but SW was already near (or at) the bottom of the heap for dps, and now has lost damage, survivability, and almost all utility. As a SW player that plays WB exclusively, there is no reason to play this character.

Each class has 3 lines. There should be no reason that one of those lines on the DPS should not be fully for WB play.
I disagree. We've seen an increase in SWs recently (from the Guilds that have the roster to apply them) because of how good they are. In my opinion, the only reason Order WBs didn't have more than one SW per WB was due to the Choppa Ball pull. Their survivability were a lot worse than a Slayer's who is running around with 50% Parry. But now that Git To Da Choppa is nerfed, they are viable again.

The nerf to Split Arrow means they are in line with Slayers and Choppas, who also get a 20% dmg nerf with Accuracy/Extra Choppin' (basically the same tactic) - as a matter of fact its a little better during EU cuz it doesn't have a cap at 24 targets. And the morale drain from Barrage is huge, Destro's tanks having Morale Pump tactics is one of their main advantages over Order.

I would argue there is no reason to bring a Slayer over a SW in the current patch. ID is bugged (can't apply more then 2 so Winds + ID is gone) and can be cleansed, Bring it On (Choppa's channel) counts IDs as a direct hit so you can kill yourself if you ID a Freebootaz WB or any Choppa heavy WB, Rampage is overblown in oRvR outside of funnels cuz any class can bypass avoidance if you position yourself as you should - the only unique contribution a Slayer currently have is the CD debuff with Shatter Limbs. SWs are currently doing more dmg, have an incredibly strong M2 and morale drains.
I guess order guilds missed all your points since literally no serious guild even recruit this class lol
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
zgolec

Post#39 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:16 am

agemennon675 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:09 am I guess order guilds missed all your points since literally no serious guild even recruit this class lol
Ahh yeah... Thats why most of "serious" top guilds has at least 1 SW on WB all the time.

People that know how to utilize SW will always have slot for them, good SWs in WB have ammount of kills in zone like SL or BWs.

It's pugs that do not know squat about this class and dont bring em in the fields :P
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Caleb

Post#40 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:19 am

Everyone started playing a Shadow Warrior in the past 2 weeks because it was so terrible, right? ^^

It was a mass Shadow-Warrior Rolling period, and for a good reason.